(Winner: Employee Video Contest | Why I Love Working At Cartus)
Cartus is a highly successful industry leader in global mobility management. With nearly 60 years' of mobility/relocation experience, we offer our employees a great opportunity to learn and grow. Located in offices throughout North America, Europe and Asia, our nearly 3,000 employees exemplify our position as an industry leader, staffed with dedicated teams of seasoned professionals.
At the heart of our organization are the teams who help corporations, government agencies and membership organizations with job-related transfers and personal moves. Their relocation expertise ranges from employee counseling to financial accounting and strategic change-management consulting. Our professionals also include area experts, contract training consultants, and language trainers, who participate in our worldwide intercultural and language-training programs. Our goal is to move each employee quickly and efficiently, providing exceptional service during each step of the process.
Making sure that we have the most dedicated and talented employees is critical to our edge as the global industry leader, so we’ve invested in attracting, developing, retaining, and motivating the best talent in the industry. Our work/life initiatives and benefits are outstanding. Our technology and training will keep you on the cutting edge of the industry.
Most of all, however, we want all of our employees to enjoy coming to work every day. At Cartus, you'll find an environment and an atmosphere that will make you want to join — and to grow — with our team.
Employees of Realogy, NRT, RFG, TRG and Cartus please use your local intranet website or the Realogy AtHome website to apply for a vacancy.
Partnerships are developed through mutual trust and respect. Cartus recognizes the value of a successful partnership, guiding relationships through important areas of distinction to make our client’s relocation program run smoothly: taking care of people, eliminating surprises, simplifying jobs, and bringing optimal efficiency.
Delivering a truly comprehensive range of relocation services is also paramount to building a strong partnership that will stand the test of time. As a result, Cartus provides thoughtful and practical solutions to our clients, offers creative solutions to today’s relocation challenges, and provides high-touch service through the most experienced team in the industry.
We offer trusted guidance – for every move you make.
- Serve corporate, government, and membership organizations.
- Expansive footprint that allows us to provide services into and out of more than 165 countries.
- Nearly 60 years of relocation experience.
- Global client base serving half of the Fortune 50 in a wide variety of industries.
- Nearly 3,000 employees worldwide.
- Supports more than 165,000 customers annually.
Cartus is the trusted partner of organizations of every size, worldwide – leveraging our reach, resources, and experience to provide an unmatched combination of services.
We come to work every day to help our customers and clients succeed, fulfilling the needs and earning the trust of those whose lives we touch.
We will provide trusted guidance by sharing and leveraging our vast body of knowledge and experience to create superior solutions, build relationships, and bring more value to all our stakeholders.
We will work together each day to achieve excellence in all we do, fostering trust and confirming our leadership position in the markets we serve.
- SERVICE: We are defined by our service.
- FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY: We manage all resources as if they were our own.
- RESPECT: We respect others and treat people well.
- COLLABORATION: We are better when we work together.
- ETHICAL BEHAVIOR: We do the right thing.
The people of Cartus are generous, involved, and committed to changing things for the better. It’s part of our company culture, not only in supporting our clients and customers, but also in a broader spirit of giving and inclusiveness. This spirit of contribution shows itself in a variety of activities and motivates Cartus to make this a great place for our employees to work.
Diversity is a defining characteristic of the Cartus workforce and a core element of our culture. Our personal differences in intercultural perspective, life experience, and talents represent valuable assets in working together. In addition, a diverse workplace and supplier network contribute to our effectiveness as a service enterprise.
Cartus employees are dedicated, compassionate corporate citizens who support a wide variety of charities and organizations that work to improve our community and our world.
Employer of Choice
With a focus on wellness and work/life balance, Cartus remains an employer of choice. We understand the importance of recognizing our people as individuals, with personal lives and interests, and support their ability to maintain a well-rounded life.
Cartus has a long-standing organizational commitment to environmentally responsible policies and practices and has been actively creating programs to help protect the environment. At the same time, our employees bring their own personal passion for conservation to the workplace.
