- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Consolidated Electrical full-time for more than 3 yearsPros
- Excellent training provided
- Friendly work environment
- Decent benefits
- Opportunity to deal with people from all over the country regardless of position or location.
- In general, your coworkers will be hard-working, smart, industrious and helpful people.
- Management is responsive to most matters outside of compensation.Cons
- Difficulties with advancement and career progression due to extremely flat corporate structure.
- Nepotism is a real problem
- Unless you are in a commissioned sales position, pay is lower than market average.
- A large portion of your paycheck is tied to "profit-sharing." This is essentially a bonus program that rewards you based on how the company did that year along with your manager's evaluation of your performance. This makes annual pay levels a bit difficult to predict as you could have an excellent year, but if sales are down, so is your paycheck and the "profit-sharing" is just not there to reward you.
- The company also utilizes "profit-sharing" as the way of granting "raises." Base-pay increases are extremely rare regardless of position in the company.Advice to ManagementAdvice
- Office/Company culture is currently in an excellent place, work to maintain that.
- Consider moving pay up to a competitive level within the industry. I believe it will go a long way towards personnel retention and acquiring top talent.RecommendsPositive OutlookNo opinion of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Consolidated Electrical.Interview Details
Interview process was thorough. Contained a combination of testing and several interviews, There is the option of becoming a sales trainee or management trainee. They look for people who are able to relocate. Whole experience is difficult but fulfilling. Interviewers were intense but professional.Interview Questions
Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
- Sales experience questions. Answer Question
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
Consolidated Electrical Distributors (CED) is an industry-leading consolidator of electrical distributors. With more than 500 locations in 45 states, the wholesaler sells products such as ballasts, power supplies, transformers, switches, wiring, lighting, motors, and temperature controls. Vendors include 3M, Coleman Cable, GE, Hubbell, and Leviton, among others. CED sells to residential, commercial, and industrial construction firms, as well as manufacturing plants and warehouse facilities. Founded in 1957 as The Electric Corporation of San Francisco, CED has grown through...