(Winner: Employee Video Contest | Why I Love Working At Cartus)
Cartus is a highly successful industry leader in global mobility management. With nearly 60 years' of mobility/relocation experience, we offer our employees a great opportunity to learn and grow. Located in offices throughout North America, Europe and Asia, our nearly 3,000 employees exemplify our position as an industry leader, staffed with dedicated teams of seasoned professionals.
At the heart of our organization are the teams who help corporations, government agencies and membership organizations with job-related transfers and personal moves. Their relocation expertise ranges from employee counseling to financial accounting and strategic change-management consulting. Our professionals also include area experts, contract training consultants, and language trainers, who participate in our worldwide intercultural and language-training programs. Our goal is to move each employee quickly and efficiently, providing exceptional service during each step of the process.
Making sure that we have the most dedicated and talented employees is critical to our edge as the global industry leader, so we’ve invested in attracting, developing, retaining, and motivating the best talent in the industry. Our work/life initiatives and benefits are outstanding. Our technology and training will keep you on the cutting edge of the industry.
Most of all, however, we want all of our employees to enjoy coming to work every day. At Cartus, you'll find an environment and an atmosphere that will make you want to join — and to grow — with our team.
Employees of Realogy, NRT, RFG, TRG and Cartus please use your local intranet website or the Realogy AtHome website to apply for a vacancy.
Partnerships are developed through mutual trust and respect. Cartus recognizes the value of a successful partnership, guiding relationships through important areas of distinction to make our client’s relocation program run smoothly: taking care of people, eliminating surprises, simplifying jobs, and bringing optimal efficiency.
Delivering a truly comprehensive range of relocation services is also paramount to building a strong partnership that will stand the test of time. As a result, Cartus provides thoughtful and practical solutions to our clients, offers creative solutions to today’s relocation challenges, and provides high-touch service through the most experienced team in the industry.
We offer trusted guidance – for every move you make.
- Serve corporate, government, and membership organizations.
- Expansive footprint that allows us to provide services into and out of more than 165 countries.
- Nearly 60 years of relocation experience.
- Global client base serving half of the Fortune 50 in a wide variety of industries.
- Nearly 3,000 employees worldwide.
- Supports more than 165,000 customers annually.
Cartus is the trusted partner of organizations of every size, worldwide – leveraging our reach, resources, and experience to provide an unmatched combination of services.
We come to work every day to help our customers and clients succeed, fulfilling the needs and earning the trust of those whose lives we touch.
We will provide trusted guidance by sharing and leveraging our vast body of knowledge and experience to create superior solutions, build relationships, and bring more value to all our stakeholders.
We will work together each day to achieve excellence in all we do, fostering trust and confirming our leadership position in the markets we serve.
- SERVICE: We are defined by our service.
- FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY: We manage all resources as if they were our own.
- RESPECT: We respect others and treat people well.
- COLLABORATION: We are better when we work together.
- ETHICAL BEHAVIOR: We do the right thing.
The people of Cartus are generous, involved, and committed to changing things for the better. It’s part of our company culture, not only in supporting our clients and customers, but also in a broader spirit of giving and inclusiveness. This spirit of contribution shows itself in a variety of activities and motivates Cartus to make this a great place for our employees to work.
Diversity is a defining characteristic of the Cartus workforce and a core element of our culture. Our personal differences in intercultural perspective, life experience, and talents represent valuable assets in working together. In addition, a diverse workplace and supplier network contribute to our effectiveness as a service enterprise.
Cartus employees are dedicated, compassionate corporate citizens who support a wide variety of charities and organizations that work to improve our community and our world.
Employer of Choice
With a focus on wellness and work/life balance, Cartus remains an employer of choice. We understand the importance of recognizing our people as individuals, with personal lives and interests, and support their ability to maintain a well-rounded life.
Cartus has a long-standing organizational commitment to environmentally responsible policies and practices and has been actively creating programs to help protect the environment. At the same time, our employees bring their own personal passion for conservation to the workplace.
Being inclusive is at the core of Cartus’ success. Our goal is to recognize and celebrate the advantages our diverse workforce adds to our journey to become a global, relocation employer of choice. Diversity improves the quality of our global workforce and, therefore, is a catalyst for a better return on our investments.
