No jobs found – change your filters above for more results
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Verizon full-timePros
FYI, worked for finance organization.
- Competitive pay
- Lots of options for movement because such a large company
- Friendly and helpful colleagues
- Room for improvement, especially in reporting efficiency (could also be a negative)
- Great benefits
- Ideas are listened to (although not always acted on)
- Good education support. Pay for CPA, CFA, etc.. CPA especially desired for promotionsCons
- All of Verizon's industries (wireless, wireline, enterprise) are becoming more and more competitive. Especially noticeable in the wireless area. That means costs need to be saved. Slower promoting, hiring freezes, and general cost saving happening. No mass layoffs as of yet.
- Top management promotes higher efficiency and performance, however not all groups embrace this and status quo often seems to win the day.
- Pay and recognition are not well tied to value add activities.
- Promote based on "experience" not necessarily ability/talent. This can result in mediocre middle management and unsatisfied junior talent.
- No official program to explore groups outside your ownAdvice to ManagementAdvice
Performance excellence and world class culture must come from the bottom up. Get middle management more serious about bringing top performance from their groups and the more junior employees will follow. Recognize and reward talent, don't let them atrophy.RecommendsNeutral OutlookNo opinion of CEO