BSI is the business standards company that helps organizations all over the world make excellence a habit. For more than a century we have been challenging mediocrity and complacency to help embed excellence into the way people and products work. That means showing businesses how to improve performance, reduce risk and achieve sustainable growth. As a global leader in helping organizations improve, our clients range from high profile brands to small, local companies in 150 countries worldwide.
Working for BSI Group opens your mind to the world around you. Everywhere you turn, you’ll find our work being used by thousands or even millions of people, consciously or subconsciously, in their everyday home and business lives.
We’ve come along way since being founded in 1901. Today, we’re a global business services organization, respected world over for the development of standards; assessment of management systems; testing and certification of products and services; providing software solutions; and the delivery of training courses. We offer diverse career paths from auditing to sales, product development to finance, and from IT to marketing. And with our 2,500 staff employed in over 140 countries it means that career opportunities are vast.
It’s often said that staff are a company’s most important asset. But at BSI this isn't just mantra; we look only for the best and most talented individuals who can achieve at the highest level in order for the business to be successful and to grow. We want employees who:
- Can deliver and strive for superior performance, and who can achieve challenging objectives
- Are proactive with people and can lead by example
- Can demonstrate passion for the business and can inspire others
- Have integrity, ensuring that business is conducted in an ethical manner
- Have commercial focus, understanding customers’ needs and adding value.
We expect our staff to work hard, but in return we offer a very attractive and competitive rewards package.
Training and development is integral to our individual growth and performance improvement, and ultimately contributes to our success as a business.
Employee Journey at BSI
This is the moment when someone choosesto join us because they want to be part of a global, client focused business that is committed to continual improvement, and they are looking for a company that values their energy and enthusiasm alongside their expertise and experience.
Be part of
During the first weeks at BSI every new colleague should feel they’ve made the right choice and that they want be part of a great company and great team. We all have a role to play in getting our colleagues off to an excellent start.
We are committed to helping each person achieve their full potential andthere is a wide range of support and learning opportunities to help each one of us develop new skills and continually improve.
Every day the difference you make to your team's and to the company's success is recognized and appreciated. Your opinion is listened to and valued.
Whatever you aspire to individually, whether it's a new challenge or to continue to enrich your current role, you'll be supported in gaining the skills and experience needed. As BSI continues to grow, the opportunities to move into new roles will increase, therefore we are committed to continual development, job enrichment and succession planning.
Our core values
We are a company that develops and delivers products and services in a truly inclusive way, we are committed to continual improvement and we work with the highest level of integrity. These values guide us in everything we do:
As a Royal Charter company, BSI is a completely independent organization, with no vested interests driving our agenda - so all parties can work confidently with us.
At BSI, we act with impartiality, transparency and professionalism and employ rigorous and consistent standards in everything we do. We always aim to do the right thing and we are prepared to take difficult decisions to achieve this goal.
We have a culture of openness to the ideas and needs of all our stakeholders, especially to those of our clients and colleagues.
We are a client-focussed, performance minded organization, with a commitment to business improvement and innovation at its core. We help our clients embed a culture of continual improvement and be at the forefront of management best practice. We nurture expertise and excellence in how we operate and in the products and services we offer. We help our clients to perform better, innovate for their future growth, and create lasting value.
We work with leading experts to produce best-in-class products and services. We work with and for our clients to get the best results; we listen to what they say and respond to their needs.
We think about our wider responsibilities to our colleagues, business partners, stakeholders and the wider community. We are respectful of the interests of others and the wider public interest.
