Built for Mobile Game Developers
Free Cross Promotion. Buy and sell mobile ads directly with other developers in the Direct Deals marketplace. Plus the largest mobile games-only ad network with interstitial and mobile video ads. All with unprecedented transparency and data to help you drive intelligent decisions.
Developers are the heroes of the gaming world.
Without your creativity we wouldn't have Mario, we'd be deprived of Master Chief and Zelda would be nothing more than a twinkle in someone's eye. We want to help you succeed and build a business around your great ideas. We love working with you, we love telling your stories, and we love making a difference in your business.
Small Company, Big Impact
We're a rapidly growing startup, building a technology platform that helps mobile game developers acquire more users, monetize more effectively, and make data-driven decisions. Each month, we reach 600 million people and power 20 billion game sessions in every corner of the globe. We're looking for game changers who want to help others, tackle big problems, and have fun doing it.
In addition to competetive pay and equity in one of the most successful startups around, we offer:
- 20 days of PTO, and 10 paid holidays (including your birthday!)
- $130/mo in commuter benefits to offset costs for parking or public transit. An additional $250/mo can be expensed for Taxi/Uber/Lyft/SideCar or Parking to help get you to/from the office.
- Fully paid medical, dental, and vision plans for employees and 95% paid for spouses and dependents.
- Catered breakfast on Mondays, lunch on Tuesdays and Fridays and dinner every evening (you're certainly not expected to eat dinner at the office, but if you're still working at 6:00, you shouldn't do it hungry). Plus, fully stocked kitchens with snacks and drinks on every floor.
Our technology stack includes Hadoop, Hive, HDFS, HBase Spark, Scala, Python, Java, Jenkins, Scalding, multiple NoSQL storage systems, AWS, Git, Jenkins, Zipkin and Puppet. Our developers own both unit and integration tests to ensure high quality in our products. You have the opportunity to evaluate new technologies and use them to design better and more reliable systems.
We work at massive scale, handling 10s of thousands of events per second and work with hundreds of TBs of data. Our products reach over 600 million people around the globe every month so we have tons of great opportunities and challenges to sink your teeth into as an Engineer, whether your focus is Front End, Back End, Data Science/Machine Learning, Analytics or anything in between.
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Chartboost full-time (Less than a year)Doesn't RecommendNegative OutlookDisapproves of CEODoesn't RecommendNegative OutlookDisapproves of CEO
- Low hiring bar (for those who want a job)
- Chill work culture
- Low expectations
- Financially stable (has revenue)
All the comments in thie review are personal views. Reader should decide for him/herself.
- Salary below market rate
- Extremely cheap on stock options (don't expect to make money from stocks)
- Higher execs don't know what they want
- Product Managers are untechical
- Frequent reorgs (happened just about every quarter in 2014)
- More face time than actual delivery
- Approved projects getting no support
- Communication between teams not effective
- Managers and higher execs exhibit favoritism
- Tremendous amounts of politics required for projects to be approved
- Upper execs blame employees
- Little reward for hard work
- Low hiring bar (for those who want better engineering experience)
- People practice more politics than actual work and team members backstab each other
- Identity crisis
- Lack of focus
Advice to Management
Lots of work ahead but still possible to have a good exit. May need to treat employees better in order of keep talent. Recommended to promote fair work culture and fight favoritism.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Helpful (2)No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Chartboost.
Coding Challenge (4 Questions in 60 mins) and final round interview with member of specific team. The final round interview consisted of a person from the team asking me a lot of specific knowledge based questions off a list that required you to have a deep knowledge of the topic. Also before moving on to the next topic, he would ask to rate yourself on a scale from 1 to 10 about how well you knew a particular topic without providing context of what a 10 on the scale represents. The interviewer actually didn't even know if I was interning for an internship or full time before I told him in the beginning of the interview.
- Detecting memory leaks in Java? Interprocess communication in Android? A lot of specific knowledge based questions that do not really provide good representation of someone's technical ability 4 Answers
Chartboost is the the world’s largest mobile games-only platform, helping developers grow their audience, monetize, and make better data-driven decision. We work with 90% of the top-grossing iOS and Android game developers and are currently being leveraged by over 150,000 games, reaching 600 million active players around the world every month. We offer a simple SDK enabling...
Mission: To build an industry that empowers developer success in freemium economies.