- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I worked at Backcountry.com part-time
Great people but a very cliquey environment.
Not as much freedom with work schedule as there used to be
Advice to Management
Promote people right for the job from within, not outsiders who will change the company culture from what it used to be.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Backcountry.com (Christiansburg, VA) in June 2015.
Got a phone call two weeks after applying online. I missed the call, left a voicemail and was called back the next morning for a phone interview. Then I was invited to a tour of the distribution center and an in person interview a week later. That took a full hour and I was hired on the spot.
- Have you ever been terminated from a job? Answer Question
- Have you ever been late to work? Answer Question
- Have you ever had a conflict with an employee? How handle it? Answer Question
- Have seen an employee break rules? How did respond? Answer Question
- What are you passionate about? How would you rate your computer skills from scale of 1-10? Why do you want to work here? What are your career goals? Do you have questions for me? What are your skills? Answer Question
Backcountry.com began in 1996 with two guys, a stack of avalanche beacons, and a garage in Park City, UT. Our roots were humble, and we've grown since then, but our vision is still clear: to provide the best outdoor gear—and to be the best at doing it. We have deep roots in Utah, and we thrive on the trails and in the mountains surrounding Park City. You can also find ...
Mission: We offer an unparalleled opportunity to connect your career with your passions. Our mission – connect people to their passions - begins with our team members. We bring a passion for the outdoors to our work each and every day with three core values: 1. We do the different and remarkable, we Break Trail 2. We don’t sit around and think about it, we Get it Done 3. Our passion is our rock but we live to hit our goals, we Balance Performance and Passion