1 person found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at AquilentPros
- Competitive pay
- Good benefits
- Standard systems and processes
- Consistent growth
- Strategic vision
- High profile in market
- Multiple contract vehicles with gov
- Good peopleCons
- Management culture is focused on projects, not people. Projects never fail, people can fall through the cracks.
- You only work one project, if you and PM or client don't work well together, it can complicate your future with the company.
- Culture at HQ office tends to align with project teams structure, work function or tenure. People can view this as being 'cliquish.'
- You may work off-site in less then optimal conditions on legacy equipment and software.
- HQ office needs renovations.
- Hard to affect organization-wide change without having multi-year tenure.
- Your mileage may very.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Find a way to manage people not just projects
Make a new website - stop using stock photos
Invest more money in workers, their tools, and office equipment
Deliver internal trainings with self-service modelPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
1 person found this helpfulInterview Details
Fairly intensive. Submitted resume and was called for a phone interview with recruiter within a few days. Few days later had a phone interview with functional group consisting of 2 interviewers, in person interview followed a few days later with the previous 2 interviews plus one more person. Followed by interview with project manager and account director. Formal offer received within 3 days.Interview Questions
- I have a lot of experience so none of the questions were very hard, but they were very specific to my functional area. Answer Question
In its role as a provider of information technology services and software to the US Federal Government, Aquilent has had a hand in such activities as getting fresh fish to market and getting stamps onto postal envelopes. It specializes in the integration and customization of Web-based software used to facilitate budget management, procurement, and content management. Projects have included the online permit issuance system for The National Marine Fisheries Service, which monitors migratory fish populations and issues permits for commercial fishing, and the Web site of...