BMI (New York) Photos
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I worked at BMI (New York)RecommendsNeutral OutlookNo opinion of CEORecommendsNeutral OutlookNo opinion of CEO
- Work from a satellite office therefore got to travel to Nashville for training.
- Good salary for entry level.
- Very well known company in the music industry.
- On the writers and publisher side got to know a lot of industry contacts.
- Aim for positions that dont have to do with sales, but with the composers and writers. Is the funnest.
- Great company activities if you get to go.
- On the sales side... "selling music" is really hard. Telling small businesses they need to buy a license to play the music they've been playing for years is a real challenge.
- Account Executive is more like a sales position and in general licensing is like doing telemarketing.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at BMI (New York).
Met with HR, hiring manager and VP of Department all in one day. The staffing agency called next day to offer me the position. Started the next week. This is an entry level position.
- They asked about what kind of music I listened to as the position required identifying various genres of music. Also asked about computer skills and any experience reading contracts. Answer Question
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
If you are a composer or musician, Broadcast Music, Inc. (BMI) is here to see that your royalties are paid. The not-for-profit organization collects licensing fees from a host of outlets and venues (such as radio stations, TV programs, websites, restaurants, and nightclubs) and distributes them to the more than 475,000 songwriters, composers, and music publishers it represents. Its catalog of compositions includes more than 6.5 million works by a diverse range of artists, including Elton John, Eric Clapton, Merle Haggard, Miley Cyrus, Natalie Cole, Herbie Hancock, Kanye...