Working for Avanade means gaining access to the latest Microsoft technology to generate results for our customers. We are a growing business and have wonderful opportunities all over the world to suit people who are technically smart, business focused and want to enjoy what they do. At Avanade we create change for a living. Go to http://www.avanade.com/careers to find out more
A job with Avanade offers you a unique opportunity to help our customers on leading-edge projects while growing your skills and progressing your career. Our consultants hold the highest concentration of elite certifications in the industry, and have access to new Microsoft technologies well before they're released to the public.
With our strong ties to Microsoft and Accenture, you'll get to experience the best each company has to offer. From strategic planning to seamless delivery, the partnership ensures end-to-end solutions with focus and dedication.
Not everyone gets to do it, and not everyone is right for it. But, serious work pays off in deep knowledge, profound business experience, and the fast track to a career that exceeds your expectations.
Careers at Avanade include:
- Systems Engineers are Microsoft Certified Systems Engineers (MCSEs) who are infrastructure transformation experts equipped with the experience, tools and knowledge needed to help companies get more from the systems that run their business.
- Solution Developers are Microsoft Certified Solution Developers (MCSDs) who have a strong command of the .NET solution lifecycle and the Windows architecture. They architect, develop and test mission-critical enterprise solutions.
- Program Managers define and deliver project approaches, plans and methodologies.
- Analysts collect and analyz e requirements and solve problems using information technology solutions.
- Consultants build relationships with customers, based on understanding of their business, industry, strategies and challenges in order to develop long-term, sustainable solutions.
Why work at Avanade?
Working at Avanade offers you a chance to do what you love while collaborating with talented people on a mission to help our customers succeed.
- Dive into some of the most exciting work in the industry with a chance to be the first to get your hands on cutting edge Microsoft technology
- Boost your professional development with training that keeps you ahead of the pack while building your credentials
- Work with experienced career managers and mentors to guide your career
- Enjoy our industry-leading flexible benefits
- Build mission-critical skills with exposure to a variety of engagements in many global industries, giving you real-world, career-boosting experience
- Let your talents thrive in a tight-knit, dynamic, energetic and collaborative culture that values sharing and encourages new ideas
- Gain unique experience and capabilities to help our clients realize results
- Access an ecosystem of thought leaders across the world to deliver perspectives and real-life solutions to your customer’s business challenges
- Experience the award-winning culture at Avanade and learn why it is a great place to work
Here are a couple of videos that speak to our commitment to diversity and inclusion, and how they integrate with everything we do (scroll below for more information, and please press the Pause button on any video in progress before playing additional videos):
"Companies need to have a diversity and inclusion strategy because it is the right thing to do. And personally I think that should be enough of a reason. But as a CEO, I also need to be conscious of the ROI of our strategic imperatives. And there is a strong business case for having a diversity and inclusion strategy that includes increasing our global competitive advantage, enhancing our engagements with customers and engaging our talent. I am committed to making this strategy a success and I am counting on each of our people to do likewise." Adam Warby, CEO
Thinking globally, acting locally
To achieve Adam's aspiration we think globally and implement locally in the areas and regions we do business. We recognize the importance of having a global strategy that ties us all together across the fabric of Avanade; however, the importance of local context for driving diversity and inclusion strategies will ultimately create success.
Our strategic focus has been to create a strong, shared understanding of what diversity and inclusion mean at Avanade, ensuring ALL of our employees' diversity, talents and skills are leveraged to ensure competitive advantage for us in the marketplace. In the future, we will constantly challenge ourselves to implement diversity and inclusion tactics to attract, develop and keep a diverse employee workforce across the company.
Avanade has a growing and significant list of diversity-related actions and activities:
* Our largest effort to date focused around International Women's Day (IWD). We hosted 29 regional round-table events in over 20 countries, where we challenged our employees to come up with 101 ideas on how better to attract, develop and retain women at Avanade.
* Instituted our Global Women's Planning and Steering Committee to bring together Avanade women to focus on global pipeline issues.
* Established our first Global Employee Resource Group, the LGBTQA employee resource group.
* Implemented a learning and development program to expose our senior leaders to a broad set of experiential educational opportunities.
See more videos like these at http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoP-4KVd7rBzKgrqci6mM_S8NlLGtnu6C
Watch the videos about sample recent enterprise solutions by Avanade below. The first is about our work for the Lotus F1 Team (please press the Pause button on any video in progress before playing additional videos)...
And the video below highlights our mobile solution for airlines. It's already in use by major carriers such as Delta Airlines (more details here and in the context of some other related solutions described on our blog):
The video below explores some ways that Avanade is integrating Microsoft Kinect technology into healthcare solutions:
These are just a few of many ways that Avanade generates measurable business results. Learn more in the Avanade customer case study results section.
(Please press the Pause button on any video in progress before playing additional videos.)
Look at some of the recent research by Avanade and commentary from our subject matter experts on important business and IT industry issues:
To learn more, visit www.avanade.com
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Avanade full-time (less than an year)Pros
Being owned by large and prestigious companies, Accenture and Microsoft, at Avanade there is a strong, collaborative culture that everyone is willing to help each other out, despite if you a new analyst, or a Sr. Director who's been there for over 10 years. You control your own career and the pace of where you want to go with guidance if you need it.Cons
At times work/life balance can be difficult, it comes with the consulting lifestyle and is something you must be willing to compromise with at times.RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at Avanade.Interview Details
Applied only and it took a couple of weeks to receive a response. There were a total of 4 interviews, the first one is with HR. Second interview is with a current Systems Engineer and the last two interviews take place the same day on-site. Overall the hardest part is the group exercise.Interview Questions
Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
- Basically they give you a scenario and you have to come up with the software that you would recommend for the company. View Answer
"At Avanade we create change for a living. Joining us is your chance to do the same.
We help the world’s biggest and most innovative organizations realize results in a digital world with business technology solutions, cloud and managed services that combine our insight, innovation and expertise in Microsoft technologies. And we use our position as the best Microsoft...
Mission: Since our inception, our vision and values have guided Avanade’s growth and our work with customers.
Our vision is to be recognized as a global services innovator...