#1 Best Place to Work -DC
All businesses have one thing in common. They’re all different. Different plans. Different processes. Different cultures. Appian makes companies better at being different.
Appian is a very different kind of software company. We began fifteen years ago with the shared vision of four friends to create an institution devoted to innovation -- not with a business plan and a pile of borrowed money. Today our team is over four hundred strong, we're fast-growing and pre-IPO like a start-up combined with the stability of a long track-record of business success.
We have a saying at Appian, “the best idea wins.” It means every voice is heard. It means we work collaboratively in small, agile teams. It means talented people eager to help each other succeed.
We only make one product at Appian, one product with endless possibilities -- the Appian App Platform. Appian technology lets people build and improve enterprise cloud and mobile apps without code. Every new innovation we create goes into making the App Platform faster and easier to use for our ever-growing audience of millions of users in many industries.
We build the App Platform in our modern offices right outside of Washington, D.C. in the Reston Town Center and support it with our expert consulting, support, and sales teams around the country and around the world.
And yes, we're hiring! See more at: www.appianjobs.com
Be part of something amazing. At Appian, we know that every single employee is our competitive advantage and the key to our success. We also know that every small idea holds great opportunities. This is why we always strive to create a team-oriented working environment that encourages high performance, productivity, consideration, rewarding career development, and work-life balance. Appian doesn't just feel like a small company, it is a rapidly growing, small company, with unlimited opportunity. You will impact the organization through exposure and contribution to all aspects of the business -- from technology and professional services to leadership and sales. If you are looking for a rewarding career, where innovation is paramount and possibilities are endless, we encourage you to submit your resume today!
We are committed to keeping our employees healthy and happy – both at work and away from it! In fact, Appian has been recognized repeatedly by the Washington Business Journal and Indeed.com as one of the "Best Places to Work in the Greater DC Area." We’re constantly seeking new ways to both reward and meet the evolving needs of our teams. Below are some highlights of our current offerings:
For your Health.
- Comprehensive, premium benefits packages for you and your family including health, dental, vision, company paid Long term disability, company paid Group Term Life insurance and additional voluntary benefits including: Short term disability, Flexible Spending accounts, and voluntary life insurance.
- 401k retirement savings program administered by John Hancock with online access to monitor your investment portfolio.
- Generous paid time off that increases with your time at Appian, as well as paid holidays.
- Having a baby? For new moms and dads, Appian provides additional paid time off for you to enjoy your newest family member.
For your Mind.
- APPIAN ACADEMY - a three-week technical training program for new employees so you can be hands on with our software within your first weeks at the company. Not for the faint of heart, this is an intense three weeks that will bond you to your fellow new hires, give you a great foundation for your career at Appian, and provide you with the perfect opportunity to showcase all the skills you're bringing to the company!
- INDIE TIME - every two weeks, our engineers are given a day to work on exciting projects of their choosing. Ever come up with a cool idea and wish you had time to explore it? At Appian, you will!
- OFFSITE QUARTERLY MEETINGS to share highlights and milestones from each department, cast vision for the next quarter, and celebrate employees that have gone above and beyond.
- QUARTERLY AWARDS - in addition to being recognized at the Quarterly meeting, winners are given unique cash rewards and discretionary stock options. (some recent gifts included: a trip to Las Vegas, a home gym, international airfare...)
- LUNCH AND LEARN EVENTS - some recent topics included a series of photography workshops, a car buying seminar and an investment 101 workshop. Appian also hosts a regular Toastmasters chapter.
For your Enjoyment.
- We love to gather! Recent outings include a movie night in Reston Town Center, an impromptu happy hour at our company HQ, annual Appian Retreat with families at the lovely Wintergreen Resort, and more!
- Wide variety of complimentary gourmet beverages.
- Free gym access. Have a gym or favorite class already? No problem, employees are given a monthly gym stipend to spend as you choose.
- Happy Hours - offsite after each quarterly meeting, and other times, just because!
- Employee athletic teams: longtime teams include the Appian Sox Softball team, Appian Basketball, Cycling and Marathon/Triathalon/IronMan training teams, and Appian Soccer team.
At Appian, you’ll be immersed in an engineering culture that deeply values your success, the success of your team, and the success of our customers. We go the extra mile to ensure that you have the tools and knowledge you need to excel and we constantly look for new and better ways to organize, communicate, and deliver value. Join us, and be a part of something truly special. Already interviewing with us?? Check out our tips and tricks for a successful interview at Appian: http://www.appian.com/about/careers/engineering/
Whether you’re looking for an inside sales role or a field sales opportunity, Appian offers the best for our team: a dynamic environment, uncapped earning potential, and the opportunity for professional growth through hands-on training, mentoring, and continuous product education for our industry leading software. We offer a cutting-edge product and have redefined traditional BPM by incorporating social media, mobile devices, cloud technologies, and big data into our product suite.
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at Appian full-time (More than 3 years)RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEORecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
-Amazingly intelligent people to work with and learn from
-Plenty of opportunity for stretch roles to grow your own skills
-Great perks including sporting tickets, movie premiers, free food and drinks, and awesome location in Reston Town Center
-You need to love a challenge, they'll put you to work from day one. You need to bring your A-game day in and day out
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Appian.
Was extended a phone interview that took about 25-30 minutes. Interviewer was pleasant but did not seem interested in hearing about my experience in relation to the position and interrupted me frequently during my responses.
- Where do you see your career in five years? Answer Question
Appian makes companies better at being different.
Appian is a very different kind of software company. We began 15 years ago with the shared vision of four friends to create an institution devoted to innovation. Today our team is over five hundred strong, we're fast-growing and pre-IPO like a start-up combined with the stability of a long track-record of business success...
Mission: There is a new way – better and faster – to deliver innovative business applications that improve decision-making, mobilize key data and processes, and unite business...