What began in 2007 as two people working from a kitchen table to more 300 employees across three offices worldwide, BrightEdge is a global leader in enterprise digital marketing, assisting 8,500 + brands and over 1000 customers with proactive digital marketing that keeps them ahead of the curve.
BrightEdge’s patented digital marketing tools translate “big data” into revenue for clients. From the largest hotel groups to the Top 10 online retailers and the biggest names in technology, brands turn to our company as the digital marketing platform of choice when they need to measure and optimize what matters and win online.
Innovating To Stay Ahead Of The DIgital Marketing Curve
Google and other important search engines update their algorithms hundreds of times per year. Sometimes, they throw some pretty big curve balls. BrightEdge is a Silicon Valley digital marketing company that’s on the leading edge of digital marketing. We’re always building and testing new technology that allows you to be prepared for changes to the algorithm, SEO, content marketing & digital marketing in general.
That’s why brands all over the globe rely on BrightEdge’s digital marketing platform and its patented technology like Share of Voice competitive tracking, unique technology for Content Centric SEO– Page Manager and Content Optimizer, Mobile Search performance metrics, and unparalleled Social SEO capabilities.
Here’s just a sample of pur powerful innovations:
- Your answer to “(not provided)” data: In an age of secure search and Google’s “(not provided)” data, our page reporting gives you access to total SEO performance in revenue, visits and conversions at a page level, not just a keyword level.
- Be mobile with your customers: Your share of mobile customers is growing each day. Search engines like Google continue to emphasize the importance of mobile search optimization in order to compete online. The technology coming out of our SEO company gives you the data to win at mobile search.
- Simple content optimization for everyone: Content and editorial teams integrate our content optimizer into their CMS to easily create search-optimized content.
- Know what your competition is up to: Our company’s SEO X-Ray is the first patented “reverse index” of the web that offers you a thorough glimpse into how your SEO footprint compares to your competitors.
- Go global: BrightEdge’s SEO platform integrates with major search engines outside the United States to track the metrics that are important, no matter where your brand takes you.
Proven Across Industries
BrightEdge is the digital marketing platform of choice for more than 8,500 global brands, including some of the largest brands in the United States like Adobe, Marriott, Citrix and more.
Our clients span industries from B2B to B2C and everything in between, and have at least one thing in common: complicated digital marketing strategies that require trusted data.
Ninety-six percent of clients recommend BrightEdge technology. Head to our Customer Success Stories page to hear testimonials from the likes of Margarita Shapiro at The Golf Channel, who leverages BrightEdge for her company SEO and Dave Lloyd at Adobe who manages Global SEO for his company using BrightEdge.
Exceptional Customer Success
Our digital marketing platform is backed up by an exceptional customer success team consisting of alma mater of companies like Accenture, AOL, Google, Mckinsey, Starbucks, Wells Fargo and Yahoo.The BrightEdge Customer Success team offers an ongoing partnership featuring a proven onboarding program, ongoing consulting on digital marketing and BrightEdge technology best practices, and the most streamlined training and certification program among all SEO companies. Prioritizing your digital marketing strategies, assessing your SEO success periodically and helping you make consistent progress are just some of the areas in which our Customer Success Team collaborates with you.
Thought-leadership In Digital Marketing & SEO
As the leading SEO company, we take pride in cultivating the professional community we’re a part of through knowledge sharing in top search engine publications, at industry conferences and through BrightEdge’s own Share event, which brings together the world’s leading brands to talk about strategies in digital marketing.
We catch trends before they happen, analyze them and share with the community what we’ve learned. You can see examples of our insight in Search Engine Land, Marketing Land and Search Engine Watch, to name a few.
Accomplished Management Team
In addition to Jim Yu and Lemuel Park, BrightEdge’s management team includes accomplished executives from Salesforce.com, Digg, AOL, and Microsoft.
BrightEdge is based in San Mateo, CA with offices in Chicago, New York City and London. Each BrightEdge location is strategically placed in order to have a finger on the pulse of digital marketing hubs around the world.
Because many of our clients have international brands, we have people on the ground in many of the regions we serve. In order to create the most valuable experience for clients, our SEO company spans countries and cultures, ensuring we comply with various regulations where our clients operate, and consult on SEO strategies that make a connection with the culture they’re a part of.
The BrightEdge team during their last day at 1820 Gateway Blvd in San Mateo, before moving to their new headquarters
THE BRIGHTEDGE WAY
OUR CORE VALUES
STRIVE FOR EXCELLENCE
Why Choose BrightEdge?
You want to use your talents to the fullest, and make an impact everyday. You want to get in on the ground floor of a successful, top tier VC funded Silicon Valley startup with major buzz in the industry. And, working for an energetic company with really smart, driven people is an added bonus.
We're eager to add team members that are as jazzed about cutting edge organic search engine optimization technology as we are! BrightEdge is filled with wide-ranging opportunities, and huge potential. Opportunities include: developing patented SEO technology, evangelizing our vision, quality assurance and testing, creating market awareness about the massive SEO opportunity, supporting clients with organic search best practices and much more. We need passionate team members to help grow our company, and at the same time grow their own careers.
We’ll Take Good Care of You
Beyond a state of the art facility in the heart of Silicon Valley, we’ve also got a number of goodies for our employees, such as:
- Competitive Salaries
- Medical / Dental / Vision Insurance
- 15 Days Vacation Annually
- Stock Options
- Career Advancement Path
- Team Events & Socials
- Free Friday Lunches
We’re All About the Newest Technologies
BrightEdge is leading the front in technological innovation. We've developed the only patented technology in our space, which measures share of voice in search engine rankings. At BrightEdge, our engineers write new code daily and realize results quickly. Think agile scrum development, fast-paced release cycles and brown bag engineering sessions sharing new technologies. We're a collaborative company where ideas are bounced around as often as balls on our ping pong table. And, of course we embrace the newest technologies on the market:
We all want to make effective career decisions that balance our need for growth, opportunity, relationships, the commute, and of course, compensation. When we first come out of school or when we are in between jobs, it’s easy to fall for the first company that produces an offer letter – the job search process is stressful and demanding.
