No jobs found – change your filters above for more results
“Opportunities for growth if you put in the time; Hard work is rewarded; Work with talented, smart, and fun colleagues. ”
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Venn Strategies full-time for more than 3 yearsPros
• Venn rewards a job well done and invests in employees that are looking to stick around. The review and bonus structures are great and they have a fairly robust “mentor” program for employees to give and receive feedback from the CEO and management team.
• The firm provides an array of services for its clients, and its employees learn a broad range of very marketable skills and gain meaningful professional experience in government relations, advocacy, policy analysis, and coalition and event management.
• If you’re looking to work hard with/for smart, talented, and motivated people, than this is the place for you.
• Venn sets high standards to provide very high value for the client’s dollar, and this will push you to grow professionally.Cons
• Given that this is a small/medium sized firm that is growing quickly (which is a good thing), there can be lags in hiring more staff when a flux of new business comes in. Learn to be flexible and communicate effectively with your team leaders and the CEO about how much time you allocate per client- it will be up to them if you delegate some of your responsibilities in order to take on new projects.Advice to ManagementAdvice
• While there are clear objectives between senior positions in the firm (Vice President vs. Principal etc.) it would be helpful for junior positions in the firm interested in promotion potential to have a better picture of what distinguishes Associate v. Senior Associate vs. Assistant Vice President. On the junior level, work responsibilities can tend to get blurred.RecommendsApproves of CEO