Columbus McKinnon Corporation (NASDAQ: CMCO) is a leading designer and manufacturer of material handling products, systems and services which efficiently and ergonomically move, lift, position or secure material. Columbus McKinnon's key products include hoists, cranes, actuators, chain and forged attachments. The Company's products serve a wide variety of commercial and industrial applications that require the safety and quality provided by Columbus McKinnon's superior product design and engineering know-how. The Company's stable of well known brand names include CM, Coffing, Duff-Norton, Pfaff, Shaw-Box and Yale. These brands hold a commanding share in the U.S. market and a growing presence abroad. Headquartered in Amherst, NY, Columbus McKinnon has a long and rich history of accomplishments dating back to 1875.
Our Associates are a tremendously important part of our Columbus McKinnon Corporate Strategy,
as indicated by the following reference in our "Core Values" and "Guiding Principles":
We value innovation, quality and craftsmanship in all aspects of performance:
- By being innovators in the highest quality products, services, and processes.
- By actively participating on teams that continually improve our business.
- By encouraging creative, cooperative, value-added activity.
We value each other and our diverse backgrounds:
- By being honest, fair and respectful.
- By enabling, recognizing, and rewarding superior performance and not accepting complacency.
- By communicating openly and directly, but always tactfully.
- By providing a safe, pleasant working environment that allows each Associate
to perform to the maximum of their abilities.
These Core Values are part of the foundation for our strategy to achieve Superior Customer Excellence; our Key Initiatives, of which "People Excellence" is one, are built upon this foundation.
People Excellence includes our goal to have Associates in our operations who are working in challenging, exciting, and rewarding positions in a pleasant and safe work environment, with opportunities for career growth. Associate, management and leadership training and development are all emphasized.
Please take a look at the career opportunities that we have to offer. We feel strongly that your growth in Columbus McKinnon Corporation will help our growth!
Columbus McKinnon Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Columbus McKinnon Corporation will not discriminate against persons because of their disability, including disabled veterans, and will make responsible accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities.
We are passionate about helping our customers succeed:
- By understanding and exceeding their unique needs
- By responding and delivering on a timely basis
We innovate and strive for quality, safety and continuous improvement in all aspects of performance:
- By delivering the highest quality products, services, and processes
- By creating a world class safety environment
- By using Lean principles and actively involving employees to continually improve our business
- By partnering with best in class suppliers
We value our people and our diverse backgrounds:
- By being honest, fair, and respectful
- By communicating openly and directly, but always tactfully
- By providing a team-oriented working environment that encourages each Associate to perform to the maximum of his/her abilities
- By striving to make our Company a great place to work
We strive for success in all aspects of our business and value all of our stakeholders:
- By seeking a healthy profit
- By holding ourselves to the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct
- By being action-oriented, while always considering the implications of our actions
- By recognizing superior performance
- By being a model corporate citizen, contributing to the communities in which we operate
Columbus McKinnon Photos
Helpful (1)RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Great place to work. Employees and staff very caring.
It is hard to get employment there.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Columbus McKinnon (Amherst, NY).
The initial communication included a direct contact on LinkedIn from the recruiter. From here we moved to a series of phone interviews followed by a face to face interview with the recruiter and department manager. The recruiter was very personable and welcoming. She seemed very sincere in everything we discussed and was one of the nicest recruiters I’ve ever been contacted by in my professional career.
- What kind of management style would you impliment. 1 Answer
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
The phrase "need a lift?" takes on a whole new meaning at Columbus McKinnon. The company is one of North America's largest producers of equipment for lifting, positioning, or securing all kinds of large materials. Columbus McKinnon's hoists, cranes, actuators, and steel lifting and rigging tools are used in construction, general manufacturing and industrial ...
Mission: To be the global leader in providing products and application knowledge to help customers lift, position or secure materials easily and safely.