By creating an inclusive organization where everyone—from employees to vendors, from Danbury to Singapore—feels valued, we promote creativity and cooperation. And by all measures Cartus is a highly diverse organization; our employees speak more than 50 languages.
The Global Diversity & Inclusion Council, active for 10 years and executive sponsored by president Kevin Kelleher, coordinates activities across the company. Regional councils are active in Irving, TX, Redmond, WA, and Singapore, as well as in our headquarters of Danbury, CT. Also, employee Network Groups help employees build strong relationships and learn about others in our company. Examples range from groups with common backgrounds, such as the Women’s Network (in both Danbury and Irving) and the Cancer Support Network, to common interest groups, such as Bible study and photography.
To further reinforce and encourage the message of global inclusion, local diversity councils conduct activities including ethnic cuisine tasting, music and dance demonstrations, roundtable discussions, guest speakers, and multi-cultural training sessions.
Cartus is a committed, caring, corporate citizen, providing support to individuals and institutions that are working to improve our world. In a typical year, Cartus employees donate more than 25,000 hours to local communities through charities and causes.
In the United States, Cartus employees have donated time and effort to organizations as varied as Habitat for Humanity, United Way, the American Red Cross, Community Health Charities, American Cancer Society, Junior Achievement, and the March of Dimes.
In the United Kingdom, collections from casual day and one-off charity events raised money for The Prospect Foundation. On Jeans for Genes day, Cartus employees made charitable contributions for the privilege of wearing their jeans to work.
In our Asia Pacific region, our employees’ broad charitable endeavors include teaching English to disadvantaged children, raising funds for Riding for the Disabled Association of Singapore, and Trailwalker, a 100K race that supports Oxfam, an international development organization.
Worldwide, Cartus supports many global charities (including Comic Relief, Doctors Without Borders, Save the Children, and Children in Need), as well as the charities of our individual employees.
Giving Back Award
As a service company, helping others is what we do. That's why, each year, our Giving Back Award recognizes truly exceptional Cartus employees who make a difference in their communities through mentoring, school sponsorships, fundraising, food drives, blood drives, or in countless other ways. Three Giving Back Award winners each receive a commemorative gift and financial contribution to the charity of his or her choice.
Citizenship, Employer of Choice
At Cartus, work/life programs help attract and retain the richness of talent that strengthens Cartus as a corporation and leading provider of relocation services. Our work/life initiatives have earned awards from the Society for Human Resource Management and HR Magazine. Our training programs have gained recognition, as well, in the United States as a Top 125 Training Magazine company and recipient of the Excellence in Practice Citation from the American Society for Training and Development (ASTD).
Our global Wellness Program covers a broad range of initiatives, including health screenings, “Lunch & Learns,” and the annual Wellness Fair, among other events in our offices around the world.
· The Wellness Fair, conducted annually since 2003, features dozens of exhibit booths/tables sponsored by local practitioners and organizations involved in health-related activities.
· Lunch & Learns are educational presentations featuring health professionals given during the lunch hour on a wide variety of health-related topics, from Women and Heart Disease to Acupuncture and Medicine.
· Health screenings, from blood pressure to mammography, are an important Cartus initiative across the globe.
· Our Wellness Center in Danbury saves employees an average of $86,000 in annual co-pays.
· The Realogy iThrive Program (our parent company). Accessed through the company intranet, iThrive targets health, fitness, prevention, and education topics that complement our local programs.
Because we understand that our employees have responsibilities outside the workplace, we have created an environment that helps them enjoy a healthy, satisfying work/life balance. Toward that end, Cartus offers supportive programs in our different regions of the world, including:
- Flexible work scheduling
- Career development, including projects, assignments, job changes and promotional opportunities
- Professional development programs
- Job shadowing
- Tuition assistance/reimbursement
- Exercise programs
- Onsite concierge amenities
- Lactation room
- Family and fun events (including book clubs, onsite events, holiday celebrations and more)
Citizenship, Environmental Stewardship
Our commitment to conservation led to the formation of the Cartus Conservation Committee in 2002. Today, Cartus has conservation/green committees in relocation service centers worldwide. The Conservation Committee is a driving force responsible for implementing formal company policies that reduce the company’s impact on the environment, introducing measures that are practical, economical, and environmentally beneficial.
