Blizzard Entertainment Photos
2 people found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Blizzard Entertainment full-time (more than 3 years)Pros
- One of the best gaming companies in the world to work for
- Plenty of opportunity to move up with jobs posted internally first for current employees throughout the year
- The company takes care of their employees better than most other traditional companies (But they are not perfect)
- All the obvious perks of Blizzard products and associated productsCons
- Management used to be operating like a small company caring for their employees, now its very corporate and to the book rigid.
- Operational issues that could be sped up, but fall under policy and bureaucracy causing it to slow down and stopAdvice to ManagementAdvice
Establish a culture like it was back before 2007 where the teams cared about working in their team, and the leads cared about the department, not focused on numbers. Focus on the people and creating a positive environment for them to thrive and the numbers will follow.RecommendsNeutral Outlook
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied online – interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment.Interview Details
My friend works at blizzard so i sent my resume to him to give to HR. the hiring process took about 2 weeks. I got interviewed by an editor and producer over the phone. the call was supposed to take 30 minutes but mine took only 10 because I was talking more about their games than i was about their cinematics. it seems like if you're applying for anything towards cinematics they want you to be more focused on their films than games. I've been told that you don't even have to like playing a lot of games if you're applying for their cinematics team. but i'm sure liking their games will helpInterview Questions
- no trick questions. Answer Question
Blizzard Entertainment hopes to continue to produce a flurry of hit games. A unit of Activision Blizzard, the company is the leading video game maker in the massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPG) niche. It develops and publishes software titles such as the record-breaking Warcraft, Starcraft, and Diablo series available for play on PCs. Blizzard offers its...
Mission: Dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever.