Custom Sensors & Technologies (CST) is a specialist in designing and manufacturing sensing, control and motion products.
Through its brands, BEI Kimco, BEI Sensors, BEI PSSC, Crouzet, Crydom, Kavlico, Newall and Systron Donner Inertial, CST offers customizable, reliable and efficient components for mission-critical systems in Aerospace & Defense, Transportation, Energy & Infrastructure, Medical, Food and Beverage and Building Equipment markets.
All CST teams are deeply customer focused, continually striving to exceed customer expectations. They always look for a strong alliance with customers, develop proactive cooperation and ensure transparent relationships.
- CST focuses all its effort in providing the best components and services to fit customers “mission critical” systems.
- Capable of meeting the most demanding specifications and standards, even in harsh environments, CST is certified to supply challenging industry sectors such as aerospace, nuclear, automotive, train, medical and oil & gas.
- Always mastering advanced technologies while capitalizing upon well proven solutions, CST designs, manufactures and delivers the highest quality products and provides strong engineering support and adaptation capabilities.
- Focused on premium value offers and committed to excellence, CST, with 4.400 employees worldwide and sales of $590M US in 2014, is the dependable and adaptable partner for the most demanding customers.
Our success is the direct result of our people, who are among the brightest and most dynamic professionals in their fields. We’re always in search of talented individuals to succeed and grow with us. As we become the world’s premier sensing solution provider, we are preferred by our customers and respected by our community and employees.
With 4,400 employees, we have a diverse global employee population within the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific. CST offers excellent career opportunities world-wide and encourages internal mobility to grow its employees.
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global company, our diverse workforce offers unique perspectives and a competitive advantage. Our goal is to maintain a culture that supports diversity. This includes supporting the professional careers of women, racial and ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities.
"Originality, openness and diversity of people and brands", are driving the success of Custom Sensors and Technologies, according to Marianne CARTON, SVP Human Resources & Transformation at CST.
What makes the 4400 CST employees all over the world feel that THEY are CST?
Our value proposition
We are the best customer partner capable of minimizing customers’ risk thanks to a strong intimacy, proactive cooperation, fully transparent relationships and to products adaptable to fit their “mission-critical” systems.
- CST Products are key components of “mission-critical” systems for our customers
- We are equipped to meet the most demanding specifications and standards, including for harsh environment.
- We master advanced technologies while capitalizing upon well proven solutions
- We are certified to supply the most demanding industry sectors such as Aerospace, Nuclear, Automotive, Train, Medical, Oil & Gas…
- We design, manufacture and deliver the highest quality products
- We provide customers with strong engineering support and adaptation capabilities
- We continually strive for reliable on time delivery
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at CST full-time (More than 3 years)RecommendsPositive OutlookRecommendsPositive Outlook
Diverse group of people both culturally and professionally
Strong Senior Management Team
Everybody counts/matters approach
High Quality Products with a focus on precision, accuracy and overall excellence.
Some systems/practices are a bit outdated but Management is aware and working to implement new technologies
It would be nice if there were more opportunities for employees to connect outside of work via team-building, activities, recreation, etc. Several internal surveys have shown that his provides a boost in morale and cooperation.
Advice to Management
Continue down the path of supporting your employees both professionally and personally. It is noticed and makes everyone willing to go that extra mile which truly makes us a "Premier Organization."
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took a day – interviewed at CST in March 2015.
Saw them at the career fair and and got an email for the interview couple weeks later. The interview was highly technical as mostly questions were related electricity and magnetism.
- How do you find the resonance of an LRC circuit? 1 Answer
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
Custom Sensors & Technologies (CST) takes a custom approach to the sensor business. The company makes electronic sensors, controls, and actuators used in factory and industrial process automation, aerospace and defense equipment, and a wide range of transportation applications. CST's products, which include DC motors, optical encoders, servo systems, and trackballs, help determine exact positions and link the actions of precision mechanisms, such as automotive stability-enhancement systems. The global company has operations across Europe, Asia, Latin America, Mexico, and...