- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I worked at Advanced Semiconductor EngineeringDoesn't RecommendPositive OutlookApproves of CEODoesn't RecommendPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Great way to see the entire semiconductor industry and manufacturing Freedom to pursue opportunities Great people worldwide
Compensation is poor Lack of advancement, career paths Glass ceiling for non-Taiwanese employees
Advice to Management
Need better career growth for employees
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Advanced Semiconductor Engineering (Bayan Lepas (Malaysia)) in April 2015.
The interview was conducted by the general manager outside the company. He was late by 30min. He would like to evaluate the technical skill of the candidate. The question he asked was generic and it did not result in any meaningful discussion. The specific problem he is interested best answered by a application developer with knowledge in database optimization. There wasn't any discussion on IT strategy, or the top priority on his IT department.
- What cause CPU/Memory/Network congestion. (This is not an interactive discussion, he just want to see how I answer it to see if I am technically capable) 1 Answer
- Obviously you need to polish up your technical skill. Your answers are philosophical and does not contain any meat. This is typical IT manager talk. OK, let me tell you we have this production application that was brought down by a script run by a technician. Tell me what might be the problem 1 Answer
- I have hundreds of interviewees lines up miles, if you want me to put in extra $ in your pocket, you better polish up your technical skill. I think if I hire you, you will be fired in 3 months 1 Answer
- Do you want to try another question? 1 Answer
- We have a label printing issue, what is causing it? 1 Answer
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
Advanced Semiconductor Engineering (ASE) helps chip makers wrap up production. The company is one of the world's leading providers of semiconductor packaging services; it also designs and manufactures interconnect materials and provides front-end and final chip testing services through its subsidiary ASE Test. The company provides electronic manufacturing services through Universal Scientific Industrial (USI), and it owns ISE Labs, an engineering test services provider in Silicon Valley. Customers in the US account for about half of ASE's sales. The company has ...