No jobs found – change your filters above for more results
the trainline.com Photos
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at the trainline.com full-time for more than a yearPros
* Free fruit and drinks.
* Monthly social.
* Good facilities / office.
* Open to ideas (to a point).
* Flexible working with some working from home permitted.
* Some great developers!Cons
* Flat development structure means no-one really knows what their role is (there are no junior / senior positions, just "developers"). This leads to some developers taking advantage and coasting (no-one ever gets fired, no matter how bad they are) and other developers wanting to drive forward / progress are held back.
* No real career progression due to flat structure meaning "You are all the same" with nowhere to go.
* Not great pay or benefits - annual performance reviews do NOT translate to any pay-rise or bonus / reward. This feeds back to same issue as flat structure where everyone gets the same pay rise whether you excel or coast.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Be brave enough to acknowledge that someone with 15 years experience is going to be stronger than a graduate with zero experience. Reward those that excel and warn / remove those that are continually swinging the lead. If you do not you will continue to lose the strong people while keeping the poor ones that have nowhere else to go due to their lack of skill.Doesn't RecommendPositive OutlookApproves of CEO