The Best Technology Job
Ever bought a car? We’re the technology that powers every step. As the technology engine behind the second biggest purchase most people will ever make, you have the opportunity to have a dramatic impact. From sales to product management to digital marketing, our 9,000 associates are the key to the future of car-shopping.
CDK Digital Marketing offers the tools, support and training you need to execute effective Digital Marketing strategies.
- Dealer Command Center gives you insights into your programs
- CDK Digital Marketing U provides training on CDK Digital Marketing’s products and services
- Get technical support whenever you need it
You can’t quite feel the Puget Sound ocean spray on your skin, but the dazzling blue views from CDKHQ are about as close as you can get. At almost any time, you can see the Olympics and Cascades mountain ranges, watch the Great Wheel rotate on Seattle’s waterfront, or hear the roar of sports fans from CenturyLink Field and Safeco Field.
CDK's headquarters at 605 Union Station was carefully selected for myriad convenient transportation options, a thousand eateries right outside your door, and a state-of-the-art fitness center on the ground level.
A Sampling of CDK's Activities
- Weekly Cheer Thirty where the company mingles together for conversation and appetizers
- Free Bagel Fridays
- Annual St. Patrick’s Day Party
- Halloween Costume Contests
- Annual Cobalt golf tournament
- Outings to Gameworks, Mariners Games, Teatro Zinzanni and much more
Employees enjoying an advanced screening of Harry Potter at Cinerama
Working at CDK is about more than just a paycheck. CDK employees enjoy the health, safety, and security they need to provide for their families, enrich their lives, and enjoy discounts that make daily life a little better. CDK Employees receive:
- Health, medical, dental, vision, and retirement
- Prepaid ORCA Card for local transportation
- Discounted membership for onsite gym
- Exclusive ADP Discount Program for electronics, travel, local restaurants, entertainment and more
- Tuition Reimbursement and Scholarship Program
- Real Estate Services and Relocation Assistance
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at CobaltPros
Very good processors some of the bestCons
Branch manager wasn't very good
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Cobalt.Interview Details
Quick process, I found out why later. A recruiter contacted me, asked a couple of questions, and made sure I understood what the pay and commute looked like. Then I had a 1:1 phone call with the hiring manager. This was more of a "this is what we do, are you interested?" chat than a true interview. I was obviously overqualified. I ended up being invited onsite and spoke to 5 different groups of people. I got asked mostly SQL questions. These folks were clearly not aware of what the other people was asking and there was lot's of repeated questions. I learned that nobody on that team had been there for more than 3 months. I turned out this position, described as a quasi Data Science position, was really a junior analyst position, focused on extracting data and creating reports. The pay was good for this type of role, but people move on as soon as something more challenging presents itself. They are pretty much continuously filling the same positions.Interview Questions
Reasons for Declining
- A SQL query that required a not super straightforward subquery solution. Answer Question
I was overqualified and would have had to do things I was doing 10 years ago.Declined OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
Simply put, Cobalt is the best-kept secret in the technology industry. Why? Although we deal in the same advanced digital marketing capabilities employed by household brands, we are a secret due to our unique niche-automotive. Our unique sector is also our greatest asset. Unlike other software jobs out there that create abstract things for abstract purposes, work at Cobalt...
Mission: People buy cars, everyday. People shop for cars, everyday. We make the most exciting digital tools in any industry to help them do so, everyday. You should come do it...