Boys & Girls Clubs Photos
- RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Awesome opportunity to give back and help develop character and strength in our future leaders. The club is set up to help provide a positive experience for members 6-18. As staff you get to shape and pour into children who may not have a lot of positive environments at the time. A lot is asked of you but you get to be creative and have fun while loving on some "lovable" kids too !!! Impacting lives for the better everyday .....
Pay is not great and there are minimal benefits. A lot to do in certain positions e.g. Art room, learning center.....Limited hours that will be paid. Limited full-time opportunities too.
Advice to Management
Keep up the great work with training, and communicating ! Look at salary, hours, and benefits....especially for those who have been there 5 or more years. We love what we do !!
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Knoxville, TN) in September 2015.
Two grant worker ladies interviewed me. They were very nice and the interview was relatively short (~10-15 minutes), they said that was standard and not indicative of a bad interview. I just kept making sure to mention that it's important to listen, make learning fun, and that I was very eager to be there and had heard rave reviews from other employees.
- What is the most challenging thing about working with children? Answer Question
- How would you handle the situation if you saw a staff member discipline a child in a way that you disagreed with? Answer Question
- Describe a lesson/activity in the theme of wellness you might implement. Answer Question
- Tell me about yourself, any training or experience you've had working with children, and why did you apply for this position? Answer Question
BGCA Clubs serve nearly 4 million youth in over 4,000 Club facilities throughout the country and at BGCA-affiliated youth centers on U.S. military installations worldwide. BGCA Clubs are community-based & led by paid, trained youth development professionals, who provide a safe, affordable place for kids during non-school hours & the summer. Through its ...
Mission: To enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.