- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at ASTRO full-time for more than a yearPros
I dare say Astro is one of the best homegrown companies not just in Malaysia but also regionally. The management strives to provide a progressive and vibrant environment for employees to perform at their level best coupled with competitive perks and benefits. Employees are mostly fun enthusiastic people, they even makes stress looks cool! Talents are diverse, Astro hires people from all walks of life including expats.
What I like the most is that the company invest a lot of money and resources into its talents with so many out-of-work events organized almost every day and they are all free! Examples like; open mic, sports and games, volunteering, contests etc..
Needless to say they provide free Astro subscription (all channels), meal allowance, free parking, comprehensive medical coverage, ESOS, company trips, performance-based bonus and salary is competitive.
Astro, with all its resources now serves as an incubator grooming talents for the media industry and one can easily land a job with other media players with experienced gained here.Cons
1) Nothing much other than normal human issues with attitude and discipline ie; favoritism, hearsays, procrastinating etc.
2) Considering it is a highly regulated industry, compliance is at its utmost priority, sometimes too stringent but we still work anyway. Non-compliance is a serious issue there.
3) There are also some disgruntled senior employees unsatisfied with many issues on a personal level, you know how to handle them.
4) Although the company sets a bold and clear goals into each project, some bosses are too comfortable by not making the effort to work closely with the executing team, offering their insights and guidance. And play the blaming game for poor results.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Stay innovative with more product offerings and new businesses. Also continue to bring good vibes in all dos because employees love it..RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied through other source. The process took 3 months - interviewed at ASTRO in August 2010.Interview Details
Casual and easy going. There were several interviews and salary negotiation stages. Bonus was contractual. It took several months before the offer was made and we were mutually happy with the salary offerInterview Questions
Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
- What would you do to turn around the business if given a chance Answer Question
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –