Since 1981, Analysis Group has provided outstanding client service to North America’s top law firms, Fortune 100 companies, and government agencies. Our work is grounded in the principles and practices of economic analysis – whether we are conducting quantitative assessments related to litigation, assessing cost of illness as part of health outcomes research, or developing models for use in corporate strategic planning.
- We work on a range of cases, across multiple industries and practices.
- We work with an extensive network of industry authorities and academics.
- We work collaboratively across 11 offices in the United States, Canada, and China.
Our culture – equally focused on academic rigor and client service – ensures that our clients receive practical solutions to some of their toughest business and litigation problems, and that our employees can succeed in an environment that fosters personal learning and professional development.
Our clients are leading law firms and Fortune 100 companies representing diverse industries and facing compelling business challenges. For more than 30 years, we have worked on many high-profile engagements across a range of disciplines, including large-scale antitrust and securities class actions, intellectual property disputes, and valuations of multibillion-dollar investments.We assist law firms and businesses with:
- Pretrial discovery (helping to gather and analyze evidence)
- Development of economic and financial models
- Preparation of testimony
- Critiques of opposing experts’ analyses
- Risk assessments
- Cost-benefit analyses
- Industry and market analyses
- Development of growth strategies
- Outcomes research
Our dual focus on academic rigor and client service, and our commitment to teamwork, ensure that our clients receive practical, tangible solutions to some of their toughest business and litigation problems.
Since its founding, the firm has emphasized an ongoing commitment to career development and to maintaining a collegial work environment in which individual growth opportunities are encouraged and supported.
At Analysis Group, you can:
- Work with the nation’s leading academic and industry experts to analyze and address challenging litigation and business problems.
- Collaborate with professionals across all the firm’s various practice areas (ranging from Antitrust to Valuation) to broaden your expertise.
- Receive thoughtful, comprehensive mentoring and coaching from colleagues. As CEO Martha S. Samuelson noted in a New York Times interview, “One of the greatest mistakes people make with mentors it they try to snow them,” instead of asking for help. At Analysis Group, employees are encouraged to “find somebody you like and figure out how to make it safe and comfortable for [them] to help you.”
Members of our diverse professional team hail from more than 35 countries and speak 40 languages. Our common bond is a distinctive combination of intellectual rigor, superior quantitative skills, a practical outlook, and a collaborative style.
"While many firms talk about development, I think Analysis Group walks the walk. The senior people really feel that they don't succeed unless they help younger consultants grow."
– Vault.com Survey
For those junior-level employees (analysts and associates) seeking a long-term career with Analysis Group, we require a commitment to completing a course of graduate study. To that end, we provide multidimensional support for analysts who plan to apply to graduate school. This support encompasses group workshops and individualized assistance with applications, as well as access to other resources, information, and advice.
Many former analysts return to Analysis Group as associates after completing top graduate programs.
Analysis Group Photos
RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at Analysis Group (More than 10 years)
If you want to do economics consulting, Analysis Group is the best place to do it. Every serious firm in this business claims to have the smartest employees and most accomplished academics. It is hard to establish that truth unambiguously. But what truly sets AG apart is the enormous investment by the senior people in the careers of less seasoned colleagues.
Economics consulting is not for everyone. It requires a breadth of analytical capability, facility with a range of interpersonal experiences, adeptness in managing people and deadlines, and a love of constant learning overlaid on tenacious examination of challenging issues in great detail. For me, this is the perfect place to be professionally. But for some, various aspects of that list of job requirements does not square with their preferences or strengths.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Boston, MA).
An on-campus first-round (half-hour, two on one), followed by a "super day" at the office (4-5 half-hour interviews plus lunch which is meant for you to relax and get to know other analysts better). Very different from a managing consulting interview - no lengthy cases, but they want to see how you think.
- Typical behavioral questions, research experience, handling data, situational mini-cases. Answer Question