Being inclusive is at the core of Cartus’ success. Our goal is to recognize and celebrate the advantages our diverse workforce adds to our journey to become a global, relocation employer of choice. Diversity improves the quality of our global workforce and, therefore, is a catalyst for a better return on our investments.
By creating an inclusive organization where everyone—from employees to vendors, from Danbury to Singapore—feels valued, we promote creativity and cooperation. And by all measures Cartus is a highly diverse organization; our employees speak more than 50 languages.
The Global Diversity & Inclusion Council, active for 10 years and executive sponsored by president Kevin Kelleher, coordinates activities across the company. Regional councils are active in Irving, TX, Redmond, WA, and Singapore, as well as in our headquarters of Danbury, CT. Also, employee Network Groups help employees build strong relationships and learn about others in our company. Examples range from groups with common backgrounds, such as the Women’s Network (in both Danbury and Irving) and the Cancer Support Network, to common interest groups, such as Bible study and photography.
To further reinforce and encourage the message of global inclusion, local diversity councils conduct activities including ethnic cuisine tasting, music and dance demonstrations, roundtable discussions, guest speakers, and multi-cultural training sessions.
Cartus is a committed, caring, corporate citizen, providing support to individuals and institutions that are working to improve our world. In a typical year, Cartus employees donate more than 25,000 hours to local communities through charities and causes.
In the United States, Cartus employees have donated time and effort to organizations as varied as Habitat for Humanity, United Way, the American Red Cross, Community Health Charities, American Cancer Society, Junior Achievement, and the March of Dimes.
In the United Kingdom, collections from casual day and one-off charity events raised money for The Prospect Foundation. On Jeans for Genes day, Cartus employees made charitable contributions for the privilege of wearing their jeans to work.
In our Asia Pacific region, our employees’ broad charitable endeavors include teaching English to disadvantaged children, raising funds for Riding for the Disabled Association of Singapore, and Trailwalker, a 100K race that supports Oxfam, an international development organization.
Worldwide, Cartus supports many global charities (including Comic Relief, Doctors Without Borders, Save the Children, and Children in Need), as well as the charities of our individual employees.
Giving Back Award
As a service company, helping others is what we do. That's why, each year, our Giving Back Award recognizes truly exceptional Cartus employees who make a difference in their communities through mentoring, school sponsorships, fundraising, food drives, blood drives, or in countless other ways. Three Giving Back Award winners each receive a commemorative gift and financial contribution to the charity of his or her choice.
Citizenship, Employer of Choice
At Cartus, work/life programs help attract and retain the richness of talent that strengthens Cartus as a corporation and leading provider of relocation services. Our work/life initiatives have earned awards from the Society for Human Resource Management and HR Magazine. Our training programs have gained recognition, as well, in the United States as a Top 125 Training Magazine company and recipient of the Excellence in Practice Citation from the American Society for Training and Development (ASTD).
Our global Wellness Program covers a broad range of initiatives, including health screenings, “Lunch & Learns,” and the annual Wellness Fair, among other events in our offices around the world.
· The Wellness Fair, conducted annually since 2003, features dozens of exhibit booths/tables sponsored by local practitioners and organizations involved in health-related activities.
· Lunch & Learns are educational presentations featuring health professionals given during the lunch hour on a wide variety of health-related topics, from Women and Heart Disease to Acupuncture and Medicine.
· Health screenings, from blood pressure to mammography, are an important Cartus initiative across the globe.
· Our Wellness Center in Danbury saves employees an average of $86,000 in annual co-pays.
· The Realogy iThrive Program (our parent company). Accessed through the company intranet, iThrive targets health, fitness, prevention, and education topics that complement our local programs.
