Calvin Klein is one of the best known designer names in the world, offering a modern design aesthetic. The Calvin Klein brands — Calvin Klein Collection, Calvin Klein platinum label, Calvin Klein white label, Calvin Klein Jeans and Calvin Klein Underwear — provide us with the opportunity to market products both domestically and internationally at higher price points, in higher-end distribution channels and to different consumer groups than most of our Heritage Brands business product offerings. Global retail sales of products sold under the Calvin Klein brands were approximately $7.6 billion in over 100 countries in 2012.
We believe that the Calvin Klein brands are powerful, influential and highly relevant, as evidenced by the fact that the Calvin Klein brand was ranked #1 by Women’s Wear Daily in its coveted top 10 list of most-recognized designer brands in December 2012. Innovative marketing and advertising campaigns continue to fuel the global growth of the Calvin Klein brands, highlighted by an expanded use of digital and social media marketing platforms, including the addition of our visually-driven, interactive Tumblr blog, which complements the brand’s editorial and celebrity wardrobing programs, to further consumer awareness and brand appeal.
In order to more efficiently and effectively exploit the development opportunities for each brand, a tiered-brand strategy was established to provide a focused, consistent approach to global brand growth and development. Each of the Calvin Klein brands occupies a distinct marketing identity and position that preserves the brand’s prestige and image. Our brand portfolio includes:
- Calvin Klein Collection – Calvin Klein Collection is the "halo" for all Calvin Klein product and advertising. Representing pure, timeless luxury, Calvin Klein Collection offers men’s and women’s high-end designer apparel and accessories, which are sold across the globe through the wholesale channel and through our own full price Calvin Klein Collection global retail flagship in New York City;
- Calvin Klein platinum label – Calvin Klein platinum label, formerly known as ck Calvin Klein, was rebranded in 2013 in order to unify the Calvin Klein brands under one umbrella. This line, which is our "bridge" line, offers iconic, essential and fashion items, including apparel and accessories, which are sold in the wholesale channel through specialty and department stores, as well as in freestanding stores in Europe and Asia;
- Calvin Klein white label – Our white label brand is positioned as a premium brand within the "better" tier of men’s and women’s sportswear, outerwear, suits, shoes and accessories, as well as women’s dress and performance wear, and men’s dress furnishings. Presently available predominantly in North America and expanding to Latin America, Calvin Klein white label offers stylish designs interpreted through the Calvin Klein aesthetic for a modern, sophisticated consumer. The design ethos is based on form and functionality, and the line’s products are effortless, fashionable and accessible;
- Calvin Klein Jeans – Calvin Klein Jeans is the casual expression of a modern American designer lifestyle. It is rooted in denim, and is famous for its unique details and innovative treatments. The Calvin Klein Jeansline includes men’s and women’s jeans and related apparel, which are distributed worldwide, and denim accessories, which are distributed in Europe and Asia. The Calvin Klein Jeans core customer has an urban, downtown sensibility and is confident, fashion and trend aware, and globally engaged; and
- Calvin Klein Underwear – As the world’s leading designer underwear brand for men and women, Calvin Klein Underwear is known across the globe for its sexy, cutting-edge products and groundbreaking visuals, consistently delivering innovative designs with superior fit and quality. Offerings include men’s and women’s underwear, sleepwear and loungewear, which are distributed worldwide.
Our in-house design team designs all products and/or controls all design operations and product development and oversees a worldwide marketing, advertising and promotions program for the Calvin Klein brands. In 2012, over $300 million was spent globally in connection with the advertisement, marketing and promotion of the Calvin Klein brand, and these expenses are principally funded by Calvin Klein’s licensees and other authorized users of the Calvin Klein brands.
PVH Corp. is one of the world's largest apparel companies. It owns and markets the Calvin Klein brand worldwide. It is the world's largest shirt and neckwear company and markets a variety of goods under its own brands, Van Heusen, Calvin Klein, IZOD, Arrow,Bass and G.H. Bass & Co., and its licensed brands, including Geoffrey Beene, Kenneth Cole New York, Kenneth Cole Reaction,BCBG Max Azria, BCBG Attitude, MICHAEL Michael Kors, Sean John, Chaps, Donald J. Trump Signature Collection, JOE Joseph Abboud, Tommy Hilfiger, and Perry Ellis Portfolio.
At PVH, we offer an industry-leading benefits program that provides the protection, peace of mind and flexibility that our associates need to build a better life – both at home and at work.
From comprehensive health and life insurance plans, to work/life programs, a 401(k) plan and a pension plan, PVH associates can choose the coverage that best fits their unique needs. Our benefits options include:
Health and Wellness
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance and Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short and Long Term Disability Programs
- Long Term Care Programs
- Corporate Wellness Program
- Domestic Partner Benefits
Retirement and Savings
- 401(k) Savings Plan with a company match
- Company paid Pension Plan
- 529 College Savings Program
- Vacation / PTO
- Generous number of paid holidays
- Summer hours*
- Flex time*
- Resource and referral program for family and individual needs such as child care, adult care and personal services
- College coaching resource and referral program
- Group Pre-paid Legal Program
- Group Auto and Home Owner's Insurance Programs
- Adoption Assistance
- Associate discounts in company stores
- Educational Assistance Program
- Friday casual dress*
- College Scholarships for children of our associates
- Negotiated Discounts with local and national businesses
- Referral Bonus Program
- Training Classes
*Benefits may vary by location
We are a global, action-oriented company characterized by achievement and commitment. We want people who are hungry for both professional and personal growth; who will help us take our brands, our business and our community service to new heights, and who, with our support, will strive to reach their full potential.
If you are a motivated individual who desires an opportunity to grow, be challenged, and make a difference, we invite you to take a closer look at why you should join PVH.
Quality of Work Life
Feel the pride and excitement of being on the team behind one or more of the world's most successful brands. You'll operate in a fulfilling environment of excellence, respect and open communication.
Quality of Personal Life
PVH provides its associates with competitive compensation and exceptional benefits that can have a genuine impact on the quality of your personal life. We believe that career and personal life should both thrive in balance.
Professional Development and Career Growth
Ongoing support, education and formal training is provided for the development of professional and technical skills, to best prepare our associates for current and future opportunities within PVH.
With PVH providing encouragement and financial resources, our associates have embraced traditional community service activities, and gone beyond the traditional as well, carrying out ideas of their own to create opportunities and help those in need.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity
PVH is absolutely committed to recruit, train and provide career advancement to all associates without regard to gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, nationality or social or ethnic origin. Diversity in our workplace will be encouraged. Bigotry, racism, and sexual harassment will not be tolerated.
I worked at Calvin Klein part-time (more than an year)Pros
They work with your schedule, especially if you go to school.Cons
Things could change to be more efficient
favorites like any other company
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Calvin Klein.Interview Details
I walked in casually to see if they were hiring. Luckily, the general manager happened to be in. He handed me an application, and told me to come back for an interview. The interview went smoothly. I also took a personality questionnaire to see if I qualified for the "floor supervisor" position. I passed! And I've been employed with this company for about 3 years now.Interview Questions
Accepted OfferAverage Interview
- How would you deal with a difficult customer? View Answer
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
Calvin Klein, Inc. is one of the leading fashion design and marketing studios in the world. It designs and markets women's and men's designer collection apparel and a range of other products that are manufactured and marketed through an extensive network of licensing agreements and other arrangements worldwide. Brands/lifestyles include Calvin Klein Collection, Calvin Klein...
Mission: Calvin Klein is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands with products that resonate globally. Our mission is to grow the brand through delivering...