We’re looking for compassionate, hardworking individuals who are ready to provide outstanding customer service, learn, grow and succeed. Our organization offers excellent training, a satisfying work-life balance and a warm, friendly corporate culture.
Our world of insurance is changing and growing. New products, new markets and new technology have energized and strengthened this already solid industry, attracting talented and ambitious people eager to build lasting careers – people like you.
We have locations across the country where you can be part of this dynamic field. You’ll experience the challenges of a constantly evolving industry and the stability of a privately held, customer-owned, award-winning company.
At Amica, we believe our employees do their best work when they feel engaged and supported – both personally and professionally. Here is a snapshot of what we offer – more information can be found on Amica.com/careers.
Our benefits package includes high-quality health care coverage, company-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, group legal insurance and group life insurance.
We reward our employees with a compensation package that includes competitive base pay, an annual pay-for-performance merit increase program, a success sharing program and more.
Our retirement package includes a (401)k savings plan with a generous company match and a company-paid pension plan.
Amica’s regular workweek is 37.5 hours for most employees. Amica provides competitive company-paid time off, including vacation, holiday pay and sick pay.
Amica offers many wellness programs, including reimbursements for Weight Watchers and fitness center memberships, as well as a premium reduction program.
Employees are recognized with service awards after achieving their first-, third- and fifth-year service milestones, and then every five years thereafter.
The Future Leaders Program provides an incredible opportunity for Associate Adjusters and Associate Account Managers to learn about all that Amica has to offer and establish a solid career foundation. Amica’s goal is to hire and develop the future leaders of our company through our entry-level management positions in Claims and Sales and Client Services.
Your career at Amica begins with a paid seven-week training program at our corporate headquarters in Lincoln, RI. We provide our employees with the training they need to feel equipped and empowered to give our customers the best possible service. In addition, you’ll take away the management skills necessary to supervise and lead a team.
During your training you will:
- Learn about our company culture and focus on customer service
- Work side by side with current employees and trainers to learn new skills
- Network with Amica’s leadership team and your fellow adjusters and account managers
- Participate in presentations and discussions facilitated by executives of the company
- Become immersed in our culture and learn what makes Amica a great place to work
Amica supports a work environment that makes all employees feel valued, respected and able to fully contribute. We feel each employee brings new, innovative ideas to our company and broadens our perspectives. At Amica, diversity is not just about how we are different but also how we are similar.
Throughout the year, we have events to recognize and celebrate diversity both inside and outside of our organization.
Here are a few characteristics of diversity at Amica:
- We feel a diverse workforce allows us to understand and respond to the needs of our increasingly diverse customer base.
- Individuals in each our of branch office are part of our diversity team, helping to spread the word to our employees across the country.
- Amica actively seeks job applicants from diverse candidate pools, as we know that employees from diverse backgrounds have contributed to the success of our company throughout our long history.
We are committed to giving back to the community by providing grants, matching gifts and sponsorships of various events. Our employees are encouraged to contribute by donating to their favorite charities or volunteering in their communities.
We offer the following programs:
- Employee Community Involvement Program – Financial gifts are provided in the employees’ names to the nonprofit groups they support.
- Matching Gift Fund – A yearly-changed match, up to $1,000, is given for employee donations to certain types of organizations.
- Amica Gives Program – As volunteers, employees have the opportunity to represent the company at a variety of sponsorship events throughout the year.
- Amica Volunteer Day Program – Employees can spend a work day volunteering for a qualified organization.
- Amica Companies Foundation – This foundation funds the company’s charitable endeavors, which range from supporting local nonprofit charities to providing emergency relief after natural disasters.
- I Care Day – Employees receive one vacation day a year by pledging to donate to a charitable organization through payroll deduction.
Amica Mutual Photos
- Featured Review
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at Amica Mutual full-time (More than 3 years)
Great company culture that focuses on customer service both internally and externally. High level executives are very accessible and interact with other employees of lower levels. Managers seem to truly want you to excel and have your best interest in mind.
Kind of "old school" in that it is every conservative. Not necessarily a bad thing, just something that some people might find less desirable than a newer, wear-jeans-to-work everyday type company.
Advice to Management
Work in enhancing communication between high-level managers and front line employees
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amica Mutual (Lincoln, RI) in March 2015.
Process was very smooth; three interviews with three different accounting managers about 20 minutes each, all within the same session. Standard questions with a mix of general and behavioral. Heard back within two weeks
- Why did you choose to pursue accounting? Answer Question
Amica Mutual Insurance Company was founded in 1907 and is based in Lincoln, RI. Our customers are our number one priority and we are nationally recognized as a leader in customer service. We credit this success to our 3,300 employees in 40 offices across the country. Our company is a national writer of auto, homeowners, marine and umbrella insurance. Since we are a mutual ...
Mission: Our mission is to create peace of mind and build enduring relationships.