SolarCity – Fresno, CA
• Lead and Manage team of Retail Lead Generators, motivate, train and coach • Drive lead generation to meet bookings goals and objectives • Increase… SolarCity
SolarCity – Fresno, CA
“Believe in a better way!” Do you strive to be the best at whatever you put your mind to? Do you want to be part the movement that is tackling… SolarCity
6 people found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at SolarCity full-time (more than an year)Pros
1) Commission is pretty good (when they pay you correctly, every commission statement I've ever received is wrong)
2) Company car is a nice perk
3) A lot of really good people work here, management is the issueCons
1) When I started there was 6 people doing sales in the area, now there is over 30 with the exact same number of leads. The management team, has flooded the floor with all of their close friends and gives the quality leads to them.
2) Treated like a number. Does not matter how consistent your numbers are, promotions go to the person who had the hot month. Sold 10-13 every month and missed out on a promotion to a guy 2 months into the job that sold 4 & 17 his 2 months.
3) Zero help from management, they have WAY too many people to stay on top of so they do not give you the personal help you need.
4) Culture of dishonesty promoted. During my 2 day training the manager tried to teach me to lower the amount of kw/h the customer uses per month in order to make their SolarCity payment lower. Then customer uses what they use and get a huge bill from the utility. Shady way to do business and it is taught from the Director level on down.
5) Something like a 35% cancellation rate in Central California, hard to earn a living when you lose 3-4 of the 10 deals you close monthly. (10 is generous nearly everyone sold less than 5 last month; see too many salespeople for the leads provided)Advice to ManagementAdvice
There is a huge issue in Central California and it starts with the Directors on down to the RSM's. You need to take a look at what is going and fix it before you lose some very talented people. Nobody wants to work in an environment where they have to lie and cheat to be successful but that is what is being taught by the management team.
I believe that Lyndon and Pete have good hearts but have some bad people working here. Hopefully they look into it and make the changes that need to be made.Doesn't RecommendNegative OutlookNo opinion of CEO