Experience the commitment™
At CGI, we're committed to helping all of our stakeholders succeed. Our 68,000 professionals in 40 countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific provide end-to-end IT and business process services that facilitate the ongoing evolution of our clients' businesses. CGI is committed to helping our clients achieve their business goals; to providing our professionals with rewarding careers; and to offering shareholders superior returns over time. At CGI, we are in the business of delivering results.
A focus on the fundamentals
- More than 35 years of long-term growth with 68,000 professionals in 40 countries
- Client proximity operating model that fosters local accountability for client satisfaction and success
- Global delivery capabilities through centers located on 5 continents
- ISO-9001 certified quality frameworks that result in CGI's on-time, on-budget delivery track record
- Industry expertise, end-to-end service offerings and rich IP-based solutions that advance clients' business goals
Our track record of on-time, on-budget delivery is rooted in CGI's quality and management processes, and our flexible global delivery model offers the right mix of on-site, onshore, nearshore and offshore sourcing to maximize value, access the best talent and ensure local accountability.
- Local accountability – We live and work near our clients to provide a high
level of responsiveness. Your local CGI team speaks your language,
understands your business environment, and collaborates to meet your
goals and advance your business.
- Committed experts – CGI’s professionals have extensive industry,
business and technology expertise to help you succeed. In addition, a
majority of our professionals are company owners, providing an added level
of commitment to your success.
- Global reach – Our local presence is complemented by an expansive
global delivery network that ensures you have access to the best-fit
capabilities and resources to meet your needs 24/7.
- Comprehensive quality processes – CGI’s investment in quality
frameworks and rigorous client satisfaction assessments provides for a
consistent track record of on-time, on-budget project delivery.
- Tangible innovation – Our full-offering strategy is complemented by a
broad portfolio of services and solutions that enable clients to optimize
business operations, better serve customers and drive growth. In close
collaboration with clients and partners, we apply cross-industry insights that
maximize current investments while taking advantage of new technologies and ideas.
- High-end business and IT consulting – Expertise to help grow your
business, drive revenue, improve efficiency and become more agile.
- Systems integration services – System architecture, system development
and implementation of business and technology solutions.
- Application development and management – Design, development,
implementation, maintenance and improvement of business applications.
- Infrastructure services – Comprehensive infrastructure management
capabilities that adapt to business requirements and service priorities.
- Business process services – Management of back-office business
processes to streamline operations.
- IP-based solutions – Portfolio of 100+ mission-critical solutions that
reduce costs and create operational efficiencies.
- Financial services – Helping market-leading retail and wholesale banks,
capital markets and insurers reduce costs and improve the customer
- Health – Partnering with more than 1,000 health facilities, including 230
hospitals, 525 pharmacies and government agencies, improve health
business and clinical outcomes
- Government – Helping 2,000 government clients to improve public
services and increase efficiency through successful transformation
- Communications – Supporting the transformation of leading
communications services providers across North America, Europe and
- Utilities – Partnering with hundreds of major utilities, including electricity,
gas and water clients, to build customer-centric business models and
achieve operational excellence
- Oil and gas – Helping leading upstream and downstream companies
extract more value from every aspect of their supply chain
- Manufacturing – Driving competitiveness and profitability for
manufacturers in multiple sectors, including aerospace, automotive, mining
and metals, chemicals, pulp and paper, high-tech and electronics
- Transportation – Working with leading airlines, airports, rail organizations,
and government transportation agencies, transit authorities and regulators,
to achieve profitable growth
- Post and logistics – Helping major postal organizations and logistics
companies stay ahead of a rapidly changing business landscape
- Retail and consumer services – Supporting clients in retail, consumer
services and wholesale distribution to optimize supply chains and enhance
the customer experience
Joining CGI gives you the opportunity to work closely with brand-name clients in both the commercial and government sectors.
- Air France
- Bell Canada
- BNP Paribas
- BT Group plc.
- New York City
- Rio Tinto
- State of California
- TD Bank Financial Group
- U.S. Department of Defense
- U.S. Department of State
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
CGI’s continuous growth is a testament to the confidence clients place in us and
to the dedication of our professionals. At CGI, we feel a powerful sense of
ownership and accountability. That’s why a majority of us are CGI shareholders.
