The Climate Corp
The Climate Corp – San Francisco, CA
The Climate Corporations mission is to help all the worlds people and businesses manage and adapt to climate change. To achieve our mission, we have… The Climate Corp
The Climate Corporation – San Francisco, CA
The Climate Corporation is looking for an experienced senior-level applied scientist to lead our Agronomic Modeling team. This team is a branch of… Glassdoor
The Climate Corp Photos
1 person found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at The Climate Corp full-time (less than an year)Pros
- Incredible mission. Climate is solving one of the most important problems in the world today. As we continue to expand internationally, this will be even more evident.
- Brilliant people. There are more scientists and PhD's relative to other companies.
- Great office in a good location (3rd and market). We recently moved to a second floor as well. There's ping pong, foosball, arcades, etc.
- Free meals. Breakfast and lunch every day. Dinner if you stay long enough.
- Lots of company-sponsored trips for you to learn more about ag and insurance. But this may be less true for other teams.Cons
- One company DNA is 'be open and transparent'. Senior management could do a much better job of getting inputs from employees about decisions.
- The company does a terrible job of recruiting and it's not the recruiters fault. Senior leadership should get more involved pitching the company (CEO at speaking events, sponsorships, other PR initiatives). The company name sucks.
- Engineering culture is still primitive.Advice to ManagementAdvice
- Invest in PR if you want to improve recruiting.
- Do everything to hire engineers faster while keeping the caliber high. This means going to more universities and recruiting internationally.RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO