- American Family Insurance update4 days ago
Meet the IT management team and learn about our IT opportunities at our IT Career Fair on 4/29: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vI64A.
At American Family Insurance, we’ve made it our mission to inspire, protect and restore dreams – for our customers, the communities we serve, and the outstanding employees and agents who support those groups every day.
We truly believe your dream is the most valuable thing you’ll ever own, because it shows who you can become. And when you dream fearlessly, you find yourself feeling happier, healthier and enjoying a richer life.
If your dream is to further your career – to apply your skills and knowledge at an organization that values hard work, innovation and a collaborative environment – we want to hear from you today.
Building on our dream: We got our start in 1927, and are now the nation's third-largest mutual property/casualty insurance company, ranking 373 on the Fortune 500 list*. Our products – auto, homeowners, life, business and farm/ranch insurance – are available exclusively through agents in 19 states. Additionally, our affiliates (The General, Homesite and AssureStart) provide options for consumers who want to manage their insurance matters directly over the Internet or by phone.
*FORTUNE 500® is a registered trademark of Time, Inc.
American Family understands that everyone has dreams, both on the job and when away from work. Our culture helps employees find balance so they can pursue both professional and personal goals. We do this through company sponsored training, a tuition reimbursement program, flexible work schedules and numerous other initiatives geared toward achieving your dreams.
By making the best use of all resources – energy, paper, water, etc. – American Family is protecting people, the environment and our policyholders’ premiums, as well as the many individual dreams made possible by such efficiency practices. Here are just some of the steps we've taken.
- All of our owned facilities are ENERGY STAR rated, and several of our larger facilities have attained the prestigious ENERGY STAR certification.
- We have implemented more than 50 energy saving solutions that, combined, are reducing greenhouse gas emissions by the equivalent of 1,000 metric tons of carbon dioxide a year.
- Through private equity funds, we invest in clean technology companies from a broad range of sectors, including alternative energy, energy conservation, waste management, clean water and pollution reduction.
American Family Insurance Photos
- Featured Review
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at American Family Insurance as an intern (Less than a year)RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEORecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
- Great company resources, freedom, and perks.
- Tight-knit company culture; amazing personalities & backgrounds to work with.
- Lots of independence with how you want to formulate your internship experience.
- An overall positive, encouraging atmosphere/environment.
- To gain valuable/marketable experience, you must definitely challenge yourself and figure out what you want to do. It's a fairly laid-back work environment, so nobody is going to grill you every day, so you should push yourself to make the most of it.
- Work can be repetitive & petty if you don't pioneer your own project initiatives.
Advice to Management
Management has changed since I worked there, but the first Dream Bank manager was absolutely AMAZING during my internship. She is an overall very kind, fun, driven person and I learned a lot from her that has continued to help me in my career. Couldn't have asked for better!
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at American Family Insurance.
Applied for the job online in a fairly simple process. Within a few days I was emailed by a recruiter requesting a phone interview. During the phone interview she asked me to take a typing test. The phone interview was quick and mostly her telling me about the job. I made a point to take as many notes as possible. She asked a few typical behavioral questions and informed me of the next steps in the process. A few more days had passed when I received an email from another recruiter to schedule an in-person interview. At the in-person interview, which I was told would last an hour, I was interviewed and asked all the run of the mill questions and none of it was difficult. I was told I would hear back by the end of the week.
- If you have ever interviewed for a call center job none of the questions will be difficult. A lot of the same question being asked in different ways so heads up on being honest Answer Question
I was satisfied with what they offered so I didn't negotiate.
For more than 80 years, American Family Insurance has given its customers peace of mind by making their insurance experience easy and convenient. Our caring agents strive hard to meet customers' unique needs by offering just the right mix of American Family's auto, home, life, umbrella, business, health, and farm & ranch insurance, as well as retirement products. Located...
Mission: To be the most trusted and valued customer-driven insurance company