I worked at AdvantaPros
This was a great company to work for many benefits. Forward thinking in their IT technology area. Great people to work with. Great learning experience.Cons
Company seem to lose its direction on its core competency areas. They seem to abandon ship too early not wait for recovery.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied online. The process took 2 days – interviewed at Advanta in March 2010.Interview Details
I had a consortium on Thursday where they basically just showed us around the
office and gave us a brief break down of what operations does. Then on
Friday I had 2 different interviews with 2 people in each interview.
Some questions were -
1) tell me about a time when you improved a system?
2) If i were to talk to your old boss, what would he/she say would be
your greatest weakness?
3) Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
4) What is your greatest accomplishment?
5) Operations does not make GS money, so why is it needed?
6) They will prob ask questions about GS stock, competition, what's
going on in the news, etc (do your homework!!!!!)
7) I was not asked this, but one kids was - Do you know what a pivot
table is in Excel?
8) then they ask some resume specific questionsInterview Questions
Negotiation DetailsNo NegotiationsAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
- Tell me about a time when you improved a system? Answer Question
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
Advanta Bank Corp., formerly one of the nation's largest issuers of MasterCard and some Visa business credit cards to small businesses and professionals, is getting out of the credit card business for now. Advnta announced it would no longer accept charges on its cards starting in June 2009, affecting more than 1 million accounts.The bank will continue to offer deposit products and online banking, but said it plans to wait out the recession before reevaluating its credit card business. Its customers were told they would be able to continue paying on their balances as...