- Seek to identify and understand customer and stakeholder needs
- Seek to propose solutions that anticipate customer needs and thereby exceed their expectations
- Actively encourage customer feedback, listen to needs, and check customer satisfaction
- Address customer queries in an accurate and timely manner
- Manage customer needs and expectations, making difficult decisions if required
- Adopt an ethical approach in all business dealings in line with BSI's 'Code of Business Ethics'
- Have a ‘can do’, positive attitude with customers
- Involved in setting stretching, clearly defined personal objectives
- Demonstrate a commitment to personal learning and take responsibility for my own development needs
- Recognize personal errors, take action to rectify them, and show learning from mistakes
- Take decisions in consultation with stakeholders to quickly reach an effective solution
- Promote a positive attitude, and proactively seek and act upon constructive feedback
- Actively seek clarity and support when feeling under pressure or uncertain and escalate issues when appropriate
- Show empathy and courtesy to others even when under pressure
- Listen to, and take onboard, the views and feedback of others, even when they are different from my own
- Treat people fairly and with impartiality
- Consistently support and encourage my colleagues / team members
- Deal openly and constructively with conflict
- Display resilience and remain calm under pressure
- Have a clear, honest, unambiguous communication style, avoiding unnecessary jargon
- Consult and involve others and take account of their point of view
- Keep all stakeholders up to date with current information / progress and ask questions to check their understanding
- Gain agreement and commitment from others by positively influencing and persuading
- Actively share knowledge and experience with my team and colleagues
- Think through the impact of my communication on others and adapt my communication style to meet my audience’s requirements
- Lead by example – ‘my actions match my words’
- Deliver on personal and team objectives and commitments - meeting or exceeding expectations
- Take pride in my work and focus on delivering tangible outcomes
- Work collaboratively across the business to deliver results
- Strive to constantly deliver an excellent quality of work and personal behaviour as recognised by others
- Rigorously plan and prioritize work, managing time & resources to achieve goals
- Constructively challenge complacency and the ‘way things are usually done’, and make suggestions for improvement
- Make timely and effective decisions
Leading and Manager Others
- Develop team members and nurture their expertise through mentoring and coaching. Support them in identifying development opportunities
- Provide clarity on the roles and responsibilities of each team member - clearly explaining the contribution they make in achieving business and team goals
- Drive innovation by involving the team in generating ideas and problem solving
- Work with each member the team to set challenging standards of performance and SMART objectives that align to company / business unit strategy
- Articulate the company strategy and make it relevant to the team. Communicate timely business updates and other relevant information
- Take ownership for resolving issues in the team and constructively address under performance
- Empower the team by devolving responsibilities, and trusting them to make decisions and deliver
- Help the team members to improve their performance by providing ongoing performance feedback and encouraging them to see their own strengths
- Be available, accessible and willing to listen to the team. Support them and give honest and fair feedback
- Encourage the team by appreciating and acknowledging what they do well. Show an interest in them as individuals
- Manage the team members' performance to deliver results
BSI America Photos
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at BSI America full-timePros
Flexible, kind people, will help you grow as a person, great, great, great benefits! Helped me get out of my living situationCons
Low Salary, cliches in the companyRecommendsNeutral OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied online. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at BSI America in March 2014.Interview Details
I posted my resume online publicly and BSI contacted me for an interview. Initially, it was just a phone interview with an internal recruiter and she was very nice. She explained what the position entailed and the basic benefits package and what the salary was. Pending I was still interested, she asked me to come in for a formal interview to meet with her, HR, and the CFO. Before I was to go in for my interview she said she would be sending me a background check document via email.... it was sent to me at 8:00pm the night before my interview and that was after I had called her TWICE to remind her to send it. When I went in for my interview she was, again, very nice. The woman from HR was older and more professional and straight to the point with her questions. I really enjoyed meeting the CFO. She delivered exactly what she would be expecting of her assistant and seemed to have a good sense of humor (and an awesome Irish accent). Then, the recruiter came back in and told me the interview process was still ongoing and qualified candidates would be asked to come back in to meet with the CEO the following week. She then told me regardless of their decision, she would CONTACT ME AND LET ME KNOW. That was a flat-out lie - she is the most unorganized person I have ever met in my life, I don't know how she holds a job. I called back to follow up two weeks later and left a message with HR because she said to "please call me with any questions at all." Never heard back from her either, not even the second time I called her, or when I sent her an email. SIX WEEKS LATER (I kid you not) they called me back and asked me to call them. I called back within MINUTES and no answer, so I left a message. It's been four more weeks and still nothing. Word of advice - do not work for this company. If an interview process can be this unorganized, I can't even imagine what goes on in the office.Interview Questions
No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
- There weren't any unexpected questions except for misleading me for weeks. Answer Question
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
BSI is the business standards company that helps organizations all over the world make excellence a habit. For more than a century we have been challenging mediocrity and complacency to help embed excellence into the way people and products work. That means showing businesses how to improve performance, reduce risk and achieve sustainable growth. As a global leader in helping...
Mission: To be the World’s Most Trusted Training Provider for embedding excellence and expertise in individuals to ensure organizations perform better, reduce risk and grow...