- Brown Mackie College update5 days ago
BMC Boise is seeking a Director for their Admissions team. Candidates should apply at: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vIfmU
- Brown Mackie College update5 days ago
Salina, KS & Oklahoma City, OK are seeking Program Directors for their Occupational Therapy Assistant Program. Qualified candidates please apply at: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vIfmg
The Brown Mackie College family of schools has a long history that began with the opening of the Kansas Wesleyan School of Business on September 12, 1892.
In 1938, the school was incorporated as The Brown Mackie School of Business under the ownership of former Kansas Wesleyan School of Business instructors Mr. Perry E. Brown and Mr. A.B. Mackie.
In following years, this school and others that were to become part of the Brown Mackie College family of schools were operated by numerous organizations and eventually were united under the parent company of American Education Centers (AEC), founded in 1993 and headquartered in Fort Mitchell, Kentucky.
In 2003, AEC was acquired by Education Management Corporation, operating out of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The family of schools was renamed Brown Mackie College the following year and includes schools formerly know as Southern Ohio College in Ohio and Kentucky, Asher School of Business in Georgia, Commonwealth Business College in Indiana and Illinois, Michiana College in Indiana, RETS Institute of Technology in Kentucky, and AEC Texas Institute.
Since 1892 the Brown Mackie College family of schools has grown, and now has more than 25 schools in 15 states all across the United States.
Brown Mackie College Job Openings for Employment
Do you want to help students succeed? Do you want to work in a dynamic environment that can help you grow and develop along with your organization?
The Brown Mackie College system of schools is committed to continued growth across our more than 20 locations throughout the Midwest and southern United States. To achieve that growth, we need talented and motivated people who love a challenge and can hit the ground running.
We employ individuals in positions that directly facilitate the education of our students and the services that support those students. While each position within the Brown Mackie College system of schools requires specific skills, in general we seek candidates who:
- Demonstrate leadership
- Apply analytical skills
- Approach problem solving creatively
- Communicate clearly and effectively
- Collaborate in a team environment
- Focus on the student, and
- Take initiative.
Brown Mackie College family of schools provides higher education to traditional and nontraditional students through bachelor's degree, associate's degree, and diploma programs. Our general education courses teach students to think independently and critically, and improve problem-solving abilities. Furthermore, these programs prepare students for career opportunities and broaden their perspectives. The college strives to develop within its students the desire for lifelong and continued education.
Brown Mackie College is dedicated to sound business principles that parallel the business principles of the surrounding community, and its leaders believe that the College makes an important contribution to the economic growth and social well being of the metropolitan areas it serves. The college's change-oriented approach to education arms students with the skills and knowledge to help meet the economic needs of communities by preparing students for entry-level positions in business, technical, legal, and allied health careers.
The following purposes are integral to the mission of Brown Mackie College:
- To offer sound business, technical, legal, and allied health education through bachelor's degree, associate's degree, and diploma programs.
- To provide in degree programs appropriate general education courses that stimulate and develop each student's individual and professional growth, including written and interpersonal communication, critical thinking, and problem-solving competencies.
- To minimize economic disadvantages as a barrier to higher education by providing financial aid services and by accepting students without regard to age, sex, religion, race, physical challenges, or economic or social background.
- To attract and retain qualified instructors who are effective in the classroom and familiar with appropriate current business, medical, legal, and/or technical practices.
- To maintain a dynamic organization that is responsible and responsive to its constituencies.
- To develop in students a professional attitude and an awareness of contemporary career practices through exposure to pragmatic course content and to faculty currently engaged in enterprise.
- To assist graduates in finding positions for which they are educated.
- To provide ongoing assessment and planning procedures to ensure that the college's mission continues to be accomplished.
Brown Mackie College Photos
“Fantastic opportunity in working with individuals that desire to further their educational goals! ”
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Brown Mackie CollegePros
Working at BMC provided me the opportunity to further my experience in working with individuals from numerous cultures, and socioeconomic backgrounds.Cons
The class hours changed from month to month, creating a slight issue with other responsibilities I have with other areas within my working environment.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Advancement is predominately based on class enrollment.RecommendsPositive Outlook
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at Brown Mackie College in August 2014.Interview Details
Applied direct to web-site, contacted within the week, and interviewed by the career services director. Called back for the second interview with the college director.
Applied direct to web-site, contacted within the week, and interviewed by the career services director. Called back for the second interview with the college director.Interview Questions
No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
- Not surprise questions. But, I would point out that it would be good to be mentally prepared for role playing. Depending the position you are applying for, put yourself in those shoes and sell. View Answer
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –