Clever Devices designs innovative technology solutions for all modes of public transportation, including fixed-route, bus rapid transit, paratransit and rail. Our solutions enhance mobility and help meet the public transportation challenges of communities around the world. We deliver scalable and modular Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), providing benefits to transit system operators and the riding public.
Clever Devices’ technologies advance the abilities of transit agencies to monitor and control their fleets, reduce fuel consumption, lower emissions and increase safety and security. Our solutions also improve accessibility for riders and contribute to the economic and environmental sustainability of the transit systems and the communities they serve.
Incorporated in 1988, Clever Devices is a privately-held corporation focused solely on the transit industry. Private ownership enables us to respond quickly to the needs of our clients and to changing market conditions. We are pleased to serve as trusted advisors to our clients, and we work hard to achieve long-lasting, mutually beneficial relationships.
Clever Devices’ commitment to innovation has resulted in a number of significant achievements, awards and industry firsts, including:
- 2013 - LISTnet winner for CleverCAD, our computer-aided dispatch/AVL solution
- 2012 - LISTnet winner for Automatic Vehicle Monitoring (AVM®), our vehicle health monitoring solution
- 2011 - First VoIP-based voice communications deployed at a transit system in the United States
- 2010 - Chicago Innovation Award for our BusTime® real-time passenger information system
- 2003 - First Automatic Passenger Counting system certified for National Transit Database (NTD) Reporting
- 1999 - First Automatic Vehicle Health Monitoring system installed on a public transit vehicle in the United States
- 1998 - Helen Keller Award of Appreciation for commitment to the Americans for Disabilities Act
- 1998 - New York City Transit, Department of Buses - Innovative Technology Supplier of the Year
- 1997 - First automatic voice announcement system installed on a public transit vehicle in the United States
Designing for the future...
Clever Devices solutions are designed not only to meet the needs of today’s complex transit systems but to take advantage of emerging technologies that allow expansion to meet future challenges without the need for costly upgrades.
Our clients benefit directly from our substantial and continued investment in next-generation products and advanced functionality. Our commitment to R&D ensures that our clients receive the benefits, as well as additional revenue opportunities, made available by the most up-to-date technologies. In addition, we develop custom-engineered solutions that not only meet the unique, individual challenges our clients face today, but provide the building blocks to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Our mission at Clever Devices is to provide innovative, state-of-the-art technology for public transportation, which improves the rider experience, increases safety and security, augments operational efficiencies and supports the socially and environmentally responsible use of mass transportation.
Vision and Values
It is our goal at Clever Devices to be the world’s leading provider of cutting-edge transportation technology. We strive for partnerships with customers around the globe to improve safety and reliability for all transit riders and to deliver operational efficiencies and environmental benefits for transportation providers.
At Clever Devices, we value hard work, accomplishment, respect, honesty and integrity. We expect our people to maintain high ethical standards in everything they do, both in their work for the firm and in their personal lives. We are client centric and encourage innovation and creativity. We emphasize teamwork and excellence in everything we do.
Creative, Innovative and Supportive
Let us tell you about a career at Clever Devices.
Who we are:
Incorporated in 1988, Clever Devices provides innovative, state-of-the-art transit technology solutions to public and private transportation providers to improve rider experience, facilitate efficient operations, and increase profitability. As a trusted advisor to our clients, we base our solutions around socially responsible principles of rider accessibility, sustainability, and reliability.
INDEPENDENCE is a core value. In what has become an acquisition-oriented industry, Clever Devices has the freedom to chart our own course and listen to our own conscience as we keep clients front and center.
ETHICS plays a role in everything we do. Hard work, innovation, respect, honesty, and integrity are valued. We expect our people to maintain high ethical standards in everything they do, both in their work for the firm and in their personal lives. We stand behind our values and seek clients and team members who are compatible with our way of doing business.
DIVERSITY—of people and opinions—helps us enlarge our perspective in a complex world. We believe creativity thrives in an open environment where every voice counts and dialogue is a valued currency.
INNOVATION - We don’t take the cookie cutter approach-we’re always on the lookout for new ideas. We strive to provide a supportive environment where people count on each other to create and execute the customer centric solutions for which Clever Devices is renowned. This synergy of support helps grow careers and client results.
Innovation. Cutting edge technology. Great clients. Excellent teams. Collaborative atmosphere. Room to advance. We’re committed to delivering the best to attract outstanding talent … like you!
Top Ten Reasons to Join Clever Device
- Located on beautiful Long Island close to beaches and parks
- Cutting-edge technology every day
- We make a real difference in increasing ridership of public transportation
- You get to work with the best and brightest engineers, bar none
- We are growing, and there are plenty of opportunities
- We have excellent benefit packages
- We sit on the edge of our chairs and are passionate about what we do
- We are team-centric and customer-centric in a meaningful way
- We offer training and professional development to all of our employees including our interns and associates
- We are becoming the world’s leader in transit technology
Clever Devices Photos
I worked at Clever DevicesRecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEORecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Great Company!!! Nice salary and co-workers are friendly.
Basic 9-5, has great potential to be a great working environment like google but management need to lighten up some.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
First step phone hen face to face the they will email you an offer letter it takes about 2 weeks then they will train you on there products. Then after they will give you truck and tools need for the job.
- None direct and forward Answer Question
Founded in 1987, Clever Devices is emerging as a clear leader in the transit industry, an industry that has stood the test of time. We are known for being an innovative market leader because we understand the challenges our clients face – from the bus depot to the statehouse. We understand the expectations and needs of all riders, including, and especially, the need to enhance...
Mission: Our mission at Clever Devices is to provide innovative, state of the art, technology-based solutions to public transportation which improve the rider experience...