I worked at Astral Industries full-time (more than 5 years)Pros
Generally informal environment. Casual Fridays are the standard.Cons
Sexual harassment lawyers would have a field day with the daily conversations.
Decisions from upper management are virtually impossible to get finalized even on critical situations. Everybody's afraid of the owner's crazy temper. Communication, whether between departments or within the same department, virtually nonexistent. Communication with customers also extremely shaky - several complaints of lack of follow-through have been noted, but not brought to Upper Management's attention - fear of being caught in the explosion.
Quality issues are swept under the rug.Doesn't RecommendNegative Outlook
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Astral Industries.Interview Details
The interviewing process was pretty standardized in comparison to other companies.
1. I first came across Astral Industries at my university career fair. Had a great discussion with the HR representative about sales and whatnot. I handed over my resume and received a business card.
2. Received a phone interview from a different HR representative, which lasted about an hour. We discussed everything about my resume and about the job in which I was applying for.
3. I received an email with instructions on taking a personality test for the company. The test was basically an MBTI test with a bunch of "in this situation, what would you do?"
4. After that, I was invited for a final in-office interview. I was interviewed by the top executives in the company. That interview lasted about 2 hours. After the interview, I received a plant tour.
5. Received my acceptance soon thereafter, with instructions on taking a physical, a drug test, and a background check.Interview Questions
Accepted OfferDifficult Interview
- The in-office interview with the executives was not really that difficult at all - it was more like a lighthearted conversation. There were plenty of laughs - we had a pretty fun time! Answer Question
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –