Appirio is a global services company that uses crowdsourcing and cloud, social and mobile technology to help enterprises dramatically improve the way they do business.
Since 2006, Appirio has been helping companies power their business with the cloud. Our technology expertise, combined with a deep understanding of how people work, has enabled hundreds of companies and millions of people transform relationships with their customers, partners and workforce. We have become a trusted advisor to some of the world’s largest and most innovative companies, and are a strategic partner of cloud pioneers like salesforce.com, Google, Workday and Cornerstone OnDemand.
As a company, we pride ourselves on our fun, innovative and collaborative culture and our ability to deliver business value, fast. We are a team that is passionate about what we do – whether that’s improving individual processes or reshaping entire industries.
- Headquartered in San Francisco, California
- Offices in the U.K., Ireland, India, and Japan
- Almost 600,000 designers, developers and data analytics experts in our topcoder communitiy
- 1,000+ cloud experts around the world
- 700+ satisfied enterprise customers
- Named "Best Coud Consultancy or Systems Integrator" for the Cloud Awards 2013-2014 http://bit.ly/
- Backed by General Atlantic, Sequoia Capital and GGV Capital
Build your career at Appirio
Appirio is an exciting place to cultivate your career. We are at the heart of the cloud computing movement—partnering with pioneers in the space and advising leading enterprises on how the cloud can power their business.
What you can expect from us
We offer employees the opportunity to work with industry leaders, the latest and greatest technology, and some of the most forward–thinking customers in the world. Appirio provides an environment that rewards innovation, is rich in resources and respects the incredibly talented team we’ve built over the last five years.
What are we looking for in our team
Appirio searches for employees who are intelligent, confident and who can master a broad spectrum of skills. Integrity, trust and the ability to balance hard work and fun are essential to Appirio’s unique culture and we are looking for these traits in those we hire. We hold our employees in the highest esteem and our company to a high standard. We are very proud to have been nominated as one of the “Bay Area’s Best Places to Work” for the second year in a row by our employees. Watch videos from our employees to hear their first–person accounts of working at Appirio.
Cultural atmosphere at Appirio
From the foosball table to the conference room, culture at Appirio is friendly, fun and fueled by passion. Amicable personalities combined with intelligence and expertise produce a cooperative, supportive and inspirational environment throughout Appirio. Providing a comfortable and accommodating place to work is a top priority. Appirio’s culture advocates balancing work and family, and encourages employees to live well–rounded and full lives.
Here at Appirio we value the well being of our employees and their families, which is why we offer an extensive benefit program to best suit your needs. Our top priority is to have our employees as healthy, strong and energetic as possible, as they are the driving force behind our company. Therefore, we are proud to offer the following benefits:
- Time off Programs
- Health, Dental, and Vision Programs
- 401(k) plan
- Gym Membership stipend
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Employee Referral Program
Appirio Silver Lining
Appirio’s Silver Lining Program was created to mobilize our employees in making a measurable impact on the communities where they work and live.
Appirio’s Silver Lining Program was created to mobilize our employees in making a measurable impact on the communities where they work and live. Inspired in part by community benefit programs created by partners like Salesforce and Google, the Silver Lining was launched in 2010 through the passion of our employees who have made giving back part of their personal and professional lives.
Our mission is to use the company’s time, talents and technology for the social good. We support this mission through three initiatives:
- Pro–bono professional services to support the adoption of cloud technologies in select non–profits
- Company sponsored group volunteer activities including quarterly corporate events and ongoing regional events
- Paid time off each year for employees to pursue their own personal volunteer activities
Since the program’s inception, Appirio has contributed over 8,500 hours of community and pro–bono services and has provided over $230,000 in cash and product donations to charitable causes through the Silver Lining.
People want to work with and for companies that believe in something. This is what we believe:
- Cloud computing is the future, and not just for IT. Cloud solutions and the new business models, processes and behaviors they enable can make companies significantly more innovative, effective, agile and responsive.
- There will always be a better way of doing something. This belief permeates who we are, how we deliver and where we invest. The creation of our Cloud Enablement Suite and our use of crowdsourcing in projects are just a few examples of how we live this belief every day.
- Technology solutions should be focused on the user. The best piece of technology is worthless if it’s not used, which is why we work with customers to think through both the technical and the people aspects of any project.
- You shouldn’t sell what you don’t use yourself. Why would a customer want a partner that didn’t have first-hand knowledge of the technologies they were selling or implementing? We run our business entirely in the cloud and on the solutions that we deliver to customers.
- Culture is everything. When you set out to build a company bent on disrupting a $3 trillion industry, you need a team that feels as passionately about the goal as you. We spend a disproportionate amount of time making sure we hire the right people and foster a culture focused on customers, team and fun.
3 people found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Appirio full-time (more than an year)Pros
Fun and innovative work culture. They do a great job keeping remote workers connected and maintaining a small business culture even among their rapid growth. C-level professionals are very transparent. Internal resources and applications are efficient, low-drag and plentiful. HR policies are fair and supervisors are flexible. Not a lot of management layers which allows for work to be efficient and less red tape in getting things done. Internal personnel are intelligent and a large pool of people to learn from. Career development is valued and encouraged for all employees.Cons
Because of the nature of the positions, travel can be rigorous at times although the company does stress work-life balance and encourages people to speak up if burn out is settings in.RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Interview Details
This process was primarily targeted at recruiting college graduates for the ascend program. There was one phone screening, two phone interviews, followed by an on-site day with four interviews and one group question and answer session.Interview Questions
- Technical questions required no coding and primarily focused on knowledge of programming languages and design patterns. Answer Question
Appirio is a global services provider who uses crowdsourcing and cloud, social and mobile technology to help enterprises reimagine their business and become more agile. Appirio brings together technology expertise with a deep understanding of the way people work, and the development, design and analytics skills of a 600,000 person global crowdsourcing community . Appirio has worked with more than 700 enterprises, including organizations like Facebook, Intuit, Japan Post Network, L'Oreal, McGraw-Hill, NetApp, The Four Seasons, and Virgin America. The company is backed by...