Capital Insurance Group
- We’ve been protecting the West since 1898. We’re financially stable, dedicated to growing the company, and recognized as an industry leader.
- You can be proud to work with us. We’re an established and well-respected company.
- Core values really matter. We maintain an environment of integrity, teamwork, and mutual respect.
- We proactively protect our neighbors by sponsoring Community Safety Saturday™ events with partners who share the same commitment to building safer, more-informed communities.
- Performance counts. Individual efforts are appreciated and recognized. You have the opportunity to grow your career.
- We share our prosperity and equity with all employees through a generous Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
- CIG is an equal opportunity employer. EEO – M/F/V/H
We are committed to fostering and supporting a workplace culture inclusive of people regardless of their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, marital status, age, physical abilities, political affiliation, or religious beliefs, so that all employees feel included, equally valued, and supported.
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Capital Insurance Group full-time (more than a year)Pros
I worked in claims. It is easy to begin a career in claims through entry-level work. Training is provided. There is room for growth. Benefits are great.Cons
Pay is not enoughRecommendsPositive Outlook
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied online. The process took 5 weeks – interviewed at Capital Insurance Group.Interview Details
Note that each claims department is different. This was an interview for the main claims office and NOT the field adjuster positions or the office in Reno. First, I sent my resume through Career Builder and was quickly called for a brief phone interview. I then came in and filled out the application and met with a manager very briefly. I was sent a 5 minute personality type test. I was then called back for a formal interview. The interview was with three managers. They asked what I knew about CIG and then went through my detailed background. I was then asked a lot of "Tell us about a time..." They were looking for very specific examples. One time I drifted from the specific examples and was redirected. They also explained their benefits program and specifics about the position. A day later, I received an email with a longer skills test. A few weeks later, I was offered a position.Interview Questions
Negotiation DetailsNo negotiation. Consider the full benefits package as it is very very good.Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
- They did ask some specific claims related questions like what are the 4 parts to liability? Answer Question
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
Capital Insurance Group® (CIG) is the leading regional property and casualty insurer serving the Western United States. Since 1898, CIG has been dedicated to serving and protecting our communities by partnering with local Independent Insurance Advisors, supporting local charities, and hosting community-focused events. The relationships we have established with our clients over...
Mission: Capital Insurance Group is committed to being the premier regional insurer for agents, business partners, and policy clients, as well as the employer of choice in the...