For the last 100 years, we have been inventing new ways to power the world and improve productivity. Today, we work on some of the most important technical and environmental challenges facing the planet.
All over the world we help businesses big and small do more with their energy and make less impact on the environment. Fortune magazine rates us as the best company in our sector and we’ve got big plans for the future.
If you’re looking for work with a purpose, challenging global projects and a chance to shape tomorrow's technology, come and rewrite your future – join us in the power and productivity revolution. Find out how working at ABB could power up your career now.
With the tough challenges and cutting-edge projects we work on every day, you’ll have everything you need to take your career to the next level.
Our company has grown to include leading companies like Ventyx, Thomas & Betts and Baldor. Find out what’s on offer in these companies now.
A better worlds begins with you.
The future of ABB is in the hands of our people. That’s why the support, career development and opportunities are as good as they are. What’s it like to work here?
Working on tough assignments in international teams, you’ll find all you need to realize your full potential. There is training in 15 key disciplines from engineering and project management to Research & Development (R&D) and sustainability, as well as world-class management and leadership programs. Find out about the development and learning opportunities within ABB now.
Explore opportunities and projects around the world. Learn different languages online, master new subjects and skilss at ABB University, our training portal, and keep up to date with the latest thinking in your field with technical papers and professional journals.
At ABB, you’ll find everything you need to make the most of your career while helping to make a better world.
Diversity delivers power and productivity.
In more than 100 countries around the world, we work on some of the biggest challenges facing business and society today. To succeed, we need to understand the people we serve and the cultures they live in. The more diverse our teams are, the more likely we are to stay ahead.
That's why we recruit and develop talent regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, nationality or disability. It's the only way to achieve true diversity of thought, opinion and experience.
Watch the video below and visit our Diversity pages to find out more.
Diversity and Inclusiveness in North America:
- ABB North America has an Executive Council focused specifically on developing Diversity and Inclusiveness across the region. Council members include the Region Head and other senior managers across North America.
- At the next level, volunteers from many different backgrounds, have formed a network to provide recommendations to senior management on how to make our culture and business practices more diverse.
- ABB US runs a mentoring program to give employees from different backgrounds good career guidance and exposure to senior management.
- As a member of leading organizations in this area, such as, Diversity Best Practices and Catalyst, we learn from and inform best practices in diversity education and awareness.
- We are driving Diversity and Inclusiveness efforts right across the business, from recruitment and employee development to networking opportunities, training and company policy.
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at ABBPros
Good hours, office culture was good, pay was about average.Cons
A little slow at times.RecommendsNeutral OutlookNo opinion of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at ABB.Interview Details
I joined ABB as a Management Trainee. We were selected based on our undergraduate GPA, and the requirement was a minimum of 70% (in the Indian system of calculation - in percentages). First of, there was a comprehensive assessment in Math, English and concepts of engineering. Then, a final one-on-one interview at the headquarters, conducted by the HR and one Vice President.Interview Questions
Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
- What is so different about ABB and why do you want to join us ? Answer Question
ABB is a global leader in power and automation technologies. Based in Zurich, Switzerland, the company employs 145,000 people and operates in approximately 100 countries. The firm’s shares are traded on the stock exchanges of Zurich, Stockholm and New York.
The group is particularly proud of its record for innovation - widely recognized through countless awards and scientific...
Mission: Improve performance: Help customers improve their operating performance & productivity whilst saving energy & lowering environmental impact.