With a national footprint and broad international network, BDO is poised to serve you wherever in the world you do business. In addition to our breadth and depth of resources, it’s our people, the knowledge they bring to engagements, their commitment to exceeding expectations, and the candid relationships they develop with clients that has made BDO the distinct choice for clients of all types and sizes.
Whether orchestrating resources across the country or around the world, we’re committed to delivering quality service through:
- Open and communicative client service philosophy
- Firsthand industry knowledge and participation
- Geographic coverage across the U.S.
- Cohesive global network with seamless service worldwide
- Streamlined accessible organizational structure
- Attention of highly experienced senior professionals
- Focused capabilities across disciplines
- Serves nearly 300 domestically publicly traded clients and 100 internationally publicly traded entities with U.S. filing requirements
- Representative SEC clients include: Amerco (U-Haul), Henry Schein, Inc., Jones Apparel Group, Inc., Skechers USA, Inc., Nuance Communications, Inc. and Monster Worldwide
- Outside of the Big Four, BDO had the most success in gaining new public company engagements for the second quarter of 2013 (Source: Public Accounting Report/Audit Analytics and Accounting Today)
- From 2010 through today, BDO USA participated in more than 100 public and private offerings, producing proceeds over $1 billion
Like many American success stories, BDO's proud past began with the vision of an entrepreneur. Twenty-two-year-old immigrant Maximilian (M.L.) Seidman emerged from a tenement on Manhattan's Lower East Side to open a one-room office on the city's Park Row. With little more than a good idea, personal drive to achieve, and a commitment to hard work, M.L. founded Seidman & Seidman in 1910.
Fast-forward . . .The firm known today as BDO is a leading accounting and consulting organization with an extensive national and global footprint, sophisticated and loyal clients, and a talented team of people. Yet, despite our size and stature, BDO remains a family business in spirit, holding steadfast to the ideals of competence, honesty and integrity, professionalism, responsibility and accountability, and dedication, M.L. and the Seidman family ingrained in the culture of the firm. These core values have helped BDO grow to serve clients through 49 offices and more than 400 independent alliance firm locations nationwide. As the U.S. independent Member Firm of BDO International Limited, BDO serves multinational clients through a global network of 1,204 offices in 138 countries.
Dedicated to quality service for more than 100 years... People who know, know BDO.SM
BDO’s culture and core values establish a set of standards embodied by our work, our relationships and our professionals, the results of which are reflected in our accomplishments and recognition in the marketplace. With a reputation for quality and foundation built on timeless values, BDO is a sound choice both for clients and for those seeking rewarding professional careers.
- Earn trust and be trusting
- Be respectful
- We before me!
Exceptional: Every Day, Every Way
- Have integrity
- Be a true professional
- Everyone is a client
- Model excellence!
Embrace Change Through Knowledge
- Be forward thinking
- Lead the way
- Grow and help others grow
- Move to improve!
Empowerment Through Knowledge
- Listen intently
- Be direct
- Share what you know
- Be curious!
- Take personal responsibility
- Be humble
- Mind the bottom-line
- Do what you say you’ll do!
BDO USA Photos
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at BDO USA full-time for more than 10 yearsPros
Outstanding and inclusive leadership and culture; clear and authentic core values, including putting people first.Cons
Our current growth rate and plans are exciting and expectedly are creating a lot of work, as well as opportunities.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Continue following the strategic vision and core values we developed together.RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied through college or university - interviewed at BDO USA.Interview Details
The interview process was relatively easy. I applied through our college career center and heard back within a couple week. Next I had an on campus interview with the partnerInterview Questions
Declined OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
- Most questions were easy and expected questions. Mainly behavioral questions Answer Question
BDO is the brand name for BDO USA, LLP, a U.S. professional services firm providing assurance, tax, financial advisory and consulting services to a wide range of publicly traded and privately held companies. For more than 100 years, BDO has provided quality service through the active involvement of experienced and committed professionals. The firm serves clients through...
Mission: BDO's mission is to achieve sustainable professional, cultural and economic growth as well as meaningful recognition in the marketplace and the profession.