Brown and Caldwell Photos
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Brown and Caldwell full-time (less than an year)Pros
Personal growth, career oppertunities, and the work atmosphere are all increadible.Cons
Consulting can have it's highs and low in terms of work flowAdvice to ManagementAdvice
N/ARecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Interview Details
I interviewed for the Engineer II position at the Cleveland office for their Compliance Division. A phone interview with HR was followed up with an informal interview over dinner. Another informal interview took place with the person to whom I would have reported to over lunch just to familiarize myself with the physical location of the office. The easiest and most informal interview process I have ever come across.
I received an offer and was able to negotiate reasonable terms. However, my background check turned up a driving record that was not to their standards, and due to the nature of travel associated with the job, the offer was subsequently rescinded 4 weeks after my initial interview. Never once throughout the interview process was I notified what qualified as a good driving record. I only had speeding tickets on mine (no DUIs, accidents, etc.). If you have more that TWO moving violations in the past THREE years, you need not apply with this company. Given the fact that they were in scramble-mode to fill this position, and for the fact that despite my qualifications they were unable to work something out with me, I consider it a blessing in disguise that I'm not working for this company today. Below is an excerpt of their policy, which I did not receive until after the fact.
A driving record which includes any of the following is unacceptable:
· A suspended or revoked driver’s license.
· A felony conviction, such as homicide or assault, with a motor vehicle.
· An incident of driving while intoxicated, reckless driving, hit-and-run driving, illegal use of drugs, or
negligent homicide within a five-year period.
· Two or more chargeable accidents during a three-year period. Chargeable accidents are those where
the driver is cited, or liability is assessed by the insurance company.
· Three or more moving violations in a three-year period.
· A combination of four or more moving violations and chargeable accidents in a three-year period.
103.10 Driving Record Review
Driving records of employees who regularly drive on behalf of the Company shall be obtained and monitored
by the Corporate Risk Manager:
· Upon hire; and
· On a periodic basis thereafter, as required by BC’s insurance carrier or as otherwise deemed necessary
by the Corporate Risk Manager.
Unacceptable driving records (those which do not meet Company standards or Company’s insurance
company standards) will be reviewed by the Corporate Risk Manager, BC’s Corporate Human Resources
department, and regional BC management to determine appropriate remedial and/or disciplinary action. Such
action may include one or more of the following:
· Refresher training utilizing resources deemed appropriate by the Corporate Risk Manager and
· Attending a formal defensive driving or safe driving course, such as those sponsored by the National
Safety Council, or other classroom or behind-the-wheel course deemed appropriate by the Corporate
· Restriction of driving privileges.
· Other measures, up to and including separation from employment.Interview Questions
Negotiation DetailsI was able to negotiate better terms on PTO and an additional $1000 in base salary.Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
- Informal interview process, basic questions. Answer Question
Brown and Caldwell has been providing municipalities, private businesses and government agencies with sustainable environmental solutions for more than 60 years. We offer a collaborative environment with opportunities for growth and advancement in all professional disciplines. Join us, and you’ll find a home where you can do your best work, reach new levels of expertise and enjoy exceptional development opportunities. As a privately held firm with over 1,400 employee-owners in 45 offices nationwide, the opportunity awaits for you to advance.