Consider working for the Chemical Industry’s Best Managed Company – the one Forbes magazine named to it’s Most Admired Companies list. A company that offers associates industry-leading training, opportunities for growth and advancement, and a commitment to entrepreneurial spirit at every level.
As the largest U.S. distributor of industrial, medical, and specialty gases and hardgoods, Airgas has a focus on quality products – but we recognize that it's the quality of our people that makes our success possible. With more than 17,000 employees working in approximately 1,100 locations – branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty labs, production facilities, and distribution centers – chances are there is a career at Airgas custom fit for you.
Our Guiding Principles get to the heart of our company culture. It’s not a set of rules. It’s a reflection of who we are as Airgas associates.
- We believe that safety must always come first.
- We drive decision-making authority as close to the customer as possible.
- We give managers autonomy and hold them accountable for customer satisfaction and operational and financial performance.
- We work closely with our customers to anticipate their needs and exceed their expectations.
- We insist on uncompromising integrity in everything we do.
- We believe that all of our associates should be treated with respect and dignity.
- We value differing points of view and seek to foster an environment where everyone feels safe to express those views.
- We encourage individual initiative but always come together as a team.
- We provide opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- We confront problems head on and look for solutions, not excuses.
Airgas customers know they can count on our products. And Airgas employees and the communities they serve know they can count on us to make safety and giving back top priorities.
When it comes to our people, safety comes first. Airgas has the largest hazmat emergency response organization in the U.S. specifically trained to deal with compressed gases, with more than 25 teams nationwide. Throughout the year, Airgas Emergency Response Organization (AERO) team members drill with community firefighters to prep them to deal with incidents involving gases and cylinders.
Each day, we know that the greatest impact we make is seen in the local communities where we work. We are always looking for a way to give back, making significant contributions to the communities we serve every day. Have ideas for how we can give back to make an even bigger impact? Join the Airgas team and let’s start a conversation.
More than paychecks. Plans for the future.
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employee stock purchase program
Keeping your health in mind--with flexible options.
- Choose between two build-your-own PPO options, or an HMO alternative
- Select from two valuable dental plan options
- Always have the medications you need with a prescription drug plan
- Keep tabs on your eye health with our vision care plan
- Take advantage of healthcare and dependent flexible spending accounts
Protect your nest egg. Our benefits make it easy.
- Basic life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Elective additional life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Elective spouse and dependent life insurance
- Short-term disability coverage with optional buy-up plan
- Basic long-term disability insurance with optional buy-up coverage
- Worker’s compensation insurance
- Vacation time
- Paid sick leave
- Paid holidays
Keep training. Keep learning. We’ll help.
- Take advantage of on-site training programs to increase and refine skills.
- Leadership development courses help accelerate your advancement potential.
- Tuition reimbursement for qualifying educational programs can help you achieve your career goals faster – on our dime.
Extras. Because we care.
- Scholarship programs
- Healthcare discounts
- Employee assistance program
- Auto, home, and personal property insurance options
- Featured Review
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at Airgas full-time (More than a year)RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEORecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Entrepreneurial feel, Fortune 500 backing, diverse product portfolio and service line offerings, as well as great career development and internal promotion opportunity.
None that I can think of.
Advice to Management
Keep doing what you are doing in shifting with the times and developing/rolling out new strategies/technologies.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Helpful (1)Declined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Airgas.
Very in depth, informative, and overall a good experience. The interview took place via phone initially then for the second phase was at a local branch. After the interview a tour of the facility was given to help understand their processes and what occurs behind the scenes. The people we friendly and seem to have a great company culture.
- Many various questions in regards to professional experience to personal experiences. Answer Question
- Airgas update30+ days ago
- Airgas update30+ days ago
Airgas, Inc. (NYSE: ARG), through its subsidiaries, is one of the nation's leading suppliers of industrial, medical and specialty gases, and hardgoods, such as welding equipment and related products. Airgas is a leading U.S. producer of atmospheric gases with 16 air separation plants, a leading producer of carbon dioxide, dry ice, and nitrous oxide, one of the largest U.S...
Mission: Airgas is a company of hard-working men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed. When a challenge arises, we provide the right solutions, leveraging our...