- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at ANCILE Solutions full-time (less than a year)Pros
1) Great work-life balance.
2) Many employees are happy, some aren't, but I believe the employees that aren't satisfied are not realizing the state of the software industry. Compared to places I've worked in and have been told of by colleagues, Ancile is not bad at all.
3) Many other software engineering divisions burn-out their Software Developers, but Ancile seem to care about work-life balance more than most companies.
4) In regards to the dark office spaces, frankly, I like it that way; Less glare from the screens and allows me to concentrate.
5) Current employees are very welcoming
6) The CTO is very forward thinking.
7) Decent pay.Cons
1) Not extremely challenging or cutting-edge work, but still fulfilling.
2) Niche products.
3) Odd PTOAdvice to ManagementAdvice
Software is all about innovation. Be forward thinking or you will be out-classed and steam-rolled.
Invest in R&D, instead of going from sprint to sprint fixing bugs.
If you don't invest more employee time in R&D your product will become old and stale. I've worked with companies half your size that invest twice as much in employees time for R&D.RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at ANCILE Solutions.Interview Details
Interview process took over a month, beginning with phone based screenings. After 2 phone sessions, I was brought into the headquarters for an interview process involving 8 different people across 3 different departments eating a total of about 3 hours. (I knew this going in, as I was warned by the phone recruiter that the process was arduous)
Many of the interviewers repeated the same questions, and then added a few of their job-specific questions.
Beverages and snacks were constantly offered throughout the process, and I was made to feel comfortable and relaxed throughout the process.Interview Questions
Negotiation DetailsI stated my desired salary, and was told that my starting rate covers that amount.Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
- "Do you know the origin story of our company name?" View Answer
ANCILE software has been chosen by more than 4400 companies, including half of the Fortune 100, and over 19 million end users.
Through technology, ANCILE offers the ability to connect workers, business applications, and processes with on-demand learning and real-time performance support, and enable validated, action-oriented communications.
We provide software that makes it easy for experts and leaders to capture & create content related to core knowledge, publish and push that content, validate receipt and understanding, and promote sharing and discussion through...