Founded in Portland, OR, in 1955, Banfield is the largest veterinary preventive care practice in the world. In 2007, Banfield joined the Mars, Inc. family of businesses and continues a tradition of building partnerships with pet owners and veterinary professionals. Today we are more than 900 hospitals strong with more than 15,000 associates dedicated to giving pets the highest quality veterinary care in neighborhoods across the United States and Puerto Rico.
Banfield promotes good health in the lives of millions of pets through our focus on proactive care and evidence-based medicine. Our practice offers a full range of veterinary services, including preventive care, general surgery, injury care and treatment of illnesses. Our hospitals deliver convenient, high quality medical services using industry-leading protocols and equipment.
When you join Banfield, you are joining a devoted, supportive, diverse and team-oriented culture, whether you work in one of our 900+ hospitals across the country or at our home office in Portland, Oregon.
Compelled by the desire to make a better world for pets, all associates are called to contribute to our practice through their own expertise, skill and passion. But regardless of our roles, we support one another so that together, we can support our clients with world-class veterinary care.
We truly believe that we can continue to raise the bar for pet health care. From the front desks and exam rooms to our home office in Portland, Oregon, every Banfield associate contributes to our mission.
- Veterinarians: Providing preventive care and numerous veterinary services to pets in neighborhoods throughout the country, our veterinarians are critical to our practice and the communities they serve. This is why we provide them with the resources, equipment, research and continuing education they need to stay at the forefront of high-quality, evidence-based veterinary medicine.
- Certified Veterinary Technicians: Our certified veterinary technicians play an important hands-on role in each and every one of our hospitals. With responsibilities ranging from vaccinations to surgical assistance to client communication, our skilled technicians are an integral part of hospital services and client experience.
- Hospital Staff: Often the first face a client sees, our hospital team plays a critical role in managing the efficiency of our day-to-day operations. If you are passionate about preventive pet health care and want to work alongside dedicated industry experts in a fun, team environment while making a difference in the lives of pets and the clients we serve, we welcome you to explore a variety of positions at local hospitals, including:
- Practice Managers
- Veterinary Assistants
- Client Service Coordinators
- Field Leaders: Offering support at a local level, our Medical Directors, Field Directors and Learning Managers coach and train hospital associates to ensure that the highest standards of quality veterinary care and business practices are being carried out across every neighborhood location.
- Home Office: From our in-house research and medicine teams to our learning and development department, our headquarters in Portland, Oregon is dedicated to supporting our hospitals and the clients they serve. Whether you are seeking entry-level employment or senior management career opportunities, our home office features fields such as marketing, information technology, recruiting and more. And we all work toward one goal—making a better world for pets.
Learn more about our career paths and opportunities.
Working at Banfield
Supporting our clients means supporting our associates. We’ve built a structure that includes leadership and support at the hospital level, in the field and at our Corporate headquarters, all with one goal in mind: to help you focus on delivering quality care for all pets and compassionate experiences for all pet owners.
We offer a collaborative, team-oriented environment and are committed to developing our associates, offering a healthy work/life balance and giving back to the communities where we live, work and play.
Banfield believes in rewarding our associates for their dedication and commitment to bettering the lives of pets and their people. That’s why we offer a competitive compensation package and a full range of benefits that promotes healthy living, financial security and peace of mind. Benefits include:
- An excellent total rewards package
- Educational and development opportunities
- Free enrollment in a Banfield Optimum Wellness Plan® for up to three pets
- A team environment where your skills will be respected and utilized
The benefits package may vary by legal entity, status or position. To learn about our compensation and benefits by career path, please visit our benefits page on Banfield.com.
Our mission of making a better world for pets extends beyond our clients and our hospital walls. We are committed to using our resources to improve the wellness of pets, communities, our fellow associates and the veterinary profession as a whole.
From our disaster relief efforts to our participation in the Mars Volunteer Program, we strive to help all pets get the care they deserve.
Banfield Pet Hospital Photos
RecommendsNegative OutlookApproves of CEO
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I worked at Banfield Pet Hospital part-time
Some of the people I worked with were the nicest people.
They might let you go to allow college students to come back to work for the summer.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banfield Pet Hospital (Katy, TX).
Hiring Manager will ask questions in regards to your past professional experience. Also will ask "what if" situations at the job It'll more than likely be 1 on 1 Sit with hiring manager and just listen to each question and answer as best you can
- What are your best qualities? What are your bad qualities? What do you know about the history of Banfield Pet Hospital? What experience do you have with animals? 1 Answer
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
In 2007, Banfield joined the Mars family of businesses, and together we work to ensure pets receive the highest level of care so they can live longer, healthier lives. Today, Banfield is more than 900 hospitals strong, with the common goal of providing high‐quality medicine for each pet we treat and working alongside our clients to ensure they have the resources they need to ...
Mission: We understand the special bond between pets and people. The caring and compassionate veterinary teams at Banfield will help ensure your pet stays with your family longer.