The Conservation Committee’s initiatives include recycling, paper conservation, Earth Day events, Adopt-a-Street, and ridesharing, highlighted by the following:
- Cartus’ office supply recycling program saves the company an estimated US$25,000 annually.
- The Danbury Earth Day event, active for the past ten years, attracts hundreds of employees. A total of 20 vendors participated, their products and services ranging from energy efficient lighting to hybrid cars.
- The Cartus ridesharing program has achieved continued success, including awards received since 2006. Cartus has been recognized with a Best Workplace for Commuters Gold Medal award in the National Center for Transit Research’s “Race to Excellence,” as well as a Silver Medal.
- World's Most Ethical Companies Award (Realogy): dedicated to the creation, advancement, and sharing of best practices in business ethics, corporate social responsibility, anticorruption, and sustainability, from the Ethisphere® Institute.
- Best Growing Talent Initiative Award: celebrated the Cartus EMEA internship programme at the 2014 Re:locate Magazine Awards.
- Pike's Peak Performance Award: formal recognition of trainers or organizations who have transformed their training by implementing innovative, results-based techniques.
- The Excellence in Employee Work-Life Balance Gold Award: recognizes best practices that enable employees to achieve a healthy work-life balance, from Human Resources magazine, Singapore.
- Work-Life Achiever Award: recognizes great employers and organizations for efforts and dedication in driving effective work-life strategies and practices having a positive impact on people and business, from the 2012 Singapore Tripartite Committee on Work-Life Strategy.
- Singapore HEALTH Awards (Helping Employees Achieve Lifetime Health): Gold Award for our dedicated workplace health and wellness activities.
- Training Magazine's Top 125 Companies: Cartus named to list for 13th consecutive year.
- Top Workplaces: for being a better place to work and more likely to succeed than peer organizations, from Hearst Connecticut Newspapers.
- Exceptional Workplace Health and Wellness Program: Karl J. Krapek Health Promotion Award and Business Council of Fairfield County (CT) Platinum Award Winner for efforts in promoting a healthy workplace.
- Best Workplaces for Commuters: recognizes Cartus ridesharing initiatives from the University of South Florida National Center for Transit Research.
- Best Survey/Research Study of the Year: Talent Management and the Changing Assignee Profile, recognized for its structured approach with broad information gathering and in-depth strategic analysis, from the Forum for Expatriate Management.
- Creative Application of Technology Award: CartusMobileSM, which enhances and integrates communication between clients, assignees, and Cartus, from Re:locate Magazine.
- Most Innovative Use of Technology in Global Mobility: recognition for CartusMobileSM as innovative, secure, and easy to use, from the Forum for Expatriate Management.
- CQIA Honors: 290 awards over 18 years including cost savings, service-improvement projects, and initiatives in finance, real estate, client services, and safety, from the Connecticut Quality Improvement Award Partnership.
- ISO 9001:2008 Certification: global supplier selection and management processes.
- SSAE 16: from the CPA firm of McGladrey for relocation accounting best practices.
Cartus is proud to offer wide-ranging Health and Welfare Benefits to our team of relocation professionals. Our benefits include:
* Comprehensive programs
o Life insurance
* 401(k) savings plan with company match
* Flexible spending accounts
* Generous paid time off benefits
* Employee assistance program
* Employee discounts
* Charitable matching
* Domestic partner benefits
Approves of CEO
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I worked at Cartus full-time
Great company which promotes diversity
Low salaries and no career path planning programs. They have great leadership program for chosen group of future managers.
Advice to Management
Do not keep the best employees in one place.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Accepted Offer
One interview with Finance Manager. Asked about knowledge on excel and interest in accounting, group projects. I explained that I'm comfortable working with groups and alone. I gave two examples where I could have struggled with one of the working preferences and how I was able to handle it maturely and efficiently.
- Do you have a valid working visa Answer Question
Cartus is the industry leader in global mobility and workforce development support to organizations worldwide. Our global client base includes corporate, government and membership organizations of all sizes and types. Our broad base of services supports both managers and transferring employees with cost-effective, customized services.
Mission: We come to work every day to help our customers and clients succeed, fulfilling the needs and earning the trust of those whose lives we touch.