All businesses have one thing in common. They’re all different. Different plans. Different processes. Different cultures. Appian makes companies better at being different.
Appian is a very different kind of software company. We began fifteen years ago with the shared vision of four friends to create an institution devoted to innovation -- not with a business plan and a pile of borrowed money. Today our team is over four hundred strong, we're fast-growing and pre-IPO like a start-up combined with the stability of a long track-record of business success.
We have a saying at Appian, “the best idea wins.” It means every voice is heard. It means we work collaboratively in small, agile teams. It means talented people eager to help each other succeed.
We only make one product at Appian, one product with endless possibilities -- the Appian App Platform. Appian technology lets people build and improve enterprise cloud and mobile apps without code. Every new innovation we create goes into making the App Platform faster and easier to use for our ever-growing audience of millions of users in many industries.
We build the App Platform in our modern offices right outside of Washington, D.C. in the Reston Town Center and support it with our expert consulting, support, and sales teams around the country and around the world.
And yes, we're hiring! See more at: www.appianjobs.com
Be part of something amazing. At Appian, we believe in the power of Cloud, Mobile, Social BPM technology to transform business, government, and society. Today, over 3.4 million users at over 400 customers collaborate, improve, and execute their business strategy on Appian's award-winning BPM platform. Appian's success is attributed to our ability to bring out the very best in our employees. Appian is a place where you can use your talents to accomplish extraordinary things. You want your voice to be heard, an opportunity to make a difference. Appian doesn't just feel like a small company, it is a rapidly growing, small company, with unlimited opportunity. You will impact the organization through exposure and contribution to all aspects of the business -- from technology and professional services to leadership and sales. If you are looking for a rewarding career, where innovation is paramount and possibilities are endless, we encourage you to submit your resume today!
We are committed to keeping our employees healthy and happy – both at work and away from it! In fact, Appian has been recognized repeatedly by the Washington Business Journal as one of the "Best Places to Work in the Greater DC Area." We’re constantly seeking new ways to both reward and meet the evolving needs of our workforce. Below are some highlights of our current offerings:
For your Health.
- Comprehensive, premium benefits packages for you and your family including health, dental, vision, company paid Long term disability, company paid Group Term Life insurance and additional voluntary benefits including: Short term disability, Flexible Spending accounts, and voluntary life insurance.
- 401k retirement savings program administered by John Hancock with online access to monitor your investment portfolio.
- Generous paid time off that increases with your time at Appian, as well as paid holidays.
- Having a baby? For new moms and dads, Appian provides additional paid time off for you to enjoy your newest family member.
For your Mind.
- APPIAN ACADEMY - a two-week technical training program for new employees so you can be hands on with our software within your first week at the company. Not for the faint of heart, this is an intense two weeks that will bond you to your fellow new hires, give you a great foundation for your career at Appian, and provide you with the perfect opportunity to showcase all the skills you're bringing to the company!
- INDIE TIME - every two weeks, our engineers are given a day to work on exciting projects of their choosing. Ever come up with a cool idea and wish you had time to explore it? At Appian, you will!
- OFFSITE QUARTERLY MEETINGS to share highlights and milestones from each department, cast vision for the next quarter, and celebrate employees that have gone above and beyond.
- QUARTERLY AWARDS - in addition to being recognized at the Quarterly meeting, winners are given unique cash rewards and discretionary stock options. (some recent gifts included: a trip to Las Vegas, a home gym, international airfare...)
- LUNCH AND LEARN EVENTS - some recent topics included a series of photography workshops, a car buying seminar and an investment 101 workshop. Appian also hosts a regular Toastmasters chapter.
For your Enjoyment.
- We love to gather! Recent outings include a movie night in Reston Town Center, an impromptu happy hour at our company HQ, Dave and Busters team outing and a shuttled wine tasting tour.
- Wide variety of complimentary gourmet beverages.
- Free gym access. Have a gym or favorite class already? No problem, employees are given a monthly gym stipend to spend as you choose.
- Happy Hours - offsite after each quarterly meeting, and other times, just because!
- Employee athletic teams: longtime teams include the Appian Sox Softball team and Appian Soccer team.
1 person found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Appian as an intern (less than a year)Pros
They have an interesting product and provide the chance for you to work with many smart, highly motivated people. Interns make actual contributions to the product and are compensated accordingly.Cons
It did seem like many of the full-time employees were under pressure to put in long hours, but this obviously wasn't an issue as an internRecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied through college or university – interviewed at Appian.Interview Details
5 interviews. what are some metrics we should be looking at for a company that sells shoes. Other interviews were behavioral in nature. Why do you want to work here? How will your background help you be successful in this job? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? They asked about time management skills and how I approach problem solving.Interview Questions
Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
- what are some metrics we should be looking at for a company that sells shoes. Other interviews were behavioral in nature. Why do you want to work here? How will your background help you be successful in this job? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? They asked about time management skills and how I approach problem solving. Answer Question
Appian makes companies better at being different.
Appian is a very different kind of software company. We began fifteen years ago with the shared vision of four friends to create an institution devoted to innovation. Today our team is over four hundred strong, we're fast-growing and pre-IPO like a start-up combined with the stability of a long track-record of business...
Mission: There is a new way – better and faster – to deliver innovative business applications that improve decision-making, mobilize key data and processes, and unite business...