APT’s products employ patented algorithms and workflow to design and interpret business experiments that evaluate, target, and refine proposed business programs. Many of the world's largest and most successful organizations license APT's cloud-based software.
We work hard and we like to play hard too, and we strive to create an environment where people thrive professionally and have fun at the same time. Here's a few elements of Life at APT:
Our hackathons bring our employees together to solve the most difficult computational and engineering challenges facing Big Data analytics in just 24 hours. Twice a year, participants accross engineering, consulting, product management, data management, and marketing stay up all night and day, working in teams to solve unique problems and build innovative solutions. We have tons of fun in the process with photo booths, nerf gun wars, and unlimited pizza and ice cream.
Data dives are a great way for us at APT to help the community by leveraging our unique skill-sets to solve problems faced by non-profits and public organizations. Recently, we partnered with Capital Area Food Bank (CAFB), the largest hub for food sourcing and distribution for those struggling with hunger in the Washington metro area. The project focused on two key questions:
- How can we map and optimize distribution to best match hunger and food insecurity across the Washington metro area?
- How can we optimize purchasing decisions over time by core food category?
These findings were presented to CAFB in an interactive session and APT and CAFB discussed how these findings and models can be put to best use by the CAFB team in the future. To read more about what we found, click here!
There's not really a dresscode at APT, and employees express themselves as individuals in many different ways. Engineers are often found wearing jeans and a T-shirt with an inside joke about coding (Hello World.). Our CTO wears Hawaiian shirts on Fridays, while some employees wear bowties. Others prefer the typical polo and khakis. For Halloween, APTer's dress up like other APTers, or get creative with server names!
APT provides a range of valuable perks - from full health coverage and work life balance options to fully stocked kitchens and game rooms, there is something that everyone can get excited about!
There’s generally an endless supply of free food and catered lunches. We have sponsored lunches with mentors, advisees, and other senior leadership to encourage advising. Our health insurance is fully paid for employees and significant others too (including same-sex partners). APT has a strong support group for LGBT employees (OUT@APT) and actively works to enhance and promote diversity. APT supports a Health & Wellness stipend, which pays for monthly gym memberships, spa packages, recreational sports dues, bike maintenance, or race entrees. We also have a state-of-the art video game and foosball facility, tons of swag, and of course company iPhones!
Here are some of the other benefits that we offer:
• Generous Vacation & Sick Leave
• 6 week Sabbatical every 6 years
• iPhone upon signing along with payment of ongoing service according to APT’s cell phone policy
• Company paid short term and long term life insurance
• Healthy lifestyle benefit ($50/month) for use of gym/fitness
• Flexible spending accounts for Health, Dependant, and Transportation costs
• Work/life balance programs, including work from home and part time options
• Lots of free food (breakfasts / lunches / snacks / dinner comped if you work past 8pm)
• Gameroom with foosbol, ping pong, Xbox, live streaming of World Cup games, March Madness
APT enables leaders to make better, fact-based decisions, faster and more efficiently, creating large-scale, lasting value through Test & LearnTM technology.
In support of this mission, we are committed to:
- Developing and harnessing breakthrough technology and intellectual capital
- Building and growing trust-based relationships
- Attracting and developing the world’s top talent with a passion for what we do
- Achieving world leadership in Test & LearnTM
These qualities make us distinctive:
- Client Focus - Our clients come first; their success is our success.
- Agility - Our people move quickly, tackling today’s problems, while building lasting solutions.
- Will to Win - Our ambitions are global, and we are committed to achieving them.
- "Make it Happen" Mentality - Our challenges are daunting, but we surmount obstacles and together redefine what’s possible.
Applied Predictive Technologies Photos
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at Applied Predictive Technologies full-timeRecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEORecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Great work environment and mentorship
Company is very invested in your success
Long hours at times and tight deadlines can be stressful especially with travel thrown in
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person – interviewed at Applied Predictive Technologies (Washington, DC) in April 2015.
I am an experienced hire, so the process consisted of phone interviews for the first round - one with someone from HR then with someone from Consulting. After passing that round, the second round consisted of in-person interviews in the office. There were two back-to-back interviews (but each was one on one).
APT is a leading cloud-based analytics software company that enables organizations to rapidly and precisely measure cause-and-effect relationships between business initiatives and outcomes to generate economic value. Our intuitive and proprietary Test & Learn® software utilizes sophisticated algorithms to analyze large amounts of data, enabling business leaders to conduct experiments and allowing them to make optimal decisions and implement business initiatives. We also offer products that support decision-making for specific business needs including transaction analysis...