IOMART LIMITED – Wigan, England
Develop and lead proactive initiatives to develop new leads. Outbound calling to client database to establish New Business opportunities Ensure… Adzuna
IOMART LIMITED – United Kingdom
Developing a culture of continuous improvement within your team, identifying processes, systems and strategies to improve revenues, quality and… Adzuna
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at iomart full-timePros
- a number of very talented people in the Technical side (but company has very poor retention rate)
- opportunity to gain experience (but don't hope for any reasonable training)
- coffee, tea and cereal provided (but they're total s about it)Cons
- Lied to at interview... a very rosey picture was drawn but then even the manager admitted things are FAR from rosey!
- Salary is pathetic and not standardised, e.g. someone who starts 2 years after you at a junior role can have a higher salary. Job promotions have no connection to salary. No shift allowance to the shift workers. Holiday allowance has been changed for the newbees or there'll be a revolt if they forced the change to the guys still around.
- Training is an absolute joke! Management will keep telling you "if you want training for anything just ask", but they simply throw a book at you (ones left years ago by ex-employees) or they leave you in limbo with a false promise. There is a new training portal (full of mistakes in the course material) but you're given no time to train and told to study in your own time... considering how the working hours are, you're left with ZERO motivation to study at the end of each day.
- Customers are lied to about EVERYTHING. More time is spent to figure out how to tell a customer how it's not the company's fault rather then saying a mistake happened and we're now fixing it.
- "He who smelt it, dealt it" rule. If you discover a mistake or are handed something with mistakes from seniors or company veterans, blame is automatically assigned to you. People have received disciplinary over someone else's mistakes.
- Working hard is rewarded with more work, complaints about pathetic mistakes like grammar and totally contradictory procedures continue to be churned out of management.
If you work for this company, they will destroy your motivation, work ethic and ultimately your soul! EVERYONE speaks about leaving and in the last 2 years the numbers that are leaving is shaking the foundations of this company. Even then, the CEO always says "Sales [team] are the most important to him"... IT and infrastructure means nothing to this man and is currently in the brink of total failure, only held up by a handful and when they leave, this house of cards is going down!Advice to ManagementAdvice
Why bother! Management don't listen and just shift responsibility (aka blame) to their underlings. Even writing this is a total waste of time!
The only advice I can give, stop writing fake reviews! You ain't fooling anyone!
Also, shareholders, you need to take charge of these ragdolls and get experienced IT executives to manage the company.Doesn't RecommendNegative OutlookDisapproves of CEO