The result for our clients: We are the full-service provider with the global
resources, industry expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to
Defining the essence of who we are
CGI's Constitution is the DNA of our company; it defines the essence of who we are and our culture. It's made up of the common dream, vision, mission and values that drive us as we strive together to build a global IT champion. With frameworks and programs founded upon this Constitution, CGI's professionals have the opportunity to participate in the life and development of their company, which, in turn, results in client loyalty and shareholder growth.
CGI is different from most companies. We have not only a vision and mission, as other companies do, but a dream:
"To create an environment in which we enjoy working together and, as owners, contribute to building a company we can be proud of."
This dream was first articulated by our founders Serge Godin and André Imbeau when they started CGI in 1976, and it has remained unchanged since then. It embodies two key principles—enjoyment and ownership. We strive to create an environment where our professionals enjoy working together and also feel empowered as owners to build their company and grow their careers.
At CGI, employees are called members because we feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability. That's why the vast majority of us are CGI shareholders. CGI's ownership mentality is woven into all aspects of our management approach and gives our members the freedom to drive their careers, make decisions in the best interests of our clients, take part in the continuous improvement of our business and benefit from a job well done.
Our Vision and Mission
Guiding the fulfillment of our dream is our vision and mission. CGI's vision is as follows:
"To be a global world class information technology and business process services leader helping our clients succeed."
To achieve this, we've defined our mission as follows:
"To help our clients succeed through outstanding quality, competence and objectivity, providing thought leadership and delivering the best services and solutions to fully satisfy client objectives in information technology, business processes and management. In all we do, we foster a culture of partnership, intrapreneurship, teamwork and integrity, building a global world class information technology and business process services company."
CGI's values define our core character as a company and guide our daily decisions and interactions.
Partnership and Quality
For us, partnership and quality are both a philosophy and a way of life. We constantly deepen our understanding of our clients' business and we develop and follow the best management practices. We entrench these approaches into client relationship and service delivery frameworks in order to foster long term and strong partnerships with our clients. We listen to our clients and we are committed to their total satisfaction in everything we do.
Objectivity and Integrity
We exercise the highest degree of independent thinking in selecting the products, services and solutions we recommend to clients. In doing so, we adhere to the highest values of quality, objectivity and integrity. We do not accept any remuneration from suppliers. We always act honestly and ethically. We never seek to gain undue advantages and we avoid conflicts of interest, whether real or perceived.
Intrapreneurship and Sharing
Our collective success is based on our competence, commitment and enthusiasm. We promote a culture of innovation and initiative where we are empowered with a sense of ownership in supporting clients, thus ensuring our profitable growth. Through teamwork, sharing our know-how and expertise across our global operations, we bring the best of CGI to our clients. As members, we share in the value we create through equity ownership and profit participation.
In all we do, we are respectful of our fellow members, clients, business partners and competitors. As a global company, we recognize the richness that diversity brings to the company and welcome this diversity while embracing the overall CGI business culture.
We strive to deliver strong, consistent financial performance which sustains long term growth and benefits both members and shareholders. Financial strength enables us to continuously invest in our members' capabilities, our services and our business solutions to the benefit of our clients. To this end, we manage our business to generate industry superior returns.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Our business model is designed to ensure that we are close to our clients and communities. As members, we embrace our social responsibilities and contribute to the continuous development of the communities in which we live and work.
By understanding and adhering to our Constitution, we work together toward the same goals and continue to achieve the success that's brought us to where we are today. It represents our collective commitment and roadmap for meeting the expectations of all our stakeholders, satisfying our clients' business needs, providing rewarding careers and generating sustainable profitable growth—now and into the future.
Distinctive Programs and Benefits
CGI pays particular attention to the compensation, benefits and working conditions we offer. All of these are reviewed regularly based on our professionals’ interests and needs and competitive market conditions.
The following represents our key company-wide programs.
