Citi works tirelessly to provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services. We strive to create the best outcomes for our clients and customers with financial solutions that are simple, creative and responsible.
Citi is today´s pre-eminent financial services company and was built to create a highly diversified financial services company that could act as one to deliver solutions to clients throughout the world.
With the most diverse array of products and the greatest distribution capacity of any financial firm in the world, our employees manage 200 million customer accounts across six continents in more than 100 countries.
Citi works tirelessly to serve individuals, communities, institutions and nations. With 200 years of experience meeting the world's toughest challenges and seizing its greatest opportunities, we strive to create the best outcomes for our clients and customers with financial solutions that are simple, creative and responsible. An institution connecting over 1,000 cities, 160 countries and millions of people, we are your global bank; we are Citi.
The Four Key Principles:
These are the values that guide us as we perform our mission.
Common Purpose One team, with one goal: serving our clients and stakeholders.
Responsible FinanceSM Conduct that is transparent, prudent and dependable.
Ingenuity Enhancing our clients' lives through innovation that harnesses the breadth and depth of our information, global network and world-class products.
Leadership Talented people with the best training who thrive in a diverse meritocracy that demands excellence initiative and courage.
We see diversity as a source of strength. Therefore, we have made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where people are promoted on their merits, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all - regardless of differences.
Our strategy focuses on four commitments:
- Employer of choice...for our employees
- Service provider of choice...for our clients
- Business partner of choice...for our suppliers
- Neighbor of choice...for our communities
Employer of Choice:
At Citi, we recognize diversity as one of our competitive advantages. In a global marketplace, it is imperative that an organization provide a wide range of ideas and solutions to its clients. A diverse workforce understands clients better and is more creative and innovative on their behalf. In turn, this can mean greater market share and greater returns for our shareholders. To seize this competitive advantage we must foster a workforce with different backgrounds, perspectives and ideas, and provide employees with a wide range of experiences and skills to develop to their full potential.
Citi serves clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels and our employee population be similar in composition to that in our local operating communities. Our strategy is designed around four pillars:
- Management Accountability: management is accountable for ensuring diversity plans are in place in their respective businesses and for measuring progress against these plans;
- Attracting Talent: we recruit through our partnerships with diverse organizations and by ensuring diverse candidates are included on candidate slates for new opportunities;
- Workforce Development: Citi's development and mentoring programs serve to ensure all individuals have an opportunity to grow and excel; and
- Work Environment: we strive to create an inclusive work environment where all our employees are treated with respect.
Our Diversity Operating Council, composed of senior diversity and human resources leaders from core businesses and regions, provides support and accountability. The Council
- regularly reviews progress against our diversity strategy;
- shares best practices across businesses;
- aligns diversity policies globally; and
- develops, promotes and executes global diversity initiatives through the business diversity councils, which focus on dimensions of diversity, including, among others, disability, ethnicity, gender, race and sexual orientation.
Our senior business managers develop diversity plans and are held accountable for progress against those plans. Annually we report progress against our goals to the full Board of Directors.
We recruit entry level employees from diverse backgrounds and strive to present a diverse pool of highly qualified candidates for management and professional opportunities. We build relationships with partners who can help us identify and recruit top talent. These partners include non-profit organizations and the career placement offices at select graduate and undergraduate schools. We also attend various conferences and recruiting fairs sponsored by associations representing diverse populations.
Our Code of Conduct prohibits discrimination and harassment. To foster a culture of acceptance and respect throughout Citi, we offer training to employees on topics such as "Championing Diversity," "Valuing Diversity and Inclusion at Citi" and "Leadership Through the Lens of Diversity."
We encourage employees to become involved as mentors and senior managers are encouraged to mentor employees and to seek out women and minority mentees.
Citi networks are employee-initiated and -led groups, organized based on affinity and are open to all employees. These groups offer opportunities for networking, mentoring, coaching and community involvement. A key tenet - consistent with Citi's diversity strategy - is that they cross-network and are inclusive of others. One program that several networks are jointly sponsoring on an on going basis is "Learn the Business," a series of presentations to educate members about Citi's products, functions and operations and help them understand career development options.
Recognized networks include:
- African Heritage
- Asian Pacific Heritage
- disABILITY (focused on people with disabilities and the caregivers of people with disabilities)
- Hispanic Heritage
- Identity (employees from different nationalities)
- Military Veterans
- Native American Heritage
- Pride (focused on lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender communities)
- Roots (multicultural)
- Working Parents
At the beginning of 2010 there were 53 employee networks in a total of four countries - Canada, the Republic of Ireland, the U.K., and the U.S. - with a total of approximately 13,500 members. In 2009 the first Military Veteran's network was recognized in New York City.
I worked at Citi full-time
Payouts are quarterly. Goals are realistic. Bonuses are base on overall branch scorecards
Branches were spread very thin and needing coverage everyday.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citi (Tampa, FL).
I was contacted by a staffing firm for the role, and then I was set up for an interview at Citi two weeks later. The first interview was with three people from the department. The second interview was with the CTO and it became more informal than formal soon into it. I was called with the offer the same afternoon.
- I was asked to compose an email on paper based on the information given and what was the most important thing to take from the email. I was also asked how to copy + paste. I was asked my familiarity with Powerpoint, Excel and Sharepoint, which I showed examples. Answer Question
This is the Citi. One of the largest financial services firms known to man, Citigroup (also known as Citi) has some 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 150 countries. It offers deposits and loans (mainly through Citibank), investment banking, brokerage, wealth management, and other financial services. Few other banks can equal Citigroup's global reach: In addition to Citibank, it owns stakes in several international regional banks and has more than 50 million Citi-branded credit cards in circulation. However, Citi has been selling dozens of ...