- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at Benihana full-time (Less than a year)RecommendsPositive OutlookNo opinion of CEORecommendsPositive OutlookNo opinion of CEO
• Complimentary lunch on break • Free drinks all day, everyday • 50% Off after 3 months employment • Tip from to-go orders • Little experience required when starting • Control over seating and flow of customers • Friendly staff, especially your co-hosts/hostesses
• Extremely fast-paced! Too much to handle on your own • Expect ignorant customers • Servers will verbally attack you if not satisfied with their tables or if they are skipped on the rotation • Very loose, laid-back management • Working by yourself is common • Managers will sneakily hire you as host but try to change you to full-time busser—don't cave in! • Servers and chefs will call you names and mock you in Japanese, don't let it get to you • Again, angry servers will come after you, even in front of customers
Advice to Management
• Better training please! Please stop expecting perfect employees who are training each other off of their own knowledge of the position! • Don't expect new hosts/hostesses to do great their first time alone, people make mistakes! • Stricter management of server-host relations. We know how to do our jobs and do not need to be reminded by your servers.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Benihana (City of Industry, CA).
I turned in my application in person (wore slacks and dress shirt) and got a call back a few days later to meet with one of the managers. Make sure you print out an extra resume before going because he didn't have mine out. It lasted about 5 minutes and he called me a few days later informing me I got the job. I dont think you have to dress nice, but I suited up and I got the job. The other person he hired also suited up and got the job, so ya.
- Why do you want to be a bartender? How long have you bartended for? What ingredients are in a White Russian, Old Fashioned, Mojito, Cosmopolitan, and Mai Tai. Answer Question
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
The main course at Benihana comes with an appetizer of culinary entertainment. A leader in full-service restaurants, the company's flagship chain of teppanyaki-style Asian restaurants offers a dining experience that features wisecracking, fast-chopping chefs who prepare the meals on a grill that is part of the table. Benihana owns and operates more than 60 Benihana and Benihana Grill locations in more than 20 states, and it has about 20 franchised restaurants in a dozen other countries. In addition, the company operates more than 30 other restaurants doing business ...