However, we should strive to find companies that are a good fit for our personalities and work styles. Here are a few reasons our employees love working at BrightEdge:
"I like to work hard, in a healthy environment, full of smart people"
"BrightEdge is the best company I have ever worked for"
"15 reasons I chose this company, answers below:"
1. Growth: Growth makes work exciting, stimulating, and fun. BrightEdge adds about 10 people every 2 weeks, so you see evidence of growth all around you. Growth makes small opportunities large and small problems small. Growth is the most powerful accelerant to gaining responsibility faster than your cohort.
2. Opportunity to grow: Company growth means you can grow personally, too. It makes it easier to be a bigger leader when the company has a healthy appetite for new leadership. BrightEdge management hires people who want to be promoted and creates paths for that to happen.
3. Pre-IPO company: The Silicon Valley is the world capital of venture-backed businesses, and I would always rather be part of a venture company than one that is already public. Every day feels like you are writing a page in the story of the company’s success.
The pre-IPO company gives employee-owners access to more chunky income events than regular companies. Our last round of funding was large at $42 million, so we have the resources to expand our aspirations. We are already a global company with offices in London, Tokyo, and Sydney.
4. Industry-leading product: Head-to-head, we win most of the time against our competition because we’re true innovators.
5. The BrightEdge values: Customer success, people success, striving for excellence, urgency, winning; working at BrightEdge is very consistent with these values. Every day at least two or three of these values drive decision making. It’s real. It’s authentic. It matters.
6. Focus: We focus on the right things: happy customers, happy employees, the best product, urgent execution, and winning all the way. If you have ever been forced to focus on the wrong things, you will recognize why this is so important.
7. Work ethic: People at BrightEdge work hard and get the job done on time. From the execs to the office manager, people care about their productivity and keeping their commitments.
8. Size. A mid-size company of 300 people means that you get a good-sized portfolio of work, and that you can influence the outcome and the market cap. We all matter at this size.
9. BtoB company: Most of the top companies in Silicon Valley make money selling to other companies. The planning and development cycles are more realistic and the margins are better than business-to-consumer.
10. BrightEdge beating the odds. Only one in 10 venture companies succeed, and only one in 110 make it to more than $100,000,000 valuation. BrightEdge’s success in terms of valuation has blown those odds away.
11. Numbers-driven rational approach. We manage by the numbers at BrightEdge, so people make good decisions and make them quickly and with confidence. Many of our executives came from Salesforce, the most successful SaaS company in the world.
12. Full of wicked-smart people. There are a lot of geniuses here, but everyone does a good job of hiding it. Egos are not outsized, and we all work towards the same goals with mutual respect.
13. Outstanding onboarding program. BrightEdge has the best-organized onboarding program I have come across. Every single employee at every level goes through the same training with the same instructor and comes out the end of the week certified on the BrightEdge product. That consistent experience increases the connections between groups and people.
14. Youthful energy. We hire a lot of people right out of college and lots of mid-career people like me, so we have a fun and energetic environment that leverages both groups.
15. Founder-led company: Founder-led companies have more heart and soul, more passion, and a clearer sense of purpose. I have known Jim Yu and Lem Park for 7 years, and they get better every year.
Brightedge Technologies Photos
RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at Brightedge Technologies full-time (Less than a year)
Smart team, great management, well organized, clear values, treat employees well, team oriented
Really can't think of anything that would classify as a con
Advice to Management
Keep being innovative and hiring great people
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Helpful (1)No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at Brightedge Technologies.
I connected with the internal recruiter via LinkedIn after applying online for the job. She was happy to make the connection and after a few emails back and forth we scheduled a phone interview for the following Monday. We had a great conversation that lasted about 45 minutes; she was lovely to speak with. We left off that she was going to speak with hiring manager regarding next steps and would get back to me by Wednesday or Thursday of that same week. Both days came and went with no information. I emailed her; got no response. The next week I signed onto LinkedIn only to see in my feed that she had a new job that started that very day! I reached out to her but got no response. I then emailed the head of HR at Brightedge explaining the situation and as expected, got no response. I emailed again; nothing. I tried calling to get an answer. Stonewalled. Obviously I moved on but what stood out to me was how POORLY this was handled. You mean to tell me that no one in that department was taking over her work or candidates?? Even if I wasn't getting moved to next steps how about being professional and showing a sense of integrity and reaching out to the people she had been speaking with regarding open positions. In the long run, I realized I'm better off because it's things like this that are just a small window into how a company operates and treats people. I dodged a bullet.
- Can you tell me more about your background? Answer Question
BrightEdge is the essential Content Marketing Platform that transforms online content into tangible business results such as traffic, revenue and engagement. BrightEdge’s S3 platform is powered by a sophisticated big data analysis engine and is the only company capable of web-wide, real-time measurement of content engagement across all digital channels, including search, social and mobile. BrightEdge 8,500+ brands include 3M, Microsoft, Netflix and Nike. The company is based in San Mateo, CA with offices in New York City, Chicago, Seattle, London, Sydney and Tokyo.
Work at Brightedge Technologies? Share Your Experiences
- Brightedge Technologies update30+ days ago
The new BrightEdge Web Page - Content Performance Marketing
- Brightedge Technologies update30+ days ago
How to Nail your Sales Interview at a Tech Start-up