Sequoia Retail Systems
Sequoia Retail Systems – Mountain View, CA
* Analyze, design, program, debug, and modify new products and/or software enhancements * Write scalable, reliable, and maintainable code and perform… Beyond.com
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Sequoia Retail Systems full-time (more than an year)Pros
- Focus on customer satisfaction is strong, almost too strong.
- Salary and benefits are decent. 401k is probably the best benefit here.Cons
- Management keep talking about entering new markets since the company's only market is retracting and growth/revenues have stalled, yet nothing ever comes of it. It's no wonder why a 30 year old company can't grow revenues by more than $10MM.
- Software development is behind the times in technology and is completely reluctant to change for both technology and process. SaaS product was built by engineers who knew nothing about SaaS or good UI design and it shows. Waterfall methodology is used and so much rework has to be done due to reluctance to collaborate, cooperate and communicate.
- Very much a good 'ol boys mentality/culture in the Product and Development sides.
- Company culture is mostly 'exclusive' versus 'inclusive' and there always seem to be a hidden agenda.
- Product is very buggy and usually only the ones that bring down a customer get attention.
- No emphasis on professional growth. Not once did I have a review in 2 years working there.
- Work-life balance is not a priority here. Work is your life...just to keep the company afloat.Advice to ManagementAdvice
- Take some risk and enter a new market
- Treat your employees with respect. Many times I saw the opposite.
- Stale, outdated mentality and process in product development and management is hindering you badly. Yet, you keep promoting these people. Why?Doesn't RecommendNegative OutlookDisapproves of CEO