1 person found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Zipcar full-time (more than 3 years)Pros
- Some of the people are smart, very competent, and nice to be around.
- Most managers do not impose a lot of tight deadlines or other unnecessary stress.
- Culturally most of the people tend to be polite and pleasant.
- Interesting problems to solve, in that it's a blend of software challenges and real-world interactions (i..e customers driving cars).Cons
- Some people in positions of authority exhibit poor judgment and leadership.
- Lack of accountability and recognition. Bad people aren't fired and continue to do damage for years. The best people don't have control over decisions and direction.
- The parent company Avis Budget Group is extremely tone deaf and injects a lot of nonsense into the company's direction and processes.
- The benefits suck, especially the health plans. ABG nickels and dimes everything including salaries.Advice to ManagementAdvice
- Hire people who are wiser and more effective. Drop the incompetent people including contractors.
- Be more generous with salary and benefits.
- ABG should leave Zipcar alone.Doesn't RecommendNeutral Outlook