MissionBlinds.com is the #1 online provider of blinds, shades, shutters and draperies in the United States and Canada . We are your source for all things window treatments, and your interior decorating aspirations. Can we help you? Our team is ready to roll up our sleeves with your window design projects 7 days a week.
10 reasons why it's awesome to work at Blinds.com
- Essential core values that we don't just talk about, we live and work by them.
- We have an unlimited supply of coffee and tea. And if you don't run on caffeine, we've got water.
- Generous medical, vision and dental benefits.
- Competitive starting pay above the industry norm, and matching 401k with immediate vesting.
- Some of the most energetic, outrageous co-workers you'll ever meet. Trust us. They're pretty amazing.
- Success is actually rewarded — with words, money, trophies, parties or cake — or perhaps all of the above.
- Monthly gym reimbursement — to help counteract the parties and the cake.
- You are encouraged by management and coworkers to continuously improve at work, but also at home. We cheer equally when you run your first marathon and when you help your hundredth customer.
- People work best when they're comfortable. Make your workspace your own, and leave the suit and tie in the closet — unless that's how you enjoy working!
- Company-sponsored training for advancement. We love to watch our employees grow and take on new roles.
Our Core Values
We're not happy with the status quo. As industry leaders, we believe we can always better ourselves, in and out of the office. This means we look for just as many ways to serve our customers as we do to serve our community.
We like to think of ourselves as mad scientists. For every failed experiment, you learn one lesson that will help you out in the future. At Blinds.com, failure is just another step toward success.
We don't believe in the word impossible, and we don't think our employees should, either. Personally and professionally, we want to see others shoot past their wildest dreams, and into new territory altogether.
People are more than suits, ties, and names on a payroll. They're individuals with families, hobbies, lives outside of the office and stories to teach us. When someone applies that unique viewpoint, style of dress or hair color to their work — special things happen.
Working here means you're a part of the family. Have fun with the twists, turns, camaraderie and milestones. We'll be right there with you, enjoying the ride together.
See what our team members say
2 people found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Blinds.com full-time for less than a yearPros
Great coaching, mentoring and amazing open door policy. Management do really want to hear about your ideas and suggestions. Really fun work environment with great work/life balance.Cons
-People around you can get pretty loud and distracting and makes it hard to hear customers on the other end of the line.
-Office tours almost everyday with groups of people which is very distracting.
-Slight favoritismAdvice to ManagementAdvice
Keep up the great work and success!Positive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
1 person found this helpfulApplication Details
I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Blinds.com in March 2014.Interview Details
I applied online and quickly received an email asking me to attend a hiring event at their office.
Upon entering their office I was greeted and escorted to a computer lab. A basic call center skills test was completed on the computer. Once the skills test was finished I was told I qualified for a "prescreen."
While waiting for the prescreen I was in "the van" a conference room with other people. While waiting in the van other applicants were visited by their friends who currently worked at the office. It soon became apparent nepotism plays a role in getting hired.
I was then moved to a small room and told to wait for a phone call. I received a phone call from which I determined was a hiring manager... He asked me VERY BASIC questions that took a couple minutes before the prescreen ended. I was then told they needed to screen the rest of the applicants before getting back with me. The next day I received a rejection email. Overall, the guaranteed interview seemed like a waste of time. Prescreen could have easily been completed over the phone at home. It really helps if you know someone who work here.
On a good note... most of the people seem happy to work here. Also, the treatment of people applying is very professional. Snacks and refreshments were offered while you waited for prescreen.Interview Questions
No OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
- What is your greatest accomplishment? Answer Question
Blinds.com, owned by Global Custom Commerce, is the world´s largest online window covering store, covering over a million windows a year since 1996. With a cutting edge online ordering system and ‘The Window Shopper’ augmented reality shopping iPhone app, Blinds.com makes ordering custom blinds, shades, shutters and draperies a no brainer with huge savings and selection...
Mission: To make buying complex products online surprisingly easy and exciting.
Our Core Values:
> Improve Continuously
> Experiment Without Fear Of Failure