- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at élan Data Makers full-time (less than a year)Pros
* The supervisors are friendly, personable, and extremely competent. They go the extra mile to help you, whether it's with improving your job performance (training/re-training as needed) or fixing up the ergonomics of your workstation, and they encourage you to ask questions.
* Your performance is tracked numerically—great if you like looking at statistics. If you're confused or unsure why you got errors on something, you can ask a supervisor to look it up and review it with you. Verifiers can also send you private written feedback to help you improve. Generally, everyone (not just the supervisors) is very helpful and willing to answer questions.
* The productivity bonus plan is generous. Earning a consistent bonus shouldn't be a problem if you're a proficient typist and attentive to detail.
* You can work with headphones on; most people do. You can keep yourself motivated with music, or learn from podcasts and audiobooks. The work is mostly solitary (with everyone typing at their terminals all day), so it's suited for people who are more on the shy/introverted side.
* If you use a monthly bus pass, you can get reimbursed for half its cost.Cons
* If you aren't strongly self-motivated, the work can become repetitive and boring.
* On some projects, the workload can be unpredictable. If there isn't enough work, you may end up getting fewer hours of work than expected.
* Temporary status means you don't get any benefits. (Permanent data entry positions do exist and offer good benefits, but few people have the level of skill required, and even fewer would be willing to commit to this as a long-term career.)Advice to ManagementAdvice
The office culture is great, but please consider investing in some equipment upgrades/replacements for the workstations.RecommendsPositive OutlookNo opinion of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied online. The process took 4 days – interviewed at élan Data Makers.Interview Details
I applied online and got a phone call for an interview in a few days. After an one on one interview which you also talk about the wage, you have to take a test right after to see if you have an eye for details. After a few days from the interview and the test, I got another phone call that I got hired.Interview Questions
Negotiation DetailsNo negotiation if you don't have much experience.Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
- Taking the test was the most unexpected. Answer Question
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –