- Chesapeake Energy update4 days ago
Chesapeake Energy closes Southern Marcellus and Utica Shale sale; Announces $1 billion common stock repurchase authorization http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vIzJA
- Chesapeake Energy update16 days ago
Providing a safe work environment for employees, contractors, landowners and the communities where we operate is our number one priority. VIDEO: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vIzkM
We're firm believers that our people are the key to our success. We take pride in recruiting the best talent available for every facet of our business. Our energetic and entrepreneurial spirit has enabled us to grow from a startup to one of the nation's largest and most successful natural gas producers in just over 20 years. Our success is a direct result of the contributions and work ethic of the most talented work force in the industry.
Chesapeake has developed an environment that offers real opportunity, achievement and advancement. Our culture fosters a spirit of pride, accomplishment and camaraderie that makes Chesapeake a great place to work and have fun. Our compensation and benefits package is among the best in the industry, and the beautiful campus setting of our corporate headquarters offers employees state-of-the-art facilities that house some of the industry's most advanced technologies.
Take a look at some of the benefits our employees enjoy:
- Collaborative and entrepreneurial culture
- Stock grants for all employees
- Full compensation reviews twice a year
- Unsurpassed 401(k) match (100% of the first 15% of an employee contribution)
- Generous health, dental and life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and personal leave
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
Our beautiful corporate campus features:
- On-site health and dental center
- 72,000-square-foot, on-site fitness center with numerous amenities, including an Olympic-sized pool, a sand volleyball court and a quarter-mile walking track
- Five on-site gourmet restaurants
- The Blue and Green Room Theaters – for meetings and movie nights
Chesapeake offers our employees the opportunity to achieve great success both personally and professionally. Our management team has confidence in our employees and empowers them to think on their feet, make decisions and deliver results that help us remain at the forefront of the industry.
Our employees take pride in knowing they are part of America’s energy solution as we work to produce clean-burning natural gas. With at least a 100-year supply located in the U.S., natural gas can help end the nation’s dependency on foreign oil, while creating jobs and revenue to fuel local economies. It also provides an environmentally friendly source of power and a viable transportation solution. This dedication to fueling America’s future is the same commitment we feel toward creating an environment employees are proud to be a part of. Chesapeake takes:
- A team approach to projects, and providing the opportunity to continue to learn while working with the industry's best professionals
- Pride in being recognized as an industry leader
- A dynamic leadership approach with few layers between employees and senior management
- The initiative to learn and grow in a fast-paced and changing industry
- A commitment to career growth based on ability rather than longevity
All of these factors and more have helped Chesapeake continue to be recognized for our success:
- FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for the sixth consecutive year
- G.I. Jobs Top 100 Military Friendly Employer
- Computerworld Magazine Best Places to Work in IT list
- Outside Magazine's Best Places to Work list
- Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption – 100 Best Adoption Friendly Workplace list
- The American Heart Association Fit Friendly-Platinum Company
- Platt Energy Awards – 2011 Industry Leadership Award and Deal of the Year Award; 2009 Energy Producer of the Year and Industry Leadership Award; and 2008 Hydrocarbon Producer of the Year
Chesapeake is proud to produce an American product that creates American jobs and reduces our dependence on foreign oil. At Chesapeake we share your commitment to freedom, and we value the leadership, discipline and unique skills that come from serving in the armed forces.
With more than 1,100 military veterans in our ranks, we recognize what valuable assets military personnel have brought to our company. To help us continue to fuel America’s future, Chesapeake plans to hire more than 500 veterans in 2012. Military men and women with engineering or manufacturing skills are particularly suited for a number of opportunities with Chesapeake.
In addition to being ranked on FORTUNE magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for six consecutive years and being showcased as a military friendly employer by Veteran Central, we have also been recognized as:
- G.I. Jobs Top 100 Military Friendly Employers — 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013
- CivilianJobs.com Most Valuable Employers for Military — 2010, 2011 and 2012
- JPMorgan's Advisory Board of 100,000 Jobs Mission — 2012
- Military.com Best Veteran Employers — 2012
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Hiring our Heroes Top 25 Company — 2010, 2011 and 2012
- Military Times Best for Vets: Employers Survey — 2013
- Joining Forces
- Hiring Our Heroes
Do you sometimes wonder if what you’re learning in school matters in the real world? Put it to the test in Chesapeake’s Summer Intern Program. We take promising students and put them to work on real projects in the vital natural gas and oil industry, learning skills that can apply throughout your career. Interns learn firsthand from successful professionals, tour a rig and learn about many aspects of the energy industry.
Interns spend time with members of our senior management team and other interns. Special events include the Summer Kick-off Party, go-kart racing and an Oklahoma City RedHawks baseball game. You also enjoy many of the perks of being a Chesapeake employee, including a free membership to our amazing on-site fitness center.
Our campus recruiting efforts also provide opportunities for recent and soon-to-be graduates who are looking for a full-time position to talk with our representatives and learn more about who we are and what we do.
Types of Internships
We offer internship opportunities in all areas of our business throughout the year, but our summer internship program focuses primarily on:
- Energy Management
- Law School
- MIS/Computer Science
Headquartered in Oklahoma City, our operations stretch from the mountainous Appalachian Basin in New York to the desert of New Mexico. With three regional offices located in Shreveport, Louisiana; Fort Worth, Texas; and Charleston, West Virginia; and 50 field offices located east of the Rocky Mountains, your Chesapeake opportunity is just around the corner.
Chesapeake Energy Photos
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Chesapeake EnergyPros
Our leadership is strong and our employees are the best around. We have amazing 4 restaurants, a great fitness center, and much more! The Christmas lights make campus even more beautiful during the holidays. It is so rewarding to watch this company mature. We have made many improvements in 2014 and I am excited to see what 2015 holds for us!Cons
I have worked other places and compared to them, I don't have any cons to working at Chesapeake. I feel blessed to be here.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Continue doing what we are doing to put Chesapeake first. We are a strong company and we are going to crush our competitors!RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied online. The process took 7 weeks – interviewed at Chesapeake Energy.Interview Details
In the fall of 2013, I was scheduled for a first phone interview with a recruiter from the HR department. It didn't happen. I received a second phone call from another recruiter to reschedule a phone interview. I waited the week after, nothing happened. Finally, after a week, I received another phone call to reschedule the interview that I was suppose to have initially. The person who interviewed me hinted that the first two recruiters "left" their company. The truth is that these two recruiters got laid off. This tells me a lot about the company.
Afterwards, I was able to land an onsite interview. The interview was pretty easy.Interview Questions
Reasons for Declining
- I was asked to explain my projects on my resume, how much I can bench press, and how do I learn something quickly. Answer Question
Stability is an issue for me. I am not optimistic about Chesapeake Energy after doing further research.Declined OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
Chesapeake Energy Corporation (NYSE:CHK) is the second-largest producer of natural gas and the 11th largest producer of oil and natural gas liquids in the U.S. Headquartered in Oklahoma City, the company's operations are focused on discovering and developing its large and geographically diverse resource base of unconventional natural gas and oil assets onshore in the U.S. The company also owns substantial marketing and compression businesses.