- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Code Red full-time for more than 3 yearsPros
-Small, flexibility to do things you'd like to tackle if they fall within the larger goals of the company.
- Decent benefits.
- Free drinks and things like foosball and nights out.
- Using some interesting third party tools in their software.
- Microsoft shop, able to deal with most challenges with relative ease.Cons
The cons come from the development side. Not the business.
- The Dev manager Dwight is downright horrible to work under.
- Long hours for emergency fixes for clients.
- New clients means more long hours getting them set up and supporting them.
- If you get on the wrong side of the dev manager (dwight), even accidentally, you will reap his wrath on each and every thing you do.
- There is an inherent issue with having the Dev manager also be part owner of the company. You can't go to anyone to complain about management issues.
- No real product vision. No real project manager either. These tasks and the vision falls under the Dev manager and client requests. You can't have any and all clients requests be met. There needs to be push-back to develop the product identity and sometimes have clients work around the product identity instead of creating one-off builds and functionality for each client.Advice to ManagementAdvice
- Stop having the Dev manager also be part owner of the company.Positive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Interview Details
Pretty straight forward, they ask general OOP questions and then a brain teaser at the end. I went in and met with two developers who asked questions about interfaces, classes, inheritance, and then gave a problem at at the end that I actually couldn't figure out but it was not an issue. I then got my offer almost immediately after the interview and had a good experience there.Interview Questions
- There were really no tricks at all Answer Question
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –