Come Live Our Values
Driven To Succeed
Cameco is one of the world's largest uranium producers accounting for about 14% of the world's production from its mines in Canada, the US and Kazakhstan. Our leading position is backed by about 465 million pounds of proven and probable reserves and extensive resources. Cameco holds premier land positions in the world's most promising areas for new uranium discoveries in Canada and Australia as part of an intensive global exploration program. Cameco is also a leading provider of processing services required to produce fuel for nuclear power plants, and generates 1,000 MW of clean electricity through a partnership in North America's largest nuclear generating station located in Ontario, Canada.
We need U.
And we think U may need us too!
If you're looking to work in a unique, high-profile industry with worldwide operations and diverse scientific, political and environmental components – then you're looking for Cameco.
With our head office in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada, we have offices, mines, mills, operations and projects across the globe, including northern Saskatchewan and Eastern Canada, the United States, Australia, Kazakhstan, India and Switzerland.
We employ a wide range of occupations including – but not limited to – engineers, geologists, technologists, scientists and operators, plus an assortment of trades, from electricians to industrial mechanics.
We are poised to grow and build on our leadership role as a major supplier of a sustainable, environmentally friendly energy source.
Do it for U! Choose a career at Cameco.
Cameco's Vision and Values
Cameco will be a dominant nuclear energy company producing uranium fuel and generating clean electricity.
Our mission is to bring the multiple benefits of nuclear energy to the world.
Our goal is to be the supplier, partner, investment and employer of choice in the nuclear industry. We already stand apart as a quality investment with a proven track record and considerable strengths. We are recognized as a global leader in corporate social responsibility and are committed to doing what's right for:
- a safe, healthy and rewarding workplace,
- a clean environment,
- supportive communities and
- outstanding financial performance.
These four measures of success will determine our future growth and long-term standing as a responsible corporate citizen in everything we do.
Our decisions and actions are guided by our values:
Safety and environment
The safety of people and protection of the environment are the foundations of our work. All of us share in the responsibility of continually improving the safety of our workplace and the quality of our environment.
We are committed to keeping people safe and conducting our business with respect and care for both the local and global environment.
- promote and support a strong safety culture
- strive to be a leader in safety and environmental practices and performance, which includes timely, accurate and transparent reporting
- manage risks to levels as low as reasonably achievable
- prevent pollution
- comply with and move beyond legal and other requirements
- reduce the likelihood of accidents and emergency situations and maintain plans to mitigate their impact
- actively seek and incorporate the input from workers, local communities and other stakeholders on the impacts of our activities and our overall performance
- continually improve the efficiency of our resource and energy use, management of wastes and tailings, and reduction of land disturbances, air emissions and discharges to water
- use science and innovation to drive our efforts at continual improvement
- conduct safety, health and environment assessments that consider social and cultural values and are designed for closure before proceeding with new operational projects
We value the contribution of every employee and we treat people fairly by demonstrating our respect for individual dignity, creativity and cultural diversity. By being open and honest we achieve the strong relationships we seek.
We are committed to developing and supporting a flexible, skilled, stable and diverse workforce, in an environment that:
- attracts and retains talented people and inspires them to be fully productive and engaged
- encourages relationships that build the trust, credibility and support we need to grow our business.
- recruit the best people who will understand and share our vision and values and who can help us effectively carry out our mission
- manage talent in relation to business needs
- manage employees' performance constructively so they can work to the best of their abilities
- establish clear responsibilities and accountabilities for every employee
- offer competitive compensation and benefits
- develop leadership skills at all levels that reflect our corporate values, competencies and behaviours
- recognize employee contributions
- encourage creativity and sharing of ideas
- promote and support continuous learning and career development
- provide a safe and healthy working environment that is free from harassment and discrimination
- promote and support healthy lifestyles
- promote an inclusive and diverse workplace and respect cultural traditions in communities where we operate
- provide flexibility to help employees balance work and personal commitments effectively
- provide transparent and consistent employee programs and policies
- respect our employees' privacy
Through personal and professional integrity, we lead by example, earn trust, honour our commitments and conduct our business ethically.
We are committed to acting with integrity in every area of our business, wherever we operate.
- are a leading, socially responsible corporate citizen, maintaining positive and open relationships wherever we operate
- manage our operations responsibly, and accurately measure and report our performance publicly
- conduct ourselves ethically and with integrity, upholding our code of conduct and ethics and honouring our commitments whether written or oral
- contribute to the economic and social development of local communities where our facilities are located
- respect human rights wherever we operate
- publicly disclose complete, accurate and balanced information on a timely basis
- prepare and disclose our mineral reserve and resource estimates objectively
- reflect all business transactions completely and accurately in the company accounts
- refuse to support any activities that involve bribery or corruption
- compete fairly and ethically
- allow only responsible and appropriate use of our assets
- secure and manage corporate information with integrity
- carry out practices to prevent and detect fraud and do not tolerate it in any way
- meet or exceed all laws, regulations and other requirements that apply to us
We pursue excellence in all that we do. Through leadership, collaboration and innovation, we strive to achieve our full potential and inspire others to reach theirs.
We are committed to achieving excellence in all aspects of our business, to support our vision of being a dominant nuclear energy company producing uranium fuel and generating clean electricity and delivering outstanding financial performance to our shareholders.
- use management systems that facilitate our efforts to protect and enhance shareholder value
- develop and implement long-term strategies and associated corporate objectives to achieve outstanding financial performance
- deliver uranium products and services that meet or exceed customer expectations
- hold ourselves accountable for our performance in our drive to achieve excellence
- benchmark ourselves against recognized leaders and assess the results by adopting, modifying and integrating those aspects that are appropriate to our business
- inspire employees to excel
- develop a culture that encourages and supports employees in applying a questioning attitude in the pursuit of excellence
- develop and implement tools that assist us in preventing errors and support our efforts to be a learning organization
- develop and report performance measures that accurately track our progress and link to incentive compensation
- recognize that accountability and continual improvement are essential parts of achieving excellence
- reward excellence and recognize employees for improvements they accomplish
- measure our success through the respect we receive from local communities, regulators, customers, peers, shareholders and other stakeholders
Our board of directors has provided these value statements to ensure we continue to uphold our values. Together these values form the foundation of our culture. By pursuing them, we attract and retain top talent, earn the trust of our stakeholders, manage risks effectively, and ensure the long-term competitiveness and sustainability of our operations, all for the purpose of adding shareholder value.
At Cameco, we appreciate the contributions of every employee. We understand the true value of a diverse workforce and we embrace, encourage and support workplace diversity.
Members of a diverse workforce bring new ideas, perspectives, experiences and expertise to the company. This allows Cameco to continue to innovate, manage change, and grow as a respected industry leader and employer of choice. A diverse workforce helps Cameco to succeed.
As a federally regulated company, Cameco complies with the federalEmployment Equity Act by removing barriers that may make it difficult for some people to fully participate in the workforce, including those from the following four equity groups as defined in The Act:
- women in under-represented roles
- people with disabilities
- aboriginal peoples
- members of visible minority groups
Cameco's commitment to diversity includes:
- implementing fair hiring practices;
- recruiting and retaining qualified candidates from all four equity groups; and
- maintaining a corporate culture that fosters excellence, innovation, employee satisfaction and engagement by respecting individual differences and encouraging a diversity of views.
Cameco hires on merit, based on an applicant's qualifications and experience.
Qualified equity group members are encouraged to apply for Cameco positions, and to declare their designated equity status so that we can monitor our progress towards a more representative workforce.
Cameco Corporation is committed to creating and maintaining a welcoming, inclusive, barrier-free work environment which allows all employees to perform their jobs at an optimal level. Achieving this desired environment depends upon mutual respect, creative problem solving and cooperation.
Total Rewards are defined as everything you acquire or receive from your working relationship with Cameco – from compensation and benefits, to learning opportunities and job satisfaction.
U get a piece of the PIE!
Employees below vice-president level receive a share of the PIE – performance incentives for employees – our bonus program that pays rewards for corporate and group performance. Salaried employees receive an additional reward for team and individual performance.
U share in Cameco's success!
Cameco's success is our employees' success. Our employee share ownership program (ESOP) gives you the opportunity to own Cameco shares. Cameco contributes up to $1,000 in shares annually and you have the option to buy more. As a shareholder, you benefit from increases in the value of Cameco's shares.
U get great benefits!
Competitive and flexible pension and benefits are other key components of the total rewards offered at Cameco. Benefits may include flexible health care or personal spending accounts. Retirement benefits are comprised of both a pension plan and a group RRSP.
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Cameco full-time (more than 3 years)Pros
Good salaries, good bonus system.Cons
Not much room for movement.Doesn't RecommendNegative OutlookNo opinion of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
The process took a day – interviewed at Cameco in February 2011.Interview Details
Cameco's HR is great to deal with especially for a first timer going through the process. The interview was conducted by telephone with three cameco employees on the other end. It took about 45 minutes. I was both called and emailed about the results of the interview within 1.5 weeks of the interviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
Cameco is one of the world's largest uranium producers, a significant supplier of conversion services and one of two CANDU fuel manufacturers in Canada. Our competitive position is based on controlling ownership of the world's largest high-grade uranium reserves and low-cost operations.
Cameco’s uranium products are used to generate clean electricity in nuclear power...
Mission: Our mission is to bring the multiple benefits of nuclear energy to the world.