APT’s products employ patented algorithms and workflow to design and interpret business experiments that evaluate, target, and refine proposed business programs. Many of the world's largest and most successful organizations license APT's cloud-based software.
We work hard and we like to play hard too, and we strive to create an environment where people thrive professionally and have fun at the same time. Here's a few elements of Life at APT:
Our hackathons bring our employees together to solve the most difficult computational and engineering challenges facing Big Data analytics in just 24 hours. Twice a year, participants accross engineering, consulting, product management, data management, and marketing stay up all night and day, working in teams to solve unique problems and build innovative solutions. We have tons of fun in the process with photo booths, nerf gun wars, and unlimited pizza and ice cream.
Data dives are a great way for us at APT to help the community by leveraging our unique skill-sets to solve problems faced by non-profits and public organizations. Recently, we partnered with Capital Area Food Bank (CAFB), the largest hub for food sourcing and distribution for those struggling with hunger in the Washington metro area. The project focused on two key questions:
- How can we map and optimize distribution to best match hunger and food insecurity across the Washington metro area?
- How can we optimize purchasing decisions over time by core food category?
These findings were presented to CAFB in an interactive session and APT and CAFB discussed how these findings and models can be put to best use by the CAFB team in the future. To read more about what we found, click here!
There's not really a dresscode at APT, and employees express themselves as individuals in many different ways. Engineers are often found wearing jeans and a T-shirt with an inside joke about coding (Hello World.). Our CTO wears Hawaiian shirts on Fridays, while some employees wear bowties. Others prefer the typical polo and khakis. For Halloween, APTer's dress up like other APTers, or get creative with server names!
APT provides a range of valuable perks - from full health coverage and work life balance options to fully stocked kitchens and game rooms, there is something that everyone can get excited about!
There’s generally an endless supply of free food and catered lunches. We have sponsored lunches with mentors, advisees, and other senior leadership to encourage advising. Our health insurance is fully paid for employees and significant others too (including same-sex partners). APT has a strong support group for LGBT employees (OUT@APT) and actively works to enhance and promote diversity. APT supports a Health & Wellness stipend, which pays for monthly gym memberships, spa packages, recreational sports dues, bike maintenance, or race entrees. We also have a state-of-the art video game and foosball facility, tons of swag, and of course company iPhones!
Here are some of the other benefits that we offer:
• Generous Vacation & Sick Leave
• 6 week Sabbatical every 6 years
• Stock Options
• iPhone upon signing along with payment of ongoing service according to APT’s cell phone policy
• 100% of health and dental premiums paid for, for employees and dependents
• Company paid short term and long term life insurance
• Healthy lifestyle benefit ($50/month) for use of gym/fitness
• Flexible spending accounts for Health, Dependant, and Transportation costs
• Work/life balance programs, including work from home and part time options
• Lots of free food (breakfasts / lunches / snacks / dinner comped if you work past 8pm)
• Gameroom with foosbol, ping pong, Xbox, live streaming of World Cup games, March Madness
APT enables leaders to make better, fact-based decisions, faster and more efficiently, creating large-scale, lasting value through Test & LearnTM technology.
In support of this mission, we are committed to:
- Developing and harnessing breakthrough technology and intellectual capital
- Building and growing trust-based relationships
- Attracting and developing the world’s top talent with a passion for what we do
- Achieving world leadership in Test & LearnTM
These qualities make us distinctive:
- Client Focus - Our clients come first; their success is our success.
- Agility - Our people move quickly, tackling today’s problems, while building lasting solutions.
- Will to Win - Our ambitions are global, and we are committed to achieving them.
- "Make it Happen" Mentality - Our challenges are daunting, but we surmount obstacles and together redefine what’s possible.
Applied Predictive Technologies Photos
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Applied Predictive TechnologiesPros
Diverse clients, freedom to work on variety of technologies, exceptional peers, lot of growth opportunitiesCons
With growth comes rules and restrictions which takes away fun of working for small companyAdvice to ManagementAdvice
Try harder to preserve the small company cultureRecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Applied Predictive Technologies.Interview Details
First round was a 45-min phone interview with a director from the database team. Was asked a market sizing question and some fit questions. Turnaround was very fast - just under an hour. Final rounds were in their VA office, with 4 45-minute interviews, a lunch with current employees, and some presentations from the staff about the culture, work, and the internship experience. Each candidate received an "interview buddy," whose job was to answer any questions. My buddy was very friendly and gave a lot of elaboration on his answers to my questions. The interviews themselves were very similar to the first round interview, with a focus on cases and market sizing questions, but a couple of SQL questions. The interview was on a Friday and I heard back on Monday. Overall the process was very smooth!Interview Questions
Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
- Estimate the number of products a grocery chain sells in a year Answer Question
Applied Predictive Technologies (APT) is the world’s largest purely cloud-based predictive analytics software company. APT’s software solutions are revolutionizing the way leading companies harness their Big Data to accurately measure the profit impact of pricing, marketing, merchandising, operations, and capital initiatives, tailoring investments in these areas to maximize ROI. APT’s client portfolio includes Walmart, Coca-Cola, Starbucks, Anheuser-Busch InBev, Victoria’s Secret, Target, Boots, ASDA, Shell and many others. APT was founded in 1999. Accel-KKR and Goldman...