From our founding, CGI has operated based on the strong belief that our success comes from the strength and commitment of our shareholder members. When you join us, you have the opportunity to become an owner of your company. As owners, we all participate in and benefit from the value we help create. Our unique ownership programs put into practice our philosophy of intrapreneurship—our term for the ownership culture within CGI. Our ownership programs include:
- Share purchase plan: CGI will match your contribution dollar for dollar, up to the determined maximum. In addition, an additional amount corresponding to a set percentage of your salary can be invested in CGI shares.
- Profit participation plan: You'll participate in the rewards that come from CGI's growth; this plan distributes a portion of our profits based on the achievement of CGI’s financial objectives and taking into consideration individual performance.
Compensation and benefits
CGI offers a competitive compensation that recognizes your experience and competencies. In addition, our benefit programs, including health and savings plans, provide you with financial security and peace of mind.
Achieving work/life balance
We firmly believe that the health and wellness of our members are crucial to both their own personal success and our collective success as a company. We are committed to improving their quality of life, and we demonstrate this commitment through the implementation of the following:
- Health and wellness program: Oxygen, our global health and wellness program, is made up of a multidisciplinary team of health experts who support our members in their efforts to adopt and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Oxygen is at the forefront of best practices in the field of workplace health and wellness. Members have access to an interactive platform that offers an impressive catalogue of health-related content and can access information about health services available in their local area. Oxygen also promotes healthy behaviours by organizing activities on both a local and a global scale, such as CGI’s annual Walk Around the World event.
- Member assistance program: At CGI, we understand that challenging life situations impact our members’ well-being. To help them address various challenges in their personal and professional lives, we provide free and confidential access to information, practical solutions and personalized support from professionals with the aim of improving their quality of life.
- Leave programs: CGI encourages our professionals to enjoy the time allowed for annual vacation and holidays in order to pursue their personal interests. Understanding that some life situations may require time away from work, CGI also offers a special leave program.
- Social clubs: To strengthen relationships between our professionals, CGI provides financial support and takes part in the organization of social activities, including some activities for family.
- Extracurricular activities: From serving the communities in which we live and work to participating in activities that build CGI’s brand, we provide ample opportunities that support and nurture your interests.
Note: Benefits and working conditions may vary by region.
Life at CGI in their own words:
"CGI's entrepreneurial culture is a clear advantage for someone looking to build a strong resume. The benefits to your career include the ability to work on different projects for a range of clients, exposure to decision making at the leadership level, participation in business development activities, and being a part of applying leading edge technology. Combined, these benefits result in a well rounded career."
- Karim Fadel, Director
"Being a CGI member allows you to grow in your professional life as well as be a vital part of the surrounding community. There are different ways to get involved, with member programs for charity, health and wellness, all of which make you want to be engaged with the company after working hours."
- Eryn Burns, Consultant
"CGI's entrepreneurial culture empowers its members to make real business impacts, whether they have been with the company for many years or just a few days. I feel directly connected to the success of my team and our company. It is great to work for a place where new ideas are appreciated and recognized for their merit. CGI values its members as the strength of its business and fosters an atmosphere for continued growth and member satisfaction. It is truly a great place to work and build a career."
-Errol McEachron, Senior Consultant
"As a young professional, CGI maintains an environment that promotes growth by allowing members to gain experience in a variety of projects and roles. The responsibility and sense of ownership CGI cultivates is one that is ambitious yet fulfilling. It is challenging to find a corporation that provides new professionals with the opportunity to manage projects, address career goals, and continually apply and enhance skills in diverse fields, yet CGI does. This company truly cares about advancing its employees as well as its clients."
-Jessica Simpson, Consultant
I have been working at CGI as a contractorPros
Good benefit options, flexible working hoursCons
recognition and training are void in this job
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Interview Details
1 Phone interview with Recruiter general questions
2 Phone interview with Hiring Manager very detail interview
3 On site Interview with Senior Consultant good interview not hard
4 On site Interview with Director approval interviewInterview Questions
- Client scenarios Answer Question
At CGI, we're committed to helping all of our stakeholders succeed. Our 68,000 professionals in 40 countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific provide end-to-end IT and business process services that facilitate the ongoing evolution of our clients' businesses. CGI is committed to helping our clients achieve their business goals; to providing our professionals with...
Mission: To help our clients succeed through outstanding quality, competence and objectivity, providing thought leadership and delivering the best services and solutions to fully...