Because we understand that our employees have responsibilities outside the workplace, we have created an environment that helps them enjoy a healthy, satisfying work/life balance. Toward that end, Cartus offers supportive programs in our different regions of the world, including:
- Flexible work scheduling
- Career development, including projects, assignments, job changes and promotional opportunities
- Professional development programs
- Job shadowing
- Tuition assistance/reimbursement
- Exercise programs
- Onsite concierge amenities
- Lactation room
- Family and fun events (including book clubs, onsite events, holiday celebrations and more)
Citizenship, Environmental Stewardship
Our commitment to conservation led to the formation of the Cartus Conservation Committee in 2002. Today, Cartus has conservation/green committees in relocation service centers worldwide. The Conservation Committee is a driving force responsible for implementing formal company policies that reduce the company’s impact on the environment, introducing measures that are practical, economical, and environmentally beneficial.
The Conservation Committee’s initiatives include recycling, paper conservation, Earth Day events, Adopt-a-Street, and ridesharing, highlighted by the following:
- Cartus’ office supply recycling program saves the company an estimated US$25,000 annually.
- The Danbury Earth Day event, active for the past ten years, attracts hundreds of employees. A total of 20 vendors participated, their products and services ranging from energy efficient lighting to hybrid cars.
- The Cartus ridesharing program has achieved continued success, including awards received since 2006. Cartus has been recognized with a Best Workplace for Commuters Gold Medal award in the National Center for Transit Research’s “Race to Excellence,” as well as a Silver Medal.
- 2013 American Expatriate Management & Mobility Awards "Thought Leadership—Best Survey or Research Study of the Year"
- 2013 Asia Expatriate Management & Mobility Awards Best Vendor Partnership award with our client Proctor & Gamble (P&G)
- 2013 Asia Expatriate Management & Mobility Awards Most Innovative Use of Technology in Global Mobility
- 2013 Asia Expatriate Management & Mobility Awards Relocation Management Company of the Year (second year in a row)
- Human Resources Outsourcing Association (HROA) Customer Reltaionship of the Year award
- Most Innovative Use of Technologyin Global Mobility (Highly Commended), The Forum of Expatriate Management
- 2012 and 2013 Ethisphere Institute's Most Ethical Companies (Realogy)
- Top Work Places in Connecticut
- Human Resources Team of the Year (Finalist), Stevie Awards
- Relocation Management Company of the Year, The Forum of Expatriate Management
- Training Top 125
- Key Supplier Award, AVAYA
Cartus is proud to offer wide-ranging Health and Welfare Benefits to our team of relocation professionals. Our benefits include:
* Comprehensive programs
o Life insurance
* 401(k) savings plan with company match
* Flexible spending accounts
* Generous paid time off benefits
* Employee assistance program
* Employee discounts
* Charitable matching
* Domestic partner benefits
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Cartus full-time (more than an year)Pros
My co workers were awesome! Quick promotion if you put in the work. Benefits were great. Great people, environment, and atmosphere.Cons
Micromanaging and too quick of a employee turn over in production.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Some production goals were unrealisticRecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week – interviewed at Cartus.Interview Details
I was contacted by a recruiter for Lead Oracle Developer role, telephonic interview (technical) with 2 persons on call, one is the Director of IT and the other Manager. Started with basic stuff, then went into specifics, nothing special, usual ERP questions. Within a day, recruiter got back saying they are interested to move further and I went for an in person interview. Interview timing is a bit weird (evening 4.30 and it went on till 6.30pm), I met the same persons who Interviewed me on phone and 1 more developer who was not on call earlier. Developer interviewed me for close to 30 mins and then another 30-45 mins with the other 2. Then the Sr Director also joined at a later point of time. Process is relatively easy.Reasons for Declining
I got another offer for the same salary that they offered, but the way they interviewed is not nice, Manager and director was talking as if they do rocket science and belittling other companies (particularly my then current employer) and when asked about career advancement opportunities, I was told there would be non and I will doing the same thing even after 5 years. That's a deal breaker for me.Declined OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
Cartus is the industry leader in global mobility and workforce development support to organizations worldwide. Our global client base includes corporate, government and membership organizations of all sizes and types. Our broad base of services supports both managers and transferring employees with cost-effective, customized services.
Mission: We come to work every day to help our customers and clients succeed, fulfilling the needs and earning the trust of those